When you have the option to pick your name in-game, What do you choose?

lukazil

Oct 30, 2017
Luka if its modern male
Lukazil if its medieval male

Sonja for female
Got the lukazil from the name generator in WoW, and it's stuck ever since.

VixnSkye

Feb 16, 2019
If it's a game in a modern setting, I choose Skye, if it's a fantasy game, I go with Aereyja. The first one is because I like it, (hence I use it as nickname too) the second one is because it sounds fantasy like.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Like most, it varies. If I trust a dev somewhat based on the description, info and Patreon stuff all looking decently written and thoughtful then I'll often leave the default. If I'm dubious, I'm likely to choose Dick Johnson, because that way even if the story is crap I at least get some childish amusement from all the lines of "So, you you like Dick?" or "Was great to see ya, Dick"... I'm not proud.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
It depends on the setting and whether the character is supposed to be a hero or a villain. There is one thing for sure though, I'd never ever use my real life name.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
hah ! nice thread here XD

mmmh.. let's see..

for me it depend.
if the MC is male and look cool, i name it as my real name "Frank".
if the MC look dumb or too young or whatever piece of crap he can be for me, i mostly name it "Shitbag".... and it end very well in most of games XD

if MC is female and look good (aka she's not a cum bucket) i name her with my GF name (i wont tell, because she wont agree XD).
if MC is female and is a bitch cumbucket, then i name her "Skunk". (work perfectly most of time too)

i personally very not like when we dont have option for give a custom name. i feel insulted, specially in great game (like in The Witcher serie)

mercykillme

Nov 10, 2018
I always either use "Chief" or "Chef" so that the characters are courteous and treat me with respect :sneaky:

Last edited:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Whatever name I find decent. I called my character Yato in Sister Travel. Suited him pretty well since he made me think of Yato from Noragami mixed with Rance qualities.

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
Chad Chadington. A mixture of douchebaggery and formality. Clearly a joke :D

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
funny.. for me, that sound like you are the one who cook for everybody XD
Well, yes.

The guy who dictates what the kitchen prepares and everyone has to eat. Just like 'Captain' is like a 'taxi driver' of a ship or an airplane. :)

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Depends, usually don't use my own name anymore. Nowadays I usually just put in something I find funny at the time. For ex. I played Timestamps and your best friend is called Bacon so naturally I named myself Egg.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I usually choose by role in the story:
For nerdy guy / gal: @Sam
For guy with huge dick and lots of bitches: @F95
For guy with small dick: @xןʞ
For fatso: @Bloo
For cunt: @bas
For trap: @N7
For sub slut: @TheImage
For dom slut: @TheImage
For friendly guy: @redknight
For drunky: @Pepé Le Pew
For hot grill: @jande21
For dad: @muttdoggy
For mom: @wep
For redhead lover: @TCMS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TCMS! TCMS!
After extensive testing . using different methods to try and get ahead - getting caught and sent back to start screen I said View attachment 198574
So I put things right in the game that hated me ... and it worked:
View attachment 198576
and I got to experience different places and different reactions:
View attachment 198577
The dream state turned to night well spent...
View attachment 198579
And the sweet finnish...
View attachment 198580
But it was not over ... you had seconds...
View attachment 198582
So I finally got your last name right...
View attachment 198583

Thank you sir, for a piece of cake of a game ... filling your shoes was a reat treat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
If a default name is given, take it. If there is none and I'm unsure whether I want to play for an extended period (e.g. attempting to gauge that "lesbian" tag) then "test". For lasting characters usually "Cipher" because it's inhuman enough to match what the character will likely end up doing ;), plus the option of choosing the first name "Louis" just for pun.