Ren'Py Abandoned Where I Belong [v0.1.0 Beta] [Elementario]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

passiveDragon

Aug 28, 2017
I don't quite like that the first option i'm given already has a mistake "Be Freindly" isn't exactly pure english...
Visuals are very good though, Story seems okay, but i haven't gotten very far yet.

Reactions: Elementario

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
Possible memory leak.
At least 3 times the game crashed with "out of memory error", usually when I play too long without saves. amd fx4300 4ghz 8GB + 500gb Patriot ssd. Win7 64bit

Reactions: Elementario

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
It's game like this that makes me wish devs would ask some random friends to test the game first.

Dev: First question, how do you feel testing this game?
Friend: It's really annoying to play.
Dev: OK I'm not going to release the game until it's not annoying to play
Everyone else: THANK YOU, FRIEND!

Devs need to understand that when a game feels annoying to play, nobody would want to play it.
Why spend time just to feel annoyed?

The only good thing about this game is that it's the very first release, so there's time to completely kill this game and start over with a HUGE fix.

Reactions: Mikilande

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
the "young boy" part is annoying..but i'llt ry it..he looks adult at least
I am sorry, this is my first time..well, making a game maybe the description is a bit wrong, the prologue starts when the MC is young but when the game starts the MC is 21, after the prologue there is a time skip of 4 years,
This game mostly started as a passion and I tried to make it fun but right now, its mostly a proof of concept.

Reactions: Taher

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
A story about a young boy with amnesia who was found and adopted by a family yeah right where is the incest patch
Hi, I don't think there will be an incest patch because the way I made the story, the family and the mc are not really related they have a connection but the way the story goes mc is not related to the family.

• Sad
Reactions: Taher and Methos23

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Where I Belong [v0.1.0 Beta] [Elementario] - Original Size: 580MB

Download Win (89.8MB): -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi thanks for that, I didn't really knew how to make a crunched version so, I just released it without compressing.
My bad, I should have thought about that first.
Anyway, thank you.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
overly convoluted UI..timed events..general lack of focus because there is way too much shit to go through or click to accomplish anything..this is a delete and forget for me..sorry.
Thank you for your input, its sad to see you didn't like it but I think I do understand that I may be in the wrong.
As I said, I wanted this to be a proof of concept and introduction to game mechanics, I guess I made it a bit too unnecessarily complicated.
I know click can get tiresome, I mean it is so I mapped most of the functions to keyboard, so you can move around and go to different locations without having to click all the time, I guess there is still a lot of room for improvement.
Thank you for checking it out, I hope I can make it better in future.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I am sorry, this is my first time..well, making a game maybe the description is a bit wrong, the prologue starts when the MC is young but when the game starts the MC is 21, after the prologue there is a time skip of 4 years,
This game mostly started as a passion and I tried to make it fun but right now, its mostly a proof of concept.
Hey your game is intressting so far with that story but please,please,please remove this shitty UI from your game this will make it much,much more intressting and less annoying.
there is no need for this kind of confusing and annoying UI interface.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
+ Younger girl (Elaine) looks hot. Nice model, didn't see that one before
+ Liked the little prologue, mild sci-fi vibes
+ Really liked the render quality and lighting, looked nice throughout - but sadly, only 720p and it shows
+ Eva looks nice

+- Elizabeth and Lucy are ok
+- Pretty bad Engrish at times, but not that bad

- Adrienne is ugly. She looks like she's 50 something
- Hazel looks like a mustard-colored rotisserie chicken
- The UI and the sandbox stuff, along with the convoluted tutorial on them, look really bad
- Using additional key bindings to navigate instead of using the mouse is the most unneeded feature I've ever seen

The sandbox was so infuriatingly confusing, hard to use and killing the fun without adding any worth to the game. You had me excited up until the moment the tutorial for the UI / sandbox started. From that moment on, I really tried having fun but it killed all the fun and after 10 more minutes of clicking through stuff, I just quit and checked the pictures via Unren... such a shame. I hope the dev will rethink this approach. If this was just a classic visual novel without sandbox stuff, it could be a hit. Elaine is just so hot.
Thank you, thank you very much for your feedback.
I am glad you liked some of the models, I tried to make everyone unique and different but mostly I wanted their characters to fit their personality.
I wanted to go a bit more sci-fi and maybe add some fighting elements too in the next version of the game, for now its just introduction to the story.

About 720p renders, I am aware of that but sadly I can't afford to get better machine to get all 1080p renders just yet, I know how bad it looks believe me but since there were so many renders, I didn't wanted to kill my machine even before my game is released, I promise I will get all the renders re-rendered in 1080p soon though.

About English...its not my first language, I am sorry if its, well bad. I will and still am trying to improve it.

I thought Adrienne looked good, but if players don't like it then I will make changes to the character and re-render her scenes in the next version, she is going to be one of the important characters in the story, so I will try to make a better model of her.

About the UI and the tutorial, criticism is noted, I got a bit too carried away with them, I will try to improve them too, I am not good at making UI, but I will try my best.

The reason I made it a sandbox game is because, I thought it fits the tone of the game and the free roam element of the game better.
I still don't think I will completely remove the sandbox I will try to improve it a bit, but I will still think about removing it.

And mostly, sorry if clicking is a bit too much of an hassle, I thought leaving all the navigation to keyboard and character interactions to mouse was a good idea, but clearly not.
I will see if I can improve upon that.

Anyway thanks for your time and feedback, I really appreciate you checking it out.
I guess I got a bit lenient thinking this play-style would fit most people, I will try to improve on it

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Hey your game is intressting so far with that story but please,please,please remove this shitty UI from your game this will make it much,much more intressting and less annoying.
there is no need for this kind of confusing and annoying UI interface.
Noted. Sorry for disappointing you, I will try to improve it surely.
Just a question though, what is it that really bothers you?
The navigation UI or the character interaction UI?
Asking so I can know what to improve upon.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
dont think they can add one without changing the story too much base off the info and picture we see the story scfi meaning the story like got a cool and scary past for the boy ldont know dev full story for the game maybe in the future if the story close to a incest ver
It is going to be pseudo-incest, you will still be able to get with Elaine and Hope, but yes the boy does have a past story because of which I can't make it pure incest.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote