4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Gadget63

Jan 21, 2019
And some people immediately ask provocative questions like: “Is this game abandoned?” or “Is this developer a milker?”, instead of taking the trouble to read at least a few pages of the thread.
565 pages is a lot to go through. but I hear you. A little research goes a long way

Reactions: Juri my Waifu

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
And some people immediately ask provocative questions like: [...] “Is this developer a milker?”, instead of taking the trouble to read at least a few pages of the thread.
You can read all the 565, on page one you'll see the game is going for 1 year after updates. Reading through posts from dev, you'll see thousands of empty promisses on focusing this game after SG update.

In the end SG got more than one update, is getting another, and this one is on a year hiatus. So yeah, people complaining about the developer being a "milker" read the entire post most likely.

As for you, it doesn't seem like you read it, maybe his personal bodyguards and fanboys are busy licking someone boots, so they can't look up to the computer screen and read the post to understand basics.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
565 pages is a lot to go through. but I hear you. A little research goes a long way
This is literally two pages back, on page 563, if your default settings are 20 posts per page. But that wasn't my point.

When people really want to know something, they ask the question sincerely, without any negative premise. Something like "Hey guys, this game hasn't been updated in a while, what's going on here, any news?" It will not be any trouble to answer these questions without any “snarkiness,” even if this question has been asked several times the last month alone. As you correctly noted, not everyone has time to read the thread; maybe it just might be inconvenient, for example, a person is on the move and reading on a small phone screen, but wants to know the news.

Or this endless stream of the same questions about "can NTR be avoided" even though Ocean has answered this question several times. The search function here is a bitch and many people aren't familiar with it or don't even know it exists. And that post with the dev's answer is in my bookmarks, so there is no problem sending the link to a person who is really interested in the game. For many people it is very important whether NTR in the game is forced or not, and I understand this perfectly well. But when a person asks a question from the position of an NTR (or anti-NTR) inquisitor, I cannot read this as anything other than an invitation to an argument.

The same goes for “abandoned questions.” Seriously? Doesn't every abandoned game on this site have a wonderful "abandoned" tag next to the title of the game's thread? Did anyone manage to post a message but couldn't read the thread title? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Okay, there are still plenty of games here that are updated so rarely that they could easily be mistaken for abandoned. But then don’t be lazy to spend a few minutes and read a couple of pages of the game thread. In 95% of cases you will understand perfectly what the current status of the game is.

You (I don’t mean you specifically here, but I’m speaking in general) of course have every right to say "piss off, I'll ask what I want, in the form that I like best, who are you to tell me what to write?" Totally fine, but than I also reserve the right to comment on what I want and to choose the undertone I like without feeling like a jerk :) A day ago, some guy asked exactly the same question in the BaDIK thread and received: “Yeah, it is abandoned, now get the fuck outta here.” But we don’t do it in this thread, because we are people of culture :)

P.S. Sorry for such a long-ass post over something so minor.

Gadget63

Jan 21, 2019
This is literally two pages back, on page 563, if your default settings are 20 posts per page. But that wasn't my point.

When people really want to know something, they ask the question sincerely, without any negative premise. Something like "Hey guys, this game hasn't been updated in a while, what's going on here, any news?" It will not be any trouble to answer these questions without any “snarkiness,” even if this question has been asked several times the last month alone. As you correctly noted, not everyone has time to read the thread; maybe it just might be inconvenient, for example, a person is on the move and reading on a small phone screen, but wants to know the news.

Or this endless stream of the same questions about "can NTR be avoided" even though Ocean has answered this question several times. The search function here is a bitch and many people aren't familiar with it or don't even know it exists. And that post with the dev's answer is in my bookmarks, so there is no problem sending the link to a person who is really interested in the game. For many people it is very important whether NTR in the game is forced or not, and I understand this perfectly well. But when a person asks a question from the position of an NTR (or anti-NTR) inquisitor, I cannot read this as anything other than an invitation to an argument.

The same goes for “abandoned questions.” Seriously? Doesn't every abandoned game on this site have a wonderful "abandoned" tag next to the title of the game's thread? Did anyone manage to post a message but couldn't read the thread title? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Okay, there are still plenty of games here that are updated so rarely that they could easily be mistaken for abandoned. But then don’t be lazy to spend a few minutes and read a couple of pages of the game thread. In 95% of cases you will understand perfectly what the current status of the game is.

You (I don’t mean you specifically here, but I’m speaking in general) of course have every right to say "piss off, I'll ask what I want, in the form that I like best, who are you to tell me what to write?" Totally fine, but than I also reserve the right to comment on what I want and to choose the undertone I like without feeling like a jerk :) A day ago, some guy asked exactly the same question in the BaDIK thread and received: “Yeah, it is abandoned, now get the fuck outta here.” But we don’t do it in this thread, because we are people of culture :)

P.S. Sorry for such a long-ass post over something so minor.
Nah, I would never say piss off, I'd say something like "thou may ingest a satchel of Richards...." LOL

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Does anyone know where I can create characters and environments of this style?
Good Luck with this! Ocean uses DAZ3D and Blender for his games, with normally modified assets including high polygon counts and HD textures nearly everywhere. Optionally you could use Unreal instead of Blender, but that has it´s own branch of problems.
No matter what, unless you just want to make a couple static pics where time is less of a issue, you need a beefy render PC.

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
The game has a really dense atmosphere in places with the background music. The music reminds me a little of the film "Dune - the desert planet" from 1984 when the Fremen taste the water of life and go through all possible spheres with their spirit. The lights in the twilight, the fog... the game is somehow captivating. The developer knows his craft.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
God damn the waiting is killing me, why do i have the feeling that we won't see the update until next year? :Kappa:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Chapter 3 - Dev Log #19

Just now

Hello,

So, I started putting the first renders into the game and began testing.
The current numbers are:
Chapter 3: 1650 ->) 1680
Chapter 3x5: ( 505 ->) 560

Most of my time is currently spent on the phone for Summer's Gone.
As mentioned before, WiAB will get the Phone with Chapter 3x5 too.

And as always, there isn't much to say during the release weeks. It's always kind of a drag and mentally exhausting. (Especially with both games releasing less than a month from each other.)

Previews:
Some rare previews this time... (4K attached.)

I slowed a little down with the work capacity.
In the past, release weeks really left me mentally exhausted & destroyed, but this time I'll not go crazy and rather focus on a consistent and healthy output.

SG is going to be released before WiAB, but as soon as the inital burst of potential bug fixes for SG is over, I'll release WiAB asap.
I just don't want to be bombarded with major bug fixes for two games at once.

- Ocean

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello,

The current numbers are:

And as always, there isn't much to say during the release weeks. It's always kind of a drag and mentally exhausting. (Especially with both games releasing less than a month from each other.)

Previews:
Daphne-1.png
Daphne-2.png
In the past, release weeks really left me mentally exhausted & destroyed, but this time I'll not go crazy and rather focus on a consistent and healthy output.

SG is going to be released before WiAB, but as soon as the inital burst of potential bug fixes for SG is over, I'll release WiAB asap.

- Ocean

€: Sorco what black magic is that, you old F5 spammer? :p

dan_roger69

Donor
Dec 1, 2021

Hello,

The current numbers are:

Previews:

View attachment 2961279
View attachment 2961282

- Ocean

€: Sorco what black magic is that, you old F5 spammer? :p
Thank you Old Man Al for sharing the update

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes