4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
So I offer the following for your consideration:
It is not unusual for a modestly sized novel to take a year to write. Then an additional number of months to go through an editing process with an editor. A good friend has written and has had published seven novels over roughly 20 years. So that's just the time to write the story. No visuals. No animations. No coding. Just to write a novel.

But a VN is more than just writing. The models for the characters must be created, as must the backgrounds. They must be posed. The scenes must be rendered. The animations must be designed, rendered, and animated. Then code must be written to tie it all together. Renpy provides a rich infrastructure to support that, but it is still coding which must be debugged

Ocean started this VN knowing relatively little about the tools he was using. As he became more skilled he found his earlier work lacking. This is a work in progress. He was and is well within his rights to simply decide he's unwilling to move forward with a product that he feels is deficient in his early releases.

The rework of chapter 1 fully demonstrates the massive improvement in every aspect of Ocean's skills and technical quality. So it's not like we don't have evidence of his commitment and effort.

I understand, and to some degree share, your frustration. You and I may feel that his earlier work was "good enough" and desire him to get on with new content. But that isn't our call. Only Ocean can set the standard for his work, and I fully support that.

I suspect the 10th or 20th or 100th house you built was far superior to your first. Would you like to go back and rebuild that first one using all you've learned? Ocean is still learning how to build his VN. We're watching him build it. Doesn't he have the right to tear out his earlier construction and replace it using his now superior skills and tools?
Im not debating his skill as a Dev my point was that these dev's release updates the way they do because it allows them to make alot of money with minimal effort. Like I said I think this dev is very talented and has improved a great deal but for 1 he already had a decent amount of story written in his previous version of the game which Im sure some he will use again in this version like the characters and their relationships and backgrounds for example. I know some of the story will be completely new but he already has a strong foundation for where the story can go. Its clear he is mainly focusing on the rendering, backgrounds and animation this go around. It looks amazing but if it takes 5 years to finish it I think most people will have moved on by then. And im not talking about this dev specifically, Im speaking generally that its a tactic many dev's use and its actually increased quite a bit in the last few months. Like the game AEA for example many people have been disappointed with the past several updates because the time length between them and the amount of content in them just isn't feasible. 2 or 3 months between releases for only 10 to 15 mins of content just doesnt add up.
But anyway I like the game and best of luck to the Developer with the project.

Bedlamh

Dec 8, 2021
Anyone know how important the incest is in the story? Like is it a big deal or just side content you can skip (And not be railroaded)?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
You can skip it. At least currently, there is no major content, IMO.
Edt: Let me reword that. It is not currently part of the story. It will obviously play into the future between the MC and his family.

Reactions: Bedlamh

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone know how important the incest is in the story? Like is it a big deal or just side content you can skip (And not be railroaded)?
We only really have the original game to go off of and anything else is guesswork. In the original version you could have inappropriate sexual contact (ranging from incidental touching to full intercourse) with 4 female members of your family. All of these scenes were optional and you had to work pretty hard to make them happen. There is one possible exception where you can be blackmailed by a family member to perform a degrading act, but you can turn it around on them or call their bluff on the blackmail and live with the blowback. Also, you had to have an incest patch to unlock their "true identities." I don't foresee any railroaded scenes but there is no assurance that any part of the original plot will remain. So buyer beware.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
We only really have the original game to go off of and anything else is guesswork.
And it's good to point that there is no certainty that the rework will go in the same direction. Yet the light pink haired girl of the banner is the MC's sister and we may presume she will be rather pivotal in this new version too.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Dang finally new update, but not really vibing with the new MC. I like Miru's new improvement though, definitely looks better before. Hopefully Dana is still hot

Although it's still too early to say but after completing the first reworked chapter I'm not convinced yet that this game warrants for a complete rework.
I had a really visceral reaction to the new MC design when I saw it too, but it is starting to grow on me. It kind of makes sense that a male romance writer would have to look like Fabio's bastard son to get such a loyal female readership.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
so,seems like SG got another dev log,while the last WIAB one was in February. Any info from discord or something? Is Ocean focusing on SG for now?

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
5 years? This guy :LOL: if only hey.
I dont understand what u think is funny about that.. at the current pace of updates and the amount of chapters the previous version had its on pace to take like 4 years to finish. Or are you to ignorant to see whats going on right in front of you? I swear people dont use logic anymore. They are like 2% logic and 98% emotion.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I dont understand what u think is funny about that.. at the current pace of updates and the amount of chapters the previous version had its on pace to take like 4 years to finish. Or are you to ignorant to see whats going on right in front of you? I swear people dont use logic anymore. They are like 2% logic and 98% emotion.
The dev has said before that this game will have around 30 chapters in total. Do tell me how it's going to get finished in 4 years.

4.30 star(s) 188 Votes