4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Oh man. So expect both games to be completed by like 2050? :HideThePain:
It's a pipe dream, yeah. He's already changing parts of the first chapter IIRC. Instead of introducing the whole family he went out of his way and added additional characters and scenes so the story would progress even slower.

People say he's got a plan now - I don't think he does. Maybe he's got a floor plan scribbled on a crumbled piece of paper but he's too busy designing mirrors in the bathroom to get this thing rolling.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
It's a pipe dream, yeah. He's already changing parts of the first chapter IIRC. Instead of introducing the whole family he went out of his way and added additional characters and scenes so the story would progress even slower.

People say he's got a plan now - I don't think he does. Maybe he's got a floor plan scribbled on a crumbled piece of paper but he's too busy designing mirrors in the bathroom to get this thing rolling.
Haven't been following Ocean long and don't want to tell him how to do his job (which I really, really enjoy) but it does seem that he needs to do something about this.
Either reduce his workload, so basicly hire people (but I've understood that this option has gone sideways before). Or just simply reduce the size of the games/plans, if there actually is 30 chapters planned (to both of them?).

But I bet these things have been discussed a million times already, I just hope Ocean doesn't overload himself too much.

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Haven't been following Ocean long and don't want to tell him how to do his job (which I really, really enjoy) but it does seem that he needs to do something about this.
Either reduce his workload, so basicly hire people (but I've understood that this option has gone sideways before). Or just simply reduce the size of the games/plans, if there actually is 30 chapters planned (to both of them?).

But I bet these things have been discussed a million times already, I just hope Ocean doesn't overload himself too much.
I wouldn't be surprised if the rework is gearing himself up for a Steam release if he hasn't done it already. Luckily, there are other creators out there that have great games to keep us occupado while we wait.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, but for who enjoy NTR its sad, cause SG doesn't have it. WIAB have (at least had before rework, and he answered here on the forum that it'll still have) so it's quite disappointing.
Yeah, looking for incest in a game that's explicitly non-incest and therefore not finding any is so sad and disappointing.

Do you look for stuff IRL where they are not supposed to be and then get sad and disappointed that they're not there too?

Reactions: -Dreamer-

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020

The postwork for SG is going to be a much smoother experience than the one for WiAB.

WiAB's PC is too bad to handle Lightroom/Photoshop while rendering animations.

So, as soon as I arrive at the animations, I will start the postwork.

From SG's dev log, it seems that WiAB's update efficiency is really poor.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

The postwork for SG is going to be a much smoother experience than the one for WiAB.

WiAB's PC is too bad to handle Lightroom/Photoshop while rendering animations.

So, as soon as I arrive at the animations, I will start the postwork.

From SG's dev log, it seems that WiAB's update efficiency is really poor.
And i think why is so difficult for him make a WIAB's log to explain this instead of give this pieces of information in another game's log. Is more than a month since the last WIAB's log.

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
And i think why is so difficult for him make a WIAB's log to explain this instead of give this pieces of information in another game's log. Is more than a month since the last WIAB's log.
Because he said that the post on September 2 is the last Dev log, the next post will be the release announcement.

Now more than a month has passed and the game has still not been released, according to SG's Dev log, it feels like we have to wait a little longer. With such a slow update frequency, how can we expect WiAB to get more patrons and buy a Workstation for WiAB?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Because he said that the post on September 2 is the last Dev log, the next post will be the release announcement.
Clearly when he said that he didn't think will take the time is taking. Keep attached to that statament and don't give any heads up because of that at this point is simply dumb. No wonder even in his discord there people already saying that SG have favoritism.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Damn I miss Miru so badly I want to spank that big ass of hers just because I've had my blue balls waiting all this time... :devilish:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It's been a long time since I, personally, resigned myself and understood that WIAB is a minor product, both in support (although the patreons never jumped ship) and in the mind of the developer.
So all the pessimism I had, disappeared, or so I thought, I understood that the biggest chances are that it will never be finished, that the times between up dates are huge, that no matter how much work there is in the game it will never reach the expectations I have, that knowing the "how" will not beat knowing "what" is going to happen (we already know the story until the trial, the "what", now they will tell us the "how").
But news like this that we now know, still hit in the mood and leave questions that will never have answers...
Is Wiab's hardware really 400% worse than SG's? 11 weeks vs. 44 weeks to reach almost the same result. Unless chapter 2 of WIAB has 20 minutes of animations, I don't see how that's possible, it's no longer a question of the hardware hitting its limit, or the developer leaving the game aside, it has to be a combination of events so catastrophic that I find it hard to even imagine why...
Anyway, with that out of my mind, I'm going to try to get my spirits back and wait to see Katie again. :p :love:

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes