4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016
Last Previews before the 0.5 release and some words.
Peace,

The last days were the worst days of development I've had since I started. My motivation dropped on an all-time low and for the first time, I had to force myself to work on the game.

Daz somehow fucked up an animation that I rendered for ~ 76 hours.
It changed the Depth of field over the animation and every picture went more blurry.
So I had to render for another 76 hours and this makes a total of 152 hours for one animation.
*sigh*

I now did it again.. Here you can see the animation that almost made me fight my PC.
I will change the speed and some details in the final version.
1920x1080/ 60 Frames/ 4000 Iterations each/ ~ 76 hours render time (twice)

I finished 3 of the 5 routes and the update is slowly coming to the final stage.
I said previously that only 1 of these 5 routes can be actively chosen.
Katies route can be chosen now too.

Some previews from her flashback.
Drag into new tab for a better look.

And a random Miru.

3 out of now 10 animations are done.
1340 CGs are rendered in total.
The walkthrough is already written.
0.4 had 10 pages.
0.5 has 21 pages.

That update is hard on me.

Have a lovely day!
- Ocean

:)
I don't know what is the problem? I think quite a good looking.

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Little Katie was such a cutie, this previews let me super curious about her route, especially the part where she sees big bro and big sis... ,the look on her face.. " i am gonna snitch these two to mommy asap" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: xXwankerXx

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
We talking Annabelle the horror movie series or we talking Annabelle from A Haunted House, Because The Annabelle from A Haunted House was quite the freaky hoe just saying.
Ummmm,hopefully not the one from A Haunted House cause that'd be illegal :p

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Animation isn't bad, but I think he's wasting his time on it. This game has crazy amount of new images/per update, plus all the branching paths...it's five + times more compared to games with animated scenes.
More images from different angles, with focus on facial expressions.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
ugh I wish the dev would add an option to break up with miru without being a complete dick or a cheater, simply say hey it isn't working out. I don't care whom she sees or dates afterwards lol.

Reactions: modo200

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Ummmm,hopefully not the one from A Haunted House cause that'd be illegal :p
I mean.. you know what.. all good you right. XD

Animation isn't bad, but I think he's wasting his time on it. This game has crazy amount of new images/per update, plus all the branching paths...it's five + times more compared to games with animated scenes.
More images from different angles, with focus on facial expressions.
I agree with this, I mean I remember saying something like this before update 4 happened. He is learning this and wanted to add it, I get the idea of animation but I prefer with this one he keep it simple if anything just work with smaller loops and also not sure what quality he is going for but a HD or 4K is just waste of time I am more then happy with having with a slightly lower quality animated loop then a high res and all that for a game like this. But agreed, also I agree with it even more now as from his last post saying how he legit had to push himself to finish it etc and how demotivating it was because of an animation mistake or whatever, just proves too me that while he wants to push himself to do new things and try to entertain us with it, it also ends up being not so fun and just turns out to be more time consuming than it is worth.But oh well in the end it is his decision of course. Hope we get an update soon. I have been noticing that a lot of good games and or most wanted games are recently starting to take 1 and a half months to 2 months if not more for only a few min of updates or barely any content, of course there are some exceptions. not saying that this dev has that same issue but what I am trying to point out is the longer the wait for something the bigger people expect the contents to be, However I see he has multiple routes and etc so I am pretty sure that he has plenty of content coming up, animating is just right now gimping him I feel.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I mean.. you know what.. all good you right. XD

I agree with this, I mean I remember saying something like this before update 4 happened. He is learning this and wanted to add it, I get the idea of animation but I prefer with this one he keep it simple if anything just work with smaller loops and also not sure what quality he is going for but a HD or 4K is just waste of time I am more then happy with having with a slightly lower quality animated loop then a high res and all that for a game like this. But agreed, also I agree with it even more now as from his last post saying how he legit had to push himself to finish it etc and how demotivating it was because of an animation mistake or whatever, just proves too me that while he wants to push himself to do new things and try to entertain us with it, it also ends up being not so fun and just turns out to be more time consuming than it is worth.But oh well in the end it is his decision of course. Hope we get an update soon. I have been noticing that a lot of good games and or most wanted games are recently starting to take 1 and a half months to 2 months if not more for only a few min of updates or barely any content, of course there are some exceptions. not saying that this dev has that same issue but what I am trying to point out is the longer the wait for something the bigger people expect the contents to be, However I see he has multiple routes and etc so I am pretty sure that he has plenty of content coming up, animating is just right now gimping him I feel.
I understand your point. But I really like doing these longer animations. I wouldn't do anything without wanting it myself.

The only problem are those long render times. That can be solved with better hardware and someday I will have this hardware. But till then I have to do it like this.
The animations are in Full HD. 4k would really be a waste of time.

If there are 2 games. Both with 1000 Cgs an update. Mine will be shorter because I almost always use a different facial expression for each line. A simple brow squeeze, a subtle smile, etc. I just want to do it like that. That's my style. The game would already be at 0.10 if I used only 4 different expressions/CGs for a whole conversation.

0.5 has 5 routes and every one of them is going to change the future in a different way. The development might be slower and this can result in me being unmotivated because it takes so long, but when this game is finished, I want to look at it and say, "Damn, I really made this game interactive." No fake choices, long term consequences, everything's animated and totally different paths.

Alone the fact that you're able to break up with Miru and the consequences/changes this might bring to every scene in the future are enormous.
This is my first game and doing something this big in the first game.. can be difficult. Especially because of funding/hardware limitations. And I'm quite sure that many other hobby devs would abandon this game sooner or later, just because it gets too much.
But I'm a disciplined person and I love a hard challenge.

And I also understand that people don't like the game. "Where it all began" is the "worst" story I have. Compared to my other game ideas, WIAB is superficial but it was perfect for my first game. Before I started WIAB, I have never ever rendered a CG before, I never wrote conversations in English, I have never edited an image in Lightroom/Photoshop/After Effects and never coded anything and to be honest, I didn't want to sacrifice a good story for my first game. Maybe I would fuck up all the renders or the coding. But still, I will never abandon WIAB.

But as I said, I really like doing these animations and it's the time between updates that demotivates me. But I will never just push an update out without telling the story I want to tell. So many people told me to make smaller updates and more often to increase my earnings. I'm not here to make a quick buck. I spend hundreds of hours a week on this game and if my earnings would be the only motivation I had, this game would long be abandoned. The creative possibilities are unlimited, that's what keeps me going till the end, no matter how demotivated I am.

I'm no quitter.

ugh I wish the dev would add an option to break up with miru without being a complete dick or a cheater, simply say hey it isn't working out. I don't care whom she sees or dates afterwards lol.
You have this option in 0.5. No bitching, just a nice clean "I don't think we have a future."

I assume that is the redone version
No, still the old one, just higher quality.
The "new" one will appear in the future after.. certain events took place.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I actually like the story and setting for this game a lot from the gangs, drugs and fixing the relationship with your family. I like the serious nature of the story. For a first attempt you're doing better then most on their 3rd, 4th and hell some on all of their attempts.

If i could compare it to something it would be like The Tyrant which was my favorite game. In fact this game went in the direction i thought the tyrant would but that game has been pretty much stuck in Limbo for a while now.

As for the Miru breakup. I suggest it be more of a "stuff is going to start getting worse so i can't let you get hurt by being with me" kind of deal or something close atleast on the Vanilla route for her. It wouldn't make sense to just flat out break up storywise by just calling it quits with no reason. I remember being vocal about not wanting to be tied down by her but looking at the story she's still important enough that the reason for breaking up with your GF of 3-4 years has to be somewhat believable atleast.

And someone get Katie a hug those preview pictures explain a lot even though the hints was already there. Oh and also some D cause she can really use some.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I understand your point. But I really like doing these longer animations. I wouldn't do anything without wanting it myself.
The only problem are those long render times. That can be solved with better hardware and someday I will have this hardware. But till then I have to do it like this.
The animations are in Full HD. 4k would really be a waste of time.
If there are 2 games. Both with 1000 Cgs an update. Mine will be shorter because I almost always use a different facial expression for each line. A simple brow squeeze, a subtle smile, etc. I just want to do it like that. That's my style. The game would already be at 0.10 if I used only 4 different expressions/CGs for a whole conversation.
0.5 has 5 routes and every one of them is going to change the future in a different way. The development might be slower and this can result in me being unmotivated because it takes so long, but when this game is finished, I want to look at it and say, "Damn, I really made this game interactive." No fake choices, long term consequences, everything's animated and totally different paths.
Alone the fact that you're able to break up with Miru and the consequences/changes this might bring to every scene in the future are enormous.
This is my first game and doing something this big in the first game.. can be difficult. Especially because of funding/hardware limitations. And I'm quite sure that many other hobby devs would abandon this game sooner or later, just because it gets too much.
But I'm a disciplined person and I love a hard challenge.
And I also understand that people don't like the game. "Where it all began" is the "worst" story I have. Compared to my other game ideas, WIAB is superficial but it was perfect for my first game. Before I started WIAB, I have never ever rendered a CG before, I never wrote conversations in English, I have never edited an image in Lightroom/Photoshop/After Effects and never coded anything and to be honest, I didn't want to sacrifice a good story for my first game. Maybe I would fuck up all the renders or the coding. But still, I will never abandon WIAB.
Thanks for replying and reading my reaction to what I said and by all means I never meant what I said as you doing a bad job or whatever just a few points and thoughts out there, I sometimes have no filter and most of the times say what I think while trying to be as respectful as I can, just letting you know for future reference in case I could ever come of harsh, Not saying you took it the wrong way as I legit felt your reply to me was sincere.
So with that out of the way Ill get to replying to what you replied to me.

The point I was making with saying about animations gimping you and demotivating pretty much was pure the frustration part when things go wrong to be honest which if it goes wrong there are days missing this is obvious for every other dev as well and depending on the hardware decides on how much time is wasted, you obviously pointing out your hardware is not the best makes things take longer which is fine, you work with what you got.So long as you got passion for your projects people will notice this in your game by the means of writing, your codes, how well done most of the things are and what not.
You already started or at least tried cutting down some of the extra images for more content at least to the point you are comfortable with so that's cool because the game still feels good and alive. Now on the dislike of the game obviously everyone has kinks or certain things they like or dislike, I personally enjoy your game a load and I do mean a fuck load, to the point I legit sometimes am frustrated if I cannot catch a monthly update however I don't express this nor moan about it anywhere as I know you are working on it and you also communicate with the people interested in your game and such, that is key, the fact you communicate. Sure late or long updates bum you out but so long as you communicate people know you are still there and care and I appreciate that a lot so I just bite through it and wait till I see an update pop up.

Only thing I legit suggest is, if you can at one point is have someone help out with something. this can be done at the point where your funding would be fine, not everyone get's Mr.Dots level of funding. You are a one man team, so branching out a lot is fine, it means lot of routes lot of replay ability and possibly a very big game to enjoy for a long period of time.
of course with funding first you prob will look in to is hardware upgrades this is good, I suggest giving it a bit AMD/Intel/etc
all are coming out with some new goodies soon. Yes they are going to be expensive but this is a good thing because new stuff coming means the last year stuff prices are going down and a lot of people who upgrade from last year will also try selling their hardware, try to bank on this market and hope for the best.

You do you m8, you are making the game you are making the story, don't let others get to you.Obviously you take criticism very well so in the long run you are going to be fine. You will always have people be at the ready for your game. I like how a lot of things are done in your game and it is def in my top 5 games I enjoy the most.

so keep it up.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
is every fetish on genre in the game?
I would say about 95% accurate some of em are sort of eh questionable if it is a yes or no hence 95% but most of em are there for sure, also iirc it might keep on getting more in there depending on what the poll he puts has and what patreons vote.
but overall you can say that most of what is there is def in game yeah.

Reactions: jack brisen
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes