4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I am hopeful that WIAB will be released before SG... i.e. December 7 WIAB and December 21 SG. :sneaky:
Now in all seriousness, I believe that WIAB was frozen at 800 renders in January and only resumed in earnest in mid-May. We know that the production capacity "increased" by hardware, but also increased the ambition of the next chapter of SG (5k-8k renders) which makes me wonder if all A6000 are enough to make 7-10 k renders in this annual cycle-.
to be honest, I don't really care about the resolution (1k, 4k or whatever), the main thing is that there is an update in the foreseeable future

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

Hello,

I apologize for this boy being a day late.

I was committed to building furniture, and that's what I did for most of the day...

This was me before:
1721366059678.png

But it was time I made this place look like someone actually lives here... I now have a table and few stools. Job done. Previously, friends that came over had to sit on the floor. Did I feel bad? No.

I sold it as an alternative Berlin apartment style. (I didn't but it would probably work.)

The only time spent in front of the PC was me discussing stuff with the GF of a friend with whom I wanted to learn Blender together.

But I'm 99% sure that it's not going to work out. I love working on the games and I'm in it with burning passion... But if someone you want to work with isn't... We have a problem.

I doubt she'd ever reach the level of quality needed in terms of environmental design needed with her mindset.

Selfmade HDRIs.
I've started shooting my own HDRI images. In a future Blender log, I will explain HDRIs and why I'm shooting them myself in more detail. (It will be quite a bit of work, but as soon as I get the workflow down, it will be great.)

I drove to a closed gas station yesterday night and took around 30 images 3EV 5. (Not optimal but my cam can't do any better.)

"Can you show us the HDRI?"

Well uhm... You see... Umm... I can't find the cable to transfer the images to my PC... And I will need a new lens... I have a 14mm lens but the APS-C crop factor (1.5x) of my Sony A6400 fucks with it. (I need a lens with ~15mm).

I might just lease a camera at some point so I won't have to deal with that damn crop factor anymore. (And can shoot in 2EV 7 which is optimal.)

I'm not doing this because I'm bored. There's some intention behind it. I will talk about it in more detail in a future log.

Interactive leaves.
I want to integrate a few new thingies into the games. One of those are interactive symbols in some scenes. From now on, you can find leaves in some scenes, and they will be clickable. Clicking them unlocks a secret render.

You can see it to the right of Dana's head. (Preview)
1721366082511.png

Some of them can be a little tricky to spot. If you play WIAB without NTR, you will unlock the normal extra render. If you have it turned on, there will also be an NTR version of it.

I'm aware that quite a few play WiAB due to the NTR content... But said content takes a while to make believable... So at least you get some snacks until the time comes for some real content.

Change.
I had faced an issue ever since I started thinking about WIAB on Steam... With the events that went down in March and WiAB losing 98% of its support overnight, I was forced to find a solution to the following question much earlier than expected:

"How to publish WiAB on Steam/GOG and for the story, etc. to make sense?"

With the new update, there will be some changes to a certain part of the game. And they might be an issue for some people, and welcomed by others.

The only person related to William (MC) is Leia.

Certain love stories will feel much more natural, solving a big issue I faced in Season 2. You'll see how it feels and plays out in the next update.

The further we get, the bigger its impact.

Previews
Departure.
1721366105981.png 1721366113468.png

I'll see you in two weeks.
-Ocean

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
With the new update, there will be some changes to a certain part of the game. And they might be an issue for some people, and welcomed by others.

The only person related to William (MC) is Leia.
At first I thought, oh, this means Katie is adopted. Then it hit me, unless it's worded badly, this means that Helen is NOT Willi's mom anymore, and Dylan's not his dad. Katie then is the actual Zane, and Willi and Leia are adopted?

Edit: Srimanta was quicker on the uptake than me, like lightning.

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021
At first I thought, oh, this means Katie is adopted. Then it hit me, unless it's worded badly, this means that Helen is NOT Willi's mom anymore, and Dylan's not his dad. Katie then is the actual Zane, and Willi and Leia are adopted?

Looks like Orphans and Adoptions are quite a common theme in Zanevers huh.
First Nika and Nami and now William and Leia but again I am little confused about all of them not being related

They all are lookalike

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Looks like Orphans and Adoptions are quite a common theme in Zanevers huh.
First Nika and Nami and now William and Leia but again I am little confused about all of them not being related

They all are lookalike
Pure speculation, but if Willi's not a Zane by blood, then what was the family name on his and Leia's birth certificate? This allows for so many different tangents:

- Helen is being targeted to get Willi back because the evil dude in the shadows causing the problems is actually his dad and has the surname Cyrus.
- Following from that, what if Nika is actually Willi's younger brother, the second son of the mysterious evil dude?
- Did Helen do the same thing as Noji, potentially using Scarlet as a back door to the hospital to arrange their adoption?

All this is pure craziness to consider (and these are 100% random speculation from a sleep and coffee deprived brain), it really has a seismic shift, regardless of what revelations we'll find out when it gets released.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Pure speculation, but if Willi's not a Zane by blood, then what was the family name on his and Leia's birth certificate? This allows for so many different tangents:

- Helen is being targeted to get Willi back because the evil dude in the shadows causing the problems is actually his dad and has the surname Cyrus.
- Following from that, what if Nika is actually Willi's younger brother, the second son of the mysterious evil dude?
- Did Helen do the same thing as Noji, potentially using Scarlet as a back door to the hospital to arrange their adoption?

All this is pure craziness to consider (and these are 100% random speculation from a sleep and coffee deprived brain), it really has a seismic shift, regardless of what revelations we'll find out when it gets released.
Many things would be wrong with this idea, especially the age of the characters.

Reactions: Maviarab

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Many things would be wrong with this idea, especially the age of the characters.
I know a few brothers with 20 years difference in age. Old dudes can be creepy parents. Just imagine, AVN logic could prevail, and the dad dies in a car crash at the end of WiaB after NTRing someone :)

Or maybe I should either sleep or get coffee instead of typing right now.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019

That was my take on it, I am not sure how I feel. Helen being only his adoptive mother makes things more easier, Leia is his twin so there is not much to be done.

I just am.not entirely sure as to why change this aspect of the story now that the patreon page went down. Is it just because he did not felt that certain relationship felted natural, being it a narative change I can understand but if it is because Patreon I can see the reason

Also It seems that Miru will be gone for a while

Reactions: Thriller

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021

Look at you making all these theories and all,

I mean what you are saying can totally be a possibility but then again if Cyrus's are some evil gangsters then why didn't Nojiko actually adopted Nika and Nami officially or on paper like how the Zanes did it with Leia and William?

It would have solved many problems and hiding Nami and Nika from them would have been hell lot easier .
Donno but for some reason I still think Leia is Nika's mother but that would complicate things even further

4.30 star(s) 188 Votes