4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
Holy crap, I haven't played this game since before the remake, so I thought I'd drop in and check it out... and it's been almost a year since the last update? Yikes! Is it worth replaying and getting hyped? I mean, the bar has been raised in a year... just curious

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
Holy crap, I haven't played this game since before the remake, so I thought I'd drop in and check it out... and it's been almost a year since the last update? Yikes! Is it worth replaying and getting hyped? I mean, the bar has been raised in a year... just curious
Chapters 1-5 are still beeing rework, wait a little bit to get the full experience

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I'm going to wait before I get reinvested in the game again. I'll probably need to refresh my review as well.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
This game needs to be marked on hold.

On the patreon page it says there working on chapter 1 remake and there is 5 chapters if I remember right so another 5 years maybe needed to get back to where the game was when the dev stop working on it.

I wish dev's would finish there games before they come out with remakes.

Dev's other game is approaching 4 months with no update.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
This game needs to be marked on hold.

On the patreon page it says there working on chapter 1 remake and there is 5 chapters if I remember right so another 5 years maybe needed to get back to where the game was when the dev stop working on it.

I wish dev's would finish there games before they come out with remakes.

Dev's other game is approaching 4 months with no update.
I'd agree, on hold is probably appropriate.

This is why I'm not a Patron until a new dev completes a game. Then my patronage is a reward/payment for the previous game.

The downside to this is that OceanLab had a game with a great story and good visuals to start, but has now lost any momentum and trust that they'd get from people playing. They would have been better off finishing the game as-is, proceeding to the next, then working on the rework of this game. Additionally, I'm guessing if it's a rework, old saves probably won't work either. But it is what it is.

I'm probably going to unfollow (unwatch) this thread. I'll find it again if and when it's finished.

Last edited:

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Does anyone know what the "remake" was for? Was it programming or graphics?

From my experience, most of these "remakes" are just here to keep people donating with least amount of work. Where the developer doesn't make dramatic code changes, but simply re-render their existing scenes (again without any changes except for maybe some new texture and lighting packs that makes it LOOK different, but same angles positions and models).

So perhaps the devs feel tired of writing new scenes, and just leave their computer on overnight to render scenes and consider that "work" and "progress". Idk could be wrong.

Edit: I just scrolled a few pages up. I see the Left vs Right comparison. I was exactly on point. The dev is dicking around in blender, making the models slightly more lifelike. It's as if making the models a bit more prettier is worth it to on hold the game for 1 year and stop the plot entirely. Imagine of Oda of One Piece stopped drawing and said he's going to redraw Chapter 1 - 600 of One Piece to make it "up to standards". If the author means well, I feel sorry for his lack of awareness of what makes a product good. If he means bad, and is really milking people for money doing as little work as possible, then that's terrible.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes