acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
First off I’d really like to thank Ace for doing everything possible to try and keep this thread civil and together as tensions continued to rise. To try and put a positive spin on things you can see it as a testament to how good this project is if people are willing to react so passionately about it….or that some people are entitled and can’t fathom how much work goes into turning ideas into art, story, and code! It’s a meager contribution in the scheme of things but I upped my Patreon pledge as a thank you to the team and to celebrate this achievement. I wish there was like a one-time tip option or something though because you’ve all earned a nice dinner or a bottle of the good stuff immediately for pulling this off! (PM if there’s like a PayPal or anything we could work this out through.) Now on to the review:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your support! Also
As for the animations, they aren't difficult to include even with minor variations, just a bit time consuming to render/pose, but we think it's more than worth it.
The size problem of the game and re-downloading we are looking at for the next update.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I really love this game BUT wish the devs would fix some of these annoying constant 'forced' interactions with debbie especially if you wish to be on the katie path.

You go from calling her a slut and many other mean things to her constantly trying to seduce the mc at every opportunity even after deciding you have 'NO INTEREST' in her the story goes onto them having a conversation at the beach scenes to then a forced kissing scene, then even talking about trying to set her and lily up when you said no at the pool ??? This just makes no sense whatsoever when the game tells you your choice has been noted after saying you have no interest in her at natasha's party on the tuesday night, when it clearly still forces certain actions onto you! Please fix this devs as when you decide against someone there interactions shouldn't then be forced on us, Please...
Sorry if you feel forced with Debbie, we try to give the most options to opt out with each girl possible and skip their respective solo scenes, but in some cases there is a lot of intertwining. Katie/Debbie/Lily being a prime example even if you only want one of them.

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
I'm really impressed by the writing in this game. Feels very natural. One of the best, if not the best VN, imo.

I wish it had better renders and animations tho.

Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I have a feeling this is My Sister my Roommate all over again. Ava does the thankless job of shutting down expectations (and rightfully so, a full harem doesn't make a iota of sense for this game, individual small groups do) and in the end there will be a harem ending due to incessant whining of the rest of the crowd. :D
There is a big demand for a harem because everyone likes their cake and to eat it too, but our plans and expectations have not changed and I don't see Cheeky budging there. We will have a few endings with multiple compatible girls and likely even no girls, but the only possibility of a harem ending would be in a bonus, non-canon, alternate reality, or dream we might tack on for people if the demand is there when we get to the end. Of course what you choose to accept as your imaginary reality is on the player. :)

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Sorry if you feel forced with Debbie, we try to give the most options to opt out with each girl possible and skip their respective solo scenes, but in some cases there is a lot of intertwining. Katie/Debbie/Lily being a prime example even if you only want one of them.
So a bit like reality then.

How many relationships fail because her friends are always in the way.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
If you really consider to add "alternate reality (full) harem" ending, I do hope that will be only as a "alternate episode"/add-on! Otherwise this great game could become just another meaningless "we-all-are-sooo-happy-happy-fappers" game, all due to "popular demands"....
All kidding aside, if there is high enough "demand" perhaps that tentacle-futa-monster isn't unrealistic at all:unsure:
So futa's, tentacle's, trump's and all other lovers here is your chance to push a little, and get the game you deserve/wanna;)
well maybe not a full harem, I don't like Kate and Jenna at all, I bang them just cuz I like to play all routes, we all have our favorites...
btw if you don't want to see the harem ending if they add it, don't play it, reject the girls you don't like and go for the ending you want, you meany...
:p certainly not kidding aside, no futas and tentacles for you, you can have trumps though ;)

acewinz I must disagree... We can certainly buy cheeky with cookies to give us a full harem :LOL:
1591221885922.png
(sandwiched cookies.... like a good pussy...)

Last edited:

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
So will it be possible to get through the game/story being friends (No romance) with certain girls like for example Jenna and/or Elaine and still get relevant or needed information to learn what we need to in the story?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So will it be possible to get through the game/story being friends (No romance) with certain girls like for example Jenna and/or Elaine and still get relevant or needed information to learn what we need to in the story?
Yes.

I have solo girl routes and still managed to get enough clues without cheating on anyone. As long as you don't act like a dick with the person you want the clues from it's fine.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
There is a big demand for a harem because everyone likes their cake and to eat it too, but our plans and expectations have not changed and I don't see Cheeky budging there.
As long as there's a clear final point of no return in the future episode, I'm ok with no harem. But if there's no such thing, the small criticism is the unclear handling of relationships in the game which encouraged the players to go full-harem mode with every girl.

Up to episode 17, we have had so many chances to break up with so and so. This lead the players into thinking "Well, I can just break up in the future episode, right?" which then gives no incentive to choose a non-harem route from the start.

Similarly with the contradictory of the dialogue and the acts. In previous episode, Katie broke up with MC if you handled the Jenna-in-MC-bed scene badly. But in episode 17, Katie was ok with her and Jenna going topless in front of MC and MC stroking his dick in front of both of them. While the dick stroking was Jenna's idea, it was ultimately still Katie who started it by asking MC to take off his pants to show them his dick (plus it was Katie who started by showing off Jenna's boobs to MC too). It gives the impression that Katie is slightly changing her opinion about sharing with Jenna. This then leads to the players thinking "Well maybe Katie would change her opinion about sharing with Jenna even more in later episodes".

Lastly, there's also unclear relationship between characters that don't really interact with each other. For example, if I really like Jolina and Debbie, how would that play out when they never interacted with each other in the game?

So while I understand that the devs clearly don't want harem path, I am fairly disappointed that the game (so far) is played out with many harem elements with the group scenes. Sure we probably shouldn't want to have the cake and eat it too, but it's hard to not do so when the devs kept on putting the cake in front of us while not providing other food. If we're hungry, yeah we'd eat the cake.

Last edited:

Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Btw... when you tell Lily you want to be just friends and don't go for sex scenes with her this is what happens:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Episode17.rpy", line 1742, in script
    L "No.  It's OK %(player_name), thank you.  I'm just going to finish a couple of pages and then drive home.  No need for you to stick around. Thanks for coming.  I'll see you soon."
ValueError: unsupported format character ',' (0x2c) at index 26

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    L "No.  It's OK %(player_name), thank you.  I'm just going to finish a couple of pages and then drive home.  No need for you to stick around. Thanks for coming.  I'll see you soon."
  File "E:\download\gmes\Windows PC\PC WTHI Ep17 full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\download\gmes\Windows PC\PC WTHI Ep17 full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1218, in say
    what = what % tag_quoting_dict

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Where The Heart Is Ep17
Thu Jun 04 01:59:17 2020

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
As long as there's a clear final point of no return in the future episode, I'm ok with no harem. But if there's no such thing, the small criticism is the unclear handling of relationships in the game which encouraged the players to go full-harem mode with every girl.

Up to episode 17, we have had so many chances to break up with so and so. This lead the players into thinking "Well, I can just break up in the future episode, right?" which then gives no incentive to choose a non-harem route from the start.

Similarly with the contradictory of the dialogue and the acts. In previous episode, Katie broke up with MC if you handled the Jenna-in-MC-bed scene badly. But in episode 17, Katie was ok with her and Jenna going topless in front of MC and MC stroking his dick in front of both of them. While the dick stroking was Jenna's idea, it was ultimately still Katie who started it by asking MC to take off his pants to show them his dick. It gives the impression that Katie is slightly changing her opinion about sharing with Jenna. This then leads to the players thinking "Well maybe Katie would change her opinion about sharing with Jenna even more in later episodes".

Lastly, there's also unclear relationship between characters that don't really interact with each other. For example, if I really like Jolina and Debbie, how would that play out when they never interacted with each other in the game?

So while I understand that the devs clearly don't want harem path, I am fairly disappointed that the game (so far) is played out with many harem elements with the group scenes. Sure we probably shouldn't want to have the cake and eat it too, but it's hard to not do so when the devs kept on putting the cake in front of us while not providing other food. If we're hungry, yeah we'd eat the cake.
I think you are looking at it only from the pov of harem, no harem. Think of it like real life. If you are a cheating asshole, you can screw as many chicks as you want if you don't get caught, but at some point you may have to make a choice/choices and they may not all be compatible. I also don't think we have been all that ambiguous with the characters willingness to share and there are also degrees.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Btw... when you tell Lily you want to be just friends and don't go for sex scenes with her this is what happens:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\download\gmes\Windows PC\PC WTHI Ep17 full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\download\gmes\Windows PC\PC WTHI Ep17 full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1218, in say
    what = what % tag_quoting_dict

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Where The Heart Is Ep17
Thu Jun 04 01:59:17 2020
Thanks Boracle, we got that one fixed in the upcoming bugfix.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I think Katie is a perfect example,
This is what I meant though. She started of by saying she's against sharing, but her behavior isn't in-line with what she said. We then accidentally found out from Debbie that apparently the 3 of them teased guys together all the time. So basically Katie's behavior continued to evolve where it's natural that the expected end-goal is group sex and sharing. It's hard to take what she said seriously if she behaved differently than what she said.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
This is what I meant though. She started of by saying she's against sharing, but her behavior isn't in-line with what she said. We then accidentally found out from Debbie that apparently the 3 of them teased guys together all the time. So basically Katie's behavior continued to evolve where it's natural that the expected end-goal is group sex and sharing. It's hard to take what she said seriously if she behaved differently than what she said.
There is a big difference between teasing guys together, and sharing a dick. At least with Katie, Debbie and likely Lily are more amiable, but Katie will require more nudging and probably some high realtion/lust stats and some smooth dialog. Thankfully she has open minded friends that might help us out.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not really, a lot of us act silly around friends but wouldn't follow through with any of it.

Katie was playing around, doesn't mean she wants her man fucking anyone else.

Reactions: CheekyGimp

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I think you are looking at it only from the pov of harem, no harem. Think of it like real life. If you are a cheating asshole, you can screw as many chicks as you want if you don't get caught, but at some point you may have to make a choice/choices and they may not all be compatible. I also don't think we have been all that ambiguous with the characters willingness to share and there are also degrees.
I've been wondering about that. Would you by any chance be able to confirm whether grooming Katie towards sexual openness and subtly hinting you might like her sister as well, could potentially lead to Katie/Jenna ending? I'm not talking about threesome with them, since that would be completely out of Katie's character (and too much for Jenna as well) but merely them both accepting you love both? Jenna is pretty open minded - even though she's still far from being a harem material, and Katie did express she appreciates MC building up Jenna's confidence and him looking out for her younger sister, so perhaps the possibility of her sharing MC with Jenna wouldn't be so far fetched. The question is just whether she'd trust MC enough not to think he's just a regular sleazebag who crawled his way into her kid sister's panties while dating her.

As for the new developments: It would seem there's definitely more than meets the eye to Theresa, unless Cheeky just threw us another curveball that is. I wonder if Dogboy wasn't trying to achieve something else by his mom's instructions and the whole sleazy stalker thing was just a cover - could Dogboy be MC's stepbrother? And where does Jo tie in this whole mess then... Willing participant or just a hapless bystander? There is something about her, even though I like her, that gives me a feeling she's still hiding something though...

As for Elaine and Bella I still can't decide. Elaine is definitely trying to pull something off and hide it from MC for now (her reactions and attempts to distract MC during the joyride in this episode made that obvious) but strange as it is, my gut feeling and her reactions seem to imply that whatever she's planning might not be the knife in MCs back we expect but something else, perhaps even beneficial for him... I also didn't trust Bella's willingness to feed us incriminating information about Elaine since the beginning. Something there seems really off, like she's trying to lead us onto wrong trail - not to mention Katie dislikes her and I reckon she's part guard dog herself which makes her an excellent judge of character just by smell. :p I could of course be wrong about Bella though, she was after all always nice to MC, while Elaine is supposedly trying to make up for past sins... I guess we'll have to wait for more info to see how this all plays out.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
There is a big difference between teasing guys together, and sharing a dick. At least with Katie, Debbie and likely Lily are more amiable, but Katie will require more nudging and probably some high realtion/lust stats and some smooth dialog. Thankfully she has open minded friends that might help us out.
Exactly my point. Katie's dialogue said she doesn't want sharing. But apparently with more nudging, high relation/lust stats, smooth dialogue, and open minded friend helping MC, Katie might ended up sharing after all.

This is what I meant about the dialogue not in-line with the action. She can keep on saying she doesn't want to share, but the game kept on giving the players choices to encourage threesome, encourage lesbianism, encourage foursome to encourage her to change.

If she can change, then it's natural that the players expected group sex scene by ignoring what she said
If she can't change, then it's pointless to give all those dialogue options

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I've been wondering about that. Would you by any chance be able to confirm whether grooming Katie towards sexual openness and subtly hinting you might like her sister as well, could potentially lead to Katie/Jenna ending? I'm not talking about threesome with them, since that would be completely out of Katie's character (and too much for Jenna as well) but merely them both accepting you love both? Jenna is pretty open minded - even though she's still far from being a harem material, and Katie did express she appreciates MC building up Jenna's confidence and him looking out for her younger sister, so perhaps the possibility of her sharing MC with Jenna wouldn't be so far fetched. The question is just whether she'd trust MC enough not to think he's just a regular sleazebag who crawled his way into her kid sister's panties while dating her.

As for the new developments: It would seem there's definitely more than meets the eye to Theresa, unless Cheeky just threw us another curveball that is. I wonder if Dogboy wasn't trying to achieve something else by his mom's instructions and the whole sleazy stalker thing was just a cover - could Dogboy be MC's stepbrother? And where does Jo tie in this whole mess then... Willing participant or just a hapless bystander? There is something about her, even though I like her, that gives me a feeling she's still hiding something though...

As for Elaine and Bella I still can't decide. Elaine is definitely trying to pull something off and hide it from MC for now (her reactions and attempts to distract MC during the joyride in this episode made that obvious) but strange as it is, my gut feeling and her reactions seem to imply that whatever she's planning might not be the knife in MCs back we expect but something else, perhaps even beneficial for him... I also didn't trust Bella's willingness to feed us incriminating information about Elaine since the beginning. Something there seems really off, like she's trying to lead us onto wrong trail - not to mention Katie dislikes her and I reckon she's part guard dog herself which makes her an excellent judge of character just by smell. :p I could of course be wrong about Bella though, she was after all always nice to MC, while Elaine is supposedly trying to make up for past sins... I guess we'll have to wait for more info to see how this all plays out.
Afraid I cannot confirm anything that hasn't happened yet, I'd hate to ruin any surprises or sink anyone's hopes. :)

Reactions: Dreadder
4.40 star(s) 321 Votes