anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Note: do not read the spoiler parts if you do not want to really know too much.

[...] It's going for all the women and a harem doesn't exist in this game, sooner or later it will go tits up.
I'm not totally sure that it still apply, as least strictly speaking.

Beyond the scene, this update have some opening regarding some harem routes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doesn't mean that there isn't some girls that will not make it to the harem (hello Mabel and Wanda), or that will complicate things (hello Theresa, Elaine and Bella). But so far you aren't stuck with a pure monogamous route. Anyway, I assume that Cheekygimp will continue like that, and force us to choose when a girl can't make it to the harem with the choices we previously made ; so technically we can continue to pursue all the girls without consequences. And if you take Lily/Katie case as reference, you have to choose only if you haven't been a good friend by helping Debbie get in Lily's pants, and so haven't been a good lover who did what is good for Katie's besties. Therefore, continue to be the best possible friend and lover, and it's possible that you'll be good and avoid the obligations to make a choice.

So far, and obviously from my sole point of view, the main question regard the possibility to have both Monica, Jenna and Katie. Yet, there's some possible clues about the future. If Monica is ready to forgive you for what you did with one of her daughter, the suspicion variable goes up to 99, and starting there, she have some lines where she take it really good ; this while usually disabled variables get a negative value. So, it's not impossible that the suspicion double as a slow acceptation.
And there's also the possibility of a two mutually excluding harem routes, one resolving around Monica and her daughters, and one resolving around Elaine and Bella.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Then that's pretty much me done.

If you go wayyy back to before this was cleared up I said if it went the harem route i'd be out. They always look ridiculous and I find it hard to take them seriously.

I stuck around when it was cleared up and decisions would have consequences.

Makes the whole decision thing utterly pointless if there is no meaning to them.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020

It doesn't mean that there isn't some girls that will not make it to the harem (hello Mabel and Wanda), or that will complicate things (hello Theresa, Elaine and Bella). But so far you aren't stuck with a pure monogamous route. Anyway, I assume that Cheekygimp will continue like that, and force us to choose when a girl can't make it to the harem with the choices we previously made ; so technically we can continue to pursue all the girls without consequences. And if you take Lily/Katie case as reference, you have to choose only if you haven't been a good friend by helping Debbie get in Lily's pants, and so haven't been a good lover who did what is good for Katie's besties. Therefore, continue to be the best possible friend and lover, and it's possible that you'll be good and avoid the obligations to make a choice.

So far, and obviously from my sole point of view, the main question regard the possibility to have both Monica, Jenna and Katie. Yet, there's some possible clues about the future. If Monica is ready to forgive you for what you did with one of her daughter, the suspicion variable goes up to 99, and starting there, she have some lines where she take it really good ; this while usually disabled variables get a negative value. So, it's not impossible that the suspicion double as a slow acceptation.
And there's also the possibility of a two mutually excluding harem routes, one resolving around Monica and her daughters, and one resolving around Elaine and Bella.
Good to see some raw data behind this. I think this was kinda the outcome most people were expecting. Pretty much excludes all characters at once but not separate groups. But this would lead to potentially larger groups than was expected.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
One of Cheeky's primary goals with this project was to keep it semi-realistic with the relationships and characters. He did especially at the start have minimal fallout if you play the field and lie/cheat (so long as you are good with choices) with the intent that you can't have it all in the end. Primarily so people could see the maximum content on a single playthrough while still being realistic. Now that we have the quickstart that could change, but I imagine we will try and stick to the precedent. But people will have to make some choices in the end. They may have more options than they think, but fewer than they'd like. :)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Then that's pretty much me done.

If you go wayyy back to before this was cleared up I said if it went the harem route i'd be out. They always look ridiculous and I find it hard to take them seriously.

Makes the whole decision thing utterly pointless if there is no meaning to them.
Knowing Cheeky; these are false flags to throw off people nosy enough to go poking through the code ;)

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Knowing Cheeky; these are false flags to throw off people nosy enough to go poking through the code ;)
I'll keep my eye on it but I already made one screw up backing Sumo when he was adamant about doing something different then changed his mind so it's a safer bet in the face of evidence to shut myself the fuck up for a change and see how it ends.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Fuck...i just started Episode 7 and met bella for the first time. She mentioned something about feeling pity that MC only had the choice to stay with Monica. I was just about to ask here why bella said that and you told she was in a sexual relationship with MC's dad. so is it a speculation or theory or it is actually confirmed in the game?
IIRC the story from Monica's side is that the dad wanted to bang her but she rejected him. This was while he was still married to MC's mom. The dad was so persistent that eventually Monica told mom about it what triggered the divorce. Obviously the dad would tell Elaine a different story about how it all went down. Can't remember if we have confirmation in either way but given dad's track record I'm trusting Monica in this regard.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I'll keep my eye on it but I already made one screw up backing Sumo when he was adamant about doing something different then changed his mind so it's a safer bet in the face of evidence to shut myself the fuck up for a change and see how it ends.
Yeah they tore Sumo a new one. Kind of set themselves up though by having misleading scenes about how each character felt about one another. There was times when it was clear they would be together and other times it wasn't. I understood what they were going for but the execution could have been better and since it wasn't really cleared up within a manageable amount of time. The game ended up ending without giving a good enough conclusion to those arcs which left people angry, disappointed and confused.
That is not happening here at all. Not only can you see consequences and huge clues of consequences. It's almost a given things will turn out shit in the end if you aren't careful.
I'm not convinced that there will be a Katie/Debbie/Lily ending. I can see a 4 some happening but I can't see Katie giving you emotionally to her friends in a shared relationship. Despite her clear admittance of jealousy, she's also a secret romantic and I just can't picture a polygamous relationship not hurting in the long run.
No I think she's willing to share your body but not your heart.
Now with Debbie and Lily I see it differently. I'm not sure Lily can be in love with Debbie without MC. Lily is clearly mostly heterosexual while Debbie is more homosexual. The thing that could bring them together in a loving relationship is MC. I just don't see it working without him. This is one of the few Polygamous relationships I can see working.
So what about Jenna/Jolina. Despite both girls clearly having an attraction to each other I can't see a relationship between all 3 working out for a lot of the same reasons why I can't see Katie being okay long term with it. Jenna might be a freak in the sheets but she is also very jealous. She tells you several times Don't fall in love with her. That being said Jenna isn't against sharing you sexually. Three somes are probably in the future for them but sharing your body isn't the same as sharing your heart. I don't think Jenna would be okay long term.
I have a suspicion that long term (endings) might still have some consequences even if you managed to successfully start some polygamous relationships. Just because of how some of the characters are presented in personality so far.
One last note, I'm highly. Doubtful there will be any Katie/Jenna/Monica, the reason being is the game clearly is without incest and I just can't see them sharing MC that way. So I think it's a safe bet to assume that that's a no go.
What would be interesting if some unlikely pairs started to show up, like Monica/Eliane or Bella/Jenna hell I could do with some Katie/Wanda (Can you imagine you and Katie Doming Wanda? That's someone I can't see Katie getting Jelous over ever as she would be more like a pet to the two of you. )

Anyways I rambling too much.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As for the gold digger I would naturally think it is more likely to be someone that is throwing herself at MC, more that someone you have to chase and seduce.
You're taking the problem from the wrong angle, limiting the benefit to one third of the inheritance. A real gold digger would want as much as possible, and therefore try hard to make the two other fails ; "It be a real cold one, with plans on top a' more plans".

Monica: A close friend from you father or parents, an older lady. seems a bit off.
It cannot be her. According to what she know about the will, if she have the MC, he don't have the money.

Elaine: Come on, she is like your mother in law. Very suspicious.
It can be her, yes, but...
"I see many years in the cold...separation from you [MC]. You were kept apart but it was the fault of another", clearly refer to her. So, she wasn't lying when she said that it's the father who forced her to be a bitch, and therefore she can be sincere in her interest and desire to catch-up the lost time.

But anyway you missed something. It's, "she's Dizzy by NAME but not by nature" ; you're looking at the girls according to their behavior, it's not at all what is asked. I really doubt that "NAME" was wrote in all uppercase without reason ; while the "not by nature" is clearly here to say, "hey, I don't talk about Lily".
So, what girls have a dizzy name ? Angel, Bella, those are names that imply so much greatness, right ?

This said... What about Theresa who, thanks to her son, know the girls who own the coffee shop where the e-mail have been sent ? So far, it's, with Jolina herself, the only person that we can link to the e-mail. And it's also one of the few possibilities for the third person on the will.

Decision still have consequences, I can assure you. It's clearly visible in the code, it's implied by acewinz, and I implied it myself in the message you quoted. The fact that you can have a harem ending do not mean that you can only have this ending, not that it will be an "all girls in" harem ; it's clearly not what will happen.

As for the ending not making sense, have you seen any inconstancy in the story ? There isn't, yet there's already some scenes that depend on two, and sometimes three, previously made choices. The variations are more than correctly handled, and your choices really change how a scene is played. I don't see why it should be different for the endings ; you'll have something effectively unique and coherent.

There is, but they are alas too obvious.
But in the dialog it's something else, still as clearly confusing, or confusingly clear, I'm not sure :)

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
It's unlikely but she could be the 3rd in the will, more money if MC stays.
Nah, Monica isn't in the Will. I'll bet money on it. To me there is only one person whom a clue was given that may be in the will as well and that's Theresa. This doesn't mean however there isn't Drama a foot from the others coming regardless.
Monica could be hiding that she is truly the one who destroyed your parents relationship.
Bella's infatuation is already on some creepy stalker vibe if you pay close attention and could start some issues later on with you like blackmailing you.
I mean the way I see Cleos prophecies is that every single one of them has a double meaning which is why they are never clear.
Meaning there very well could be two Vipers and two gold diggers, each with plans within plans but for different reasons.
I'm keeping my eyes opened.

Reactions: freedom.call

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

So, separate yet equal groups? I'll take it. (y)

One of Cheeky's primary goals with this project was to keep it semi-realistic with the relationships and characters. He did especially at the start have minimal fallout if you play the field and lie/cheat (so long as you are good with choices) with the intent that you can't have it all in the end. Primarily so people could see the maximum content on a single playthrough while still being realistic. Now that we have the quickstart that could change, but I imagine we will try and stick to the precedent. But people will have to make some choices in the end. They may have more options than they think, but fewer than they'd like. :)
As long as one of those options is a relationship with Jenna, a relationship with Monica & Zarah, and a relationship with Katie, Debbie, and Lily, then I'll be happy. :giggle: Don't mind losing the rest.

Did Debbie ever had a dick inside her or MC's dick was the first one to enter her?
Considering she was 100% hot for Lily before he arrived, so yeah, I'd say he was.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Nah, Monica isn't in the Will. I'll bet money on it. To me there is only one person whom a clue was given that may be in the will as well and that's Theresa. This doesn't mean however there isn't Drama a foot from the others coming regardless.
Monica could be hiding that she is truly the one who destroyed your parents relationship.
Bella's infatuation is already on some creepy stalker vibe if you pay close attention and could start some issues later on with you like blackmailing you.
I mean the way I see Cleos prophecies is that every single one of them has a double meaning which is why they are never clear.
Meaning there very well could be two Vipers and two gold diggers, each with plans within plans but for different reasons.
I'm keeping my eyes opened.
My word there's a lot going on in your game, meanwhile our MC waffles through the days unburdened by conscious thought.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
It's unlikely but she could be the 3rd in the will, more money if MC stays.
You are looking at it through rose colored glasses. At what point does it seem like the dad has anyone's best interest in mind. He is still trying to screw over everyone that meant anything to him. There is a hook for Elaine to keep the house, there is a hook for Elaine to get the money (which is separate), there is a hook for the MC to get the money. Up to this point all of those hooks have had those people destroying their happiness to achieve money (assuming that Elaine's terms are to sever all communication with the MC, as is likely from the way the dickhead works). Need to look at what could be most damaging to the potential characters, then i think we have a clue.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The fact that you can have a harem ending do not mean that you can only have this ending,:)
Having a harem at all is the problem.

For personal reasons it means I lied to people for months based on something I read which pisses me off. Did that once before, fucked if i'm doing it again.

For story reasons it literally goes against everything in the narrative except 1 person.

Jenna is the only one that would fit a harem and a solo harem is a bit silly. She is the only one that has specifically stated she likes to watch him with others and wouldn't be bothered.

2 girls have stated they will not share at all so making Lily or Bella as main LI makes any sort of sharing silly or those paths need retconning.

Katie has put the blocks on anything to do with Jenna and her mother, Monica also put the block on anything to do with her kids.

The idea of an old fashioned girl like Elaine sharing could possibly work small scale but anything bigger is just ridiculous.

The idea of any of them going above 4 people, and that only works for a specific 4 people and even that's a pish going by Katie's outbursts and nearly getting violent with her friends over it.

The numbers are one thing but the narrative doesn't back it.

Semi realistic was mentioned and as far as the narrative goes there is no way of making larger groups and keeping it semi realistic. There is no way Monica is okay with sharing when it involves her kids and keeping it semi realistic. It would need a lot of deus ex mechina style magical maggufin bollocks to make any of that work.

That was my problem many months ago before I was told no harem and why I stopped playing way back then. I started playing when the harem thing was cleared up and things made sense again.

Now i'm reading that things aren't going to make any sense again or there are going to be complete personality shifts in order for endings to "fit", I won't say make sense because they don't.

What you pointed out points to a lot of things happening I personally don't like the sound of at all and makes everything i've said for the past month or so a complete lie. I believed what I was told and and went by that and argued that case now evidence says I was a fucking idiot for listening

It wasn't implied, I was told no harem.

Some of the groups that have been pointed out just look ridiculous to me based on narrative and a direction i'm not liking.

Rather than me keep repeating what numbers say is a lie i'll apologise to those i've argued with, it seems I was very wrong

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes