Mod Ren'Py Onhold Where the Heart Is - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod [Ep. 23] [CheekyGimp]

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
Tried the compressed version with that fixed modded just above this one. And still get the same error when I start a new game, I will not try yet to ignore for a few. Please tell me where then does it start what is the first image up?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Where the Heart Is [Ep. 23] [Compressed] LaikDink's Walkthrough Improvement Mod\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Where the Heart Is [Ep. 23] [Compressed] LaikDink's Walkthrough Improvement Mod\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Where the Heart Is [Ep. 23] [Compressed] LaikDink's Walkthrough Improvement Mod\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Where The Heart Is Ep23
Tue Oct 4 09:05:21 2022
```
Got the same when i start a new game.
Tried this:
- Win10 /
- Normal version of the game (not compressed)/
- last fix of your mod /
- Game starts normal with Koga Mod (without your mod)/
- Only your mod installed = error /
- Your mod + Koga = same error /
- Deleted all files from the game folder (c://user.....) and installed new with only your mod = same error /
- Can ignore the error with the button "ignore", then i click till "persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:" is up to Episode 23, then some other i don´t remember but it works then. I can start then the game from the beginning. I didn´r played it now further, i am not sure if the error cause some conflict in the wt or not or if the error appears again and can´t play further.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Same error here. Tried the download on the OP, this one he recently linked as well. Using compressed version. Ignored all the errors and playing now, walkthrough seems to work so far. I'll edit if it appears to break.

LonKirkPole

Dec 18, 2019
I will wait until someone has played all the away from new game to end with this mod before I playing. I do not mind ignoring error messages but I do need to know that the whole game after that will.

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
So guys what fixes it... delete your save games from appdata/roaming/renpy, delete the folder where the heart is fully and start the game with mod installed, press the start any episode(for example 2) and then save the game and return to menu, new game works now!

LonKirkPole

Dec 18, 2019
So guys what fixes it... delete your save games from appdata/roaming/renpy, delete the folder where the heart is fully and start the game with mod installed, press the start any episode(for example 2) and then save the game and return to menu, new game works now!
Yes that works. Thank you so much, yourdesire8. I have not played it just got to have the choice the name part. But that is an improvement. I will see it through when I can. Thank you to LaikDink/CheekyGimp so much for the mod. I will report back.

Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
hm, tried the mod... it seems it changes a lot more than just showing the choices that will lead to lewd content.

Its changing or ignoring some crucial stats too. Like the "being suspicous" stat...

In my playthrough i went for nearly every girl (except zarah, Natasha and Theresa) The game suggest that there will be no consequences until some point... well, it turns out that it was indeed VERY early on that you have to act very cautious.. early on the "suspicious" stats are building up. If you flirt with Katie, Jenna or Monica in any way while one of the others is around, youre practically screwed... its obvious that there is a way to get kind of an throuple with Jenna and Katie... Jenna is already fine with sharing, and noticed that something with Katie was going on and is fine with that too. The otherway around not... Katie knows that something is going on with Jenna and Monica, if i hint it to her she is freaking out... if i deny it, she is freaking out too.

So i thought "well lets try a walkthrough mod to see how to solve this and where i went wrong" but the mod here just ignores stats i think... it pretty much just unlocks every scene sort of? Like... push the green button and you can see everything...

in my playthrough without mod its not possible anymore for me to be with katie AND Jenna, with the mod its no problem... so yeah... not really a walkthrough? More like a cheating mod?

Last edited:

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
hm, tried the mod... it seems it changes a lot more than just showing the choices that will lead to lewd content.

Its changing or ignoring some crucial stats too. Like the "being suspicous" stat...

In my playthrough i went for nearly every girl (except zarah, Natasha and Theresa) The game suggest that there will be no consequences until some point... well, it turns out that it was indeed VERY early on that you have to act very cautious.. early on the "suspicious" stats are building up. If you flirt with Katie, Jenna or Monica in any way while one of the others is around, youre practically screwed... its obvious that there is a way to get kind of an throuple with Jenna and Katie... Jenna is already fine with sharing, and noticed that something with Katie was going on and is fine with that too. The otherway around not... Katie knows that something is going on with Jenna and Monica, if i hint it to her she is freaking out... if i deny it, she is freaking out too.

So i thought "well lets try a walkthrough mod to see how to solve this and where i went wrong" but the mod here just ignores stats i think... it pretty much just unlocks every scene sort of? Like... push the green button and you can see everything...

in my playthrough without mod its not possible anymore for me to be with katie AND Jenna, with the mod its no problem... so yeah... not really a walkthrough? More like a cheating mod?
Honestly I have already mentioned that in somewhere. You can consider it as the cheat mod here

Reactions: Punto

Randeep44

Jan 16, 2019
Honestly I have already mentioned that in somewhere. You can consider it as the cheat mod here
Hey can you please add incest in this mod as well. i had played the game with incest but it only is updated to episode 21 maybe you can try it like draddy did with his incest mod?

niemandasked

Feb 13, 2021
If you get rollback issue, just start in any chapter and save. Then start new game. It worked for me.

Last edited:

Maverick7508

Jan 24, 2018
So question, does the mod allow for more of a harem than the base game? Because the base game is so limiting that I get the urge to just cut the family and take the money as a more logical route.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
if it really allow at least to be with Monica and her 2 daughters i'm really happy...dev should at least givre us this option...choose 1 from them it's for me very difrficult..i've been with the 3 of tyhem from beginning and have finally Monica ok with our reelatiojnship ater all the time spent to reassure her,,,,,, and don't be able to be with her if i want to be with jenna or katie is cruel