Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
We don't actually know Elaine's conditions: even if we assume she was telling the truth, we know there is more to it than just cutting off ties with the MC.

Also, it's possible Elaine and the 'other' don't know the MC's conditions, either. They might not realize getting him away from Monica (et al) helps him inherit. They might just be focused on keeping the MC close to them in order to help with their own conditions or to get more info about his.

As for Lily, she wants the MC to herself but I doubt she'd want to be cut off from Katie for the next decade. So I'm not sure moving to the beach house is a high priority there.
Nothing in the conditions says Lily can't stay in touch with and/or see Katie. Just you can't. If you got with Lily, she can do whatever the hell she feels like.

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
We don't actually know Elaine's conditions: even if we assume she was telling the truth, we know there is more to it than just cutting off ties with the MC.

Also, it's possible Elaine and the 'other' don't know the MC's conditions, either. They might not realize getting him away from Monica (et al) helps him inherit. They might just be focused on keeping the MC close to them in order to help with their own conditions or to get more info about his.

As for Lily, she wants the MC to herself but I doubt she'd want to be cut off from Katie for the next decade. So I'm not sure moving to the beach house is a high priority there.
If I remember right you have the option to tell her and she still says come live here or the beach house.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nothing in the conditions says Lily can't stay in touch with and/or see Katie. Just you can't. If you got with Lily, she can do whatever the hell she feels like.
In theory, true. In practice it would be difficult for Lily to spend a lot of time with two people who cannot communicate with with each other. The audio from the MC's father says the condition is not seeing the girls again, but the lawyer specifies the agreement also covers phone/email contact as well as frequent surveillance. It's likely passing messages through an intermediary is also forbidden, so a person in regular contact with both parties is a potential red flag.

It also depends on just how zealous whoever Donald hired to enforce the terms is. If they get a big payout for proving an heir violated the conditions, they could make even the hint of contact with Katie a big headache regardless of whether the MC is technically within the rules.

Reactions: cakeny

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Just passing Katie in street is enough to violate your conditions. So being with Lily would be problematic.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just passing Katie in street is enough to violate your conditions. So being with Lily would be problematic.
No it wouldn't because even with the best will in the world, the conditions can't include accidental contact, otherwise there would be a clause to live a min distance away.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No it wouldn't because even with the best will in the world, the conditions can't include accidental contact, otherwise there would be a clause to live a min distance away.
Yeah, I think it was supposed to be intentional contact that was prohibited. But maybe the final will reading will be more explicit about the restrictions. What if it is expanded and includes any known associates of Monica and the girls? Daddy dearest must have known Zarah.

I really hope there's an ending where you can sell the beach house, private beach, and car to erase the father from the MC's life and then buy a place with Katie (and Debbie and Lily if possible). I know that I wouldn't want to live in the place where Dad (asshole) and Elaine (bitch) spent so much time partying and fucking...

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Yeah, I think it was supposed to be intentional contact that was prohibited. But maybe the final will reading will be more explicit about the restrictions. What if it is expanded and includes any known associates of Monica and the girls? Daddy dearest must have known Zarah.

I really hope there's an ending where you can sell the beach house, private beach, and car to erase the father from the MC's life and then buy a place with Katie (and Debbie and Lily if possible). I know that I wouldn't want to live in the place where Dad (asshole) and Elaine (bitch) spent so much time partying and fucking...

How and where do you draw the line for accidental associates? Meeting someone for the first time after 2 years of will reading, only then learning that that person was in the same school as Jenna/Katie and losing all of your money?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
How and where do you draw the line for accidental associates? Meeting someone for the first time after 2 years of will reading, only then learning that that person was in the same school as Jenna/Katie and losing all of your money?
Known associates as in known by the MC. So the will could cut the MC off from Debbie, Lily, Zarah, Wanda, etc... I didn’t mean anyone who has known Monica, Jenna, or Katie in their entire lives.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
This wait kills me...
The days before a release kills us too. Especially when real life gets in the way. The bad news is CG had a business associate cause a snafu and he has to fly out to fix this weekend for his real job. The good news is we didn't want to make our patreons wait and are pushing the beta out anyway. I've been testing while he was in transit and it looks good enough, so he already has it setup to release the links whenever he checks in next and sees I didn't find anything gamebreaking. For those patreons of ours here and if it happens to filter here anyway (which I expect). This is a beta (i know we usually have smooth beta's but this is a bit rougher than we usually like). So keep a backup of your EP18 save and be prepared to replay, quickstart, or wait when the full is released.

**update ah, looks like he already released the link for 10$tier
. :)

Last edited:

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
The days before a release kills us too. Especially when real life gets in the way. The bad news is CG had a business associate cause a snafu and he has to fly out to fix this weekend for his real job.
This is why I choose not to work in a high power job.

Lots of responsibility and none of the rewards mean anything to me. The higher up I went the more i found myself fixing other peoples screw ups and taking the blame for them.

Luckily I got to the point where I would maintain my lifestyle without working too hard, well that's not true I work hard I just get to leave work behind as soon as i clock off.

Looking forward to the next instalment, one of my patreon pledges finishes soon (Freeloading Family) so i'll hopefully be able to contribute some of my illgotten gains your way before you finish.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
This is why I choose not to work in a high power job.

Lots of responsibility and none of the rewards mean anything to me. The higher up I went the more i found myself fixing other peoples screw ups and taking the blame for them.

Luckily I got to the point where I would maintain my lifestyle without working too hard, well that's not true I work hard I just get to leave work behind as soon as i clock off.

Looking forward to the next instalment, one of my patreon pledges finishes soon (Freeloading Family) so i'll hopefully be able to contribute some of my illgotten gains your way before you finish.
I hear ya. I used to work in the banking industry, including the federal reserve at one point here in the US. Never saw so many numbers that meant so much but really meant so little to me. I was thankful that when our little one came along I had the luxury to stay home to look after him and do this on the side. Far more rewarding. :)

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes