VN Ren'Py Whispers of Despair [v0.1] [Dark Destined Games]

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
Those who can peel off the daze of reality from this
and go into a fantasy mind set, they can have a better experience ...
I mean to be fair I at least tried to provide some positive suggestions on how to adjust the face before the inevitable response I knew people would have towards it. That said I'm unsure if referencing Twilight is intended to help your point or not. :ROFLMAO:
(Don't get me wrong I liked the books well enough... but its still Twilight.)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Twilight had Edward be so out of everything Bella was into and this MC here is also absent and somewhat menacing with his otherworldly symetrical proportions, like he is trying to comprehend and relate to the girls, but his skills are lacking big time.

The attraction for the beast is explained when you compare the options Bella had in the classical tale of Bella and the beast:
She could have anyone - Gaston, the Narcissistic impersonator, The village idiot or the beast.

Bella chose the beast - with his ”je ne saIS QUAIS” - and the rest is a tale as old as time.
still Twilight
The premise of this game is the whole couple of first pages in this game thread:
” a boy in his 20s struggling with unfair life challenges for someone in his age ”
1727379637707.png
Everyonbe waling on his appearence - something any young adult just escaped puberty and players want him to be Henry Cavil or Bad pit levels of fit and fancy carismatic 60 YO.
1727379829995.png

Last edited:
Reactions: D.D.G

D.D.G

Sep 16, 2024
However, the one image of the guy is too symmetrical, which gives it an uncanny feeling.
Maybe that is intentional....

A lot of the comments is about that. Which it's surprising to me. I thought other things in the game would be Controversial.

But... I accept that.

I ran out of time to design and make some things the right way (like banner or including sexual content) . But I'll try to learn from this and make it up in the next update. the next update I'll try my best to include satisfying sexual content.

Thanks to everyone for their Constructive criticism. It will help me and my work to improve .

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of the comments is about that. Which it's surprising to me. I thought other things in the game would be Controversial.

But... I accept that.
Welcome to The F95zone. :oops:... ;)

What happens here with new games is that one member (sheeple one) makes a comment, and the other (sheeple) latches on to that because they have no independent thoughts of their own. Haha, JK
I was trying to clear up their easily confused minds with my comment. ;) I never learn... :p

You need thick skin, and being diplomatic is a big plus here. They're easily upset...
I wish you much success.

Reactions: Sir Anal and D.D.G

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
carrot_top_new_hairstyle.jpg
Wow, from Vegas 2011 entertainment to Adult VNs, I don't know which was/is scarier. :D

Dev, good luck with the game.

After playing this first release - It's good that the MC looks "creepy", I could feel the unease brewing for the next release, (the café ally scene, made me want to see more of the game), this MC just might not, be so much of a "boxed-up" emotional type character going forward. I.e. Let the wolf come out to hunt!:devilish:

Last edited:

phdusa1

Aug 18, 2018
Unofficial Android port for Whispers of Despair [v0.1] [Dark Destined Games]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download android port
(300 MB)

For more links join my discord:

If you want you can support me here:

*This unofficial port/mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
While the MC may be kind of hard to look at my biggest issue is he doesn't really look like "a boy in his 20s" to me, whatever that means. He looks, I don't know, younger and older at the same time? Also, D.D.G, what do you mean you ran out of time? Isn't this an initial release of your creation? I don't want to assume anything but to me that sounds more like impatience than a time constraint. I can see wanting to get something out there but no one benefits from rushing things.

D.D.G

Sep 16, 2024
While the MC may be kind of hard to look at my biggest issue is he doesn't really look like "a boy in his 20s" to me, whatever that means. He looks, I don't know, younger and older at the same time? Also, D.D.G, what do you mean you ran out of time? Isn't this an initial release of your creation? I don't want to assume anything but to me that sounds more like impatience than a time constraint. I can see wanting to get something out there but no one benefits from rushing things.
Yes exactly. You are right. It wasn't about time constraint, I was impatient . I was really excited to release the v0.1 and get some feedback. The only thing I wanted to include and couldn't, was nudity and sex. As I sad before, I'll include those in the next update. But about the banner, I didn't thought about it tbh.
About the MC... Well... I did not expect these reactions . I believe he's just a normal looking guy. But the way I set the camera angle makes you feel that way about him. so he deserves a chance I guess...or maybe not.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished playing, and I think it needs work in the spelling, grammar, and punctuation departments.
The story could be good; I just can't say much about it now.
The pauses and hesitations in dialogue are annoying. I know they're for dramatic effect, but they're annoying. It would be cool if there were something in the Renpy code to fix that.