Why do mothers in almost all games love to do yoga?

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
As the above replies say, it's poses and keeping in shape and fits the character, I think it's also easier to write risky/sexy scenes. Yoga introduces a way to have intimate touching and a valid reason to stare at moms in risky positions without making the scene creepy. Also it's really hard to explain why your penis is pressed against a moms ass when she is jogging around the block or riding a bicycle down hill :ROFLMAO:

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
many yoga poses have identifiable sexual equivalents; many milfs in the age range 40-50 as appear in games, do yoga for suppleness and relaxation; but from a practical viewpoint I suspect its just easier to render than anything else

Reactions: Ying Ko

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Yoga is preferred by mothers because yoga is a sport that flexes the body physically. Women care about their physique and also widely focus on their appearance. Women always try their best to look good. :WeSmart:They want to be in the most tip top shape too.

May 29, 2017
I feel that the proportion of other sports is much less than that of yoga, for example, dancing.
In addition to the reasons stated earlier in this thread, there are yoga pose packs available for Daz that are easy to turn sexual with small changes, since the poses are already quite sensual.

Not exactly relevant, but I really dislike the yoga/stretching/spotting scenes where the MC helps someone in a way that would never be done is someone was actually training. Yeah, it's an excuse for MC to fondle someone, but it's just so lazy and breaks my suspension of disbelief. There are so many of those scenes around, that nowadays I cringe whenever that kind of scene starts. Not to say it can't be done well, but then the writer would have to know something about the exercise in question.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Not exactly relevant, but I really dislike the yoga/stretching/spotting scenes where the MC helps someone in a way that would never be done is someone was actually training. Yeah, it's an excuse for MC to fondle someone, but it's just so lazy and breaks my suspension of disbelief. There are so many of those scenes around, that nowadays I cringe whenever that kind of scene starts. Not to say it can't be done well, but then the writer would have to know something about the exercise in question.
I don't think the point in those scenes is to exercise but to spend quality time together, same as cooking together scenes, the mom knows how to cook and doesn't need any help but it's more fun and a way to spend time together to let the son help.

Reactions: woody554
May 29, 2017
I don't think the point in those scenes is to exercise but to spend quality time together, same as cooking together scenes, the mom knows how to cook and doesn't need any help but it's more fun and a way to spend time together to let the son help.
And if the scenes are written that way, they can be good. But the very common and disappointing version is where the innocent athlete asks for help, and it's written as if the MC is actually helping. If the text acknowledges and uses the fact that what the characters are doing isn't actually useful (for exercise), it can be really good, but that requires more thinking than "that's an excuse for him to press his dick against her".

Reactions: aura95

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Because tropes are the Easy Button for lazy hacks.

See Also: The ubiquity of Truth or Dare and Spin the Bottle.

Why bother working to make actual characters when you can just have them play a game to get naked? Not to say that everyone who tosses in a yoga scene is a hack, but few rise above the trope to do anything interesting with it. Few use such an encounter creatively or as a chance to character build. Most just use it as an excuse to ogle and nothing else.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jaike

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Because tropes are the Easy Button for lazy hacks.

See Also: The ubiquity of Truth or Dare and Spin the Bottle.

Why bother working to make actual characters when you can just have them play a game to get naked? Not to say that everyone who tosses in a yoga scene is a hack, but few rise above the trope to do anything interesting with it. Few use such an encounter creatively or as a chance to character build. Most just use it as an excuse to ogle and nothing else.
that's pretty unfair, adding relatable events like yoga, truth or dare or spin the bottle does two main things, one it adds something almost all players know the purpose of and the rules to and two, it makes sense to the players why the characters are playing it / doing it.

Adding a scene where a character walks into a room and says "we're playing spoon, paperclip, toffee" the six characters are seen jumping up, turning around and holding fingers in the air and then two get naked. Well clearly you can see why and how?

So dev's have a choice, make up something new, use scenes to introduce it and explain it and get complaints about wasting time when there could be boobies or they create something new and don't introduce it or explain it and get complaints that their story doesn't make sense or they use things almost everyone knows and understands and they get complaints that it not done the way some people like. With those choices it's best to go with what players can relate to because if you can't win at least try make the most amount of people happy.

Gwent is fun but magic the gathering still has more players.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
This is like asking why everyone goes to public bathouses in Japanese games...

What answer do you need other than devs often explore their kinks or things that are popular in their culture?

It is funny how some people seem to think these choices ever are accidental, have you ever wondered that maybe it isn't just lack of ideas but precisely because people LIKE yoga? Even Yoga outfit is a kink in itself, changing it to another random exercise for no reason other than variety sounds dumb unless the one making this change also has a kink for that.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
that's pretty unfair, adding relatable events like yoga, truth or dare or spin the bottle does two main things, one it adds something almost all players know the purpose of and the rules to and two, it makes sense to the players why the characters are playing it / doing it.

Adding a scene where a character walks into a room and says "we're playing spoon, paperclip, toffee" the six characters are seen jumping up, turning around and holding fingers in the air and then two get naked. Well clearly you can see why and how?

So dev's have a choice, make up something new, use scenes to introduce it and explain it and get complaints about wasting time when there could be boobies or they create something new and don't introduce it or explain it and get complaints that their story doesn't make sense or they use things almost everyone knows and understands and they get complaints that it not done the way some people like. With those choices it's best to go with what players can relate to because if you can't win at least try make the most amount of people happy.

Gwent is fun but magic the gathering still has more players.

You're making my point here. That being, that they are cheap and easy shortcuts to getting people naked. If you need some titillation and you can't figure out a more creative, original, or organic way to bring that about in your story? No worries! Just have them do yoga, play truth & dare, or spin the bottle. Problem solved!

Again, not everyone who does so is a hack; but it is a supremely common trope because so many hacks can and will do this.

Reactions: aura95 and Jaike

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
You're making my point here. That being, that they are cheap and easy shortcuts to getting people naked.
Not sure how I'm making your point. They are not cheap and easy shortcuts, they are what people know and understand.

If you need some titillation and you can't figure out a more creative, original, or organic way to bring that about in your story? No worries! Just have them do yoga, play truth & dare, or spin the bottle. Problem solved!
What are some of the creative, original or more organic ways you think they should be using?

Again, not everyone who does so is a hack; but it is a supremely common trope because so many hacks can and will do this.
What makes those dev's you do consider hacks , hacks? Could you not just say they make games you do not enjoy?

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Not sure how I'm making your point. They are not cheap and easy shortcuts, they are what people know and understand.
That's precisely what makes them cheap and easy. You don't need any character development, just have whoever you want to see the tits of play a game instead. It requires little to no setup, and zero character growth or development. It's an Easy Button for lewd content. Now a good writer can use these scenarios as a vector for character development, but most simply do not, and use them merely as an excuse for some low-effort titillation.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 012938.png

What are some of the creative, original or more organic ways you think they should be using?
Literally anything else that takes some effort and isn't just an overused trope. I mean, c'mon. The truth or dare thing in particular is so played out that one game (Shy Girl by ShyGirlArt) got caught literally plagiarizing the entirety of the dialogue for their obligatory truth or dare scene from another game (Our Red String by Eva Kiss).

Want to make it different? I dunno, maybe use a different game to mix things up? That's what they did in Pale Carnations, and it worked wonderfully. Plus, because that game has some of the best dialogue and character development here on F95Zone, the whole scene felt earned in a way it largely does not in 95% of other games.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 011804.png

What makes those dev's you do consider hacks , hacks? Could you not just say they make games you do not enjoy?
Oh, I do say it, and I get a ton of shit for it. People here love to defend their favorite garbage.

The go-to signifier of a hack developer is low-effort. So, poorly farmed out AI art, incomprehensible machine translated dialogue, being awash in simple grammatical errors, a game that is nothing but played out tropes, or a trend-chasing copy cat (e.g. the umpteenth isekai harem or Naruto parody). Tryhard edgelords also go right into this category, as do games that float entirely on their specific kink with little effort put into anything else.

So for example, I would consider ShyGirlArt a hack. They not only plagiarized the work of EvaKiss, but there is also evidence that they've copy-pasted whole scenes worth of dialogue from free erotica sites across the web. They're a confirmed repeated plagiarist. That makes them a hack.

Also, the next person who tries to draw a false equivalence between plagiarism and 'pirating' a game offered to the public for free on both Patreon and Itch.io (F95Zone is literally just a platform for free advertisement and feedback for their game) is getting beat to death with a wiffle bat. Cause it'll take longer.

Last edited: