Why Step-mom or Landlady and not just mom ?

AquaGay

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks a lot for all of your answers ! I understand now.

But i have an other simple question, imagine if in the story the MC watch his mom having sex with an other man. Is it considered incest in the eyes of patreon ?

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
But i have an other simple question, imagine if in the story the MC watch his mom having sex with an other man. Is it considered incest in the eyes of patreon ?
If he sees it by accident and there is no sexual intent behind it, then... maybe (especially if the MC reacts disgusted).

However, as a general rule with Patreon: If you have to ask, it's most likely forbidden.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
I see, i think i'm just going to use Step-mom and step-sister then just to make sure. Thanks
Fist of all, wait for more opinions, not just mine. ;)

Secondly, I believe stepcest is also not very Patreon-friendly.

You can also always try the incest-patch route.

AquaGay

Aug 9, 2018
Fist of all, wait for more opinions, not just mine. ;)

Secondly, I believe stepcest is also not very Patreon-friendly.

You can also always try the incest-patch route.
In the story im making, two orphans (a boy and a girl) were raised together by a man. I assume i have to call the girl "step-sister" ?
And they both goes to live with a woman that they dont have any relation to. There is no incest, nor step-cest if the boy or the girl do something with the woman, is it ? And how am i supposed to call this woman, Landlady then ?

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
In the story im making, two orphans (a boy and a girl) were raised together by a man. I assume i have to call the girl "step-sister" ?
So the two are not supposed to be real siblings? And the man they grew up with is also not related to them? :unsure:
Then there is no need for them to use (step-)brother/(step-)sister.
Of course, if the man raised them as his own children and perhaps made them see themselves as siblings, they would say brother/sister and to him father.
However, they would only be step-siblings if it happened through marriage.
And they both goes to live with a woman that they dont have any relation to. There is no incest, nor step-cest if the boy or the girl do something with the woman, is it ?
No, there wouldn't be anything of that sort, but I have no idea what Patreon's stance is on adoptive relationships. :(
And how am i supposed to call this woman, Landlady then ?
Foster mother, adoptive mother or guardian.

AquaGay

Aug 9, 2018
So the two are not supposed to be real siblings? And the man they grew up with is also not related to them? :unsure:
Then there is no need for them to use (step-)brother/(step-)sister.
Of course, if the man raised them as his own children and perhaps made them see themselves as siblings, they would say brother/sister and to him father.
However, they would only be step-siblings if it happened through marriage.

No, there wouldn't be anything of that sort, but I have no idea what Patreon's stance is on adoptive relationships. :(
Foster mother, adoptive mother or guardian.
This is very confusing lol but i see thanks !
What ever i dont even plan to make profit off it and even if i do i'll never go to patreon, so i guess i'll just see what happens.

Thanks for your time

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I see, i think i'm just going to use Step-mom and step-sister then just to make sure. Thanks
stepcest is also explicitly forbidden on patreon. also growing up living together always counts as stepcest.

the first thing you need to understand is patreon's decisions have NO connection to what is or isn't the definition of incest in real world.

so your idea of a girl and boy growing up together is exactly the type of story which can't be hidden by simple name substitution. regardless of what you call them they'll always count as stepcest for patreon.

what you could do is write the non-incest prologue in a way that shows them only living together a short while. like a summercamp or something. you can cram a crazy amount of events into 1-2 weeks if you want to. then for the incest patch write the same things happening over years.

or you could just write two completely different prologues, one with growing up together and the other with them meeting as adults, then end those two stories in the same place and continue with name substitution from there on.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Patreon will kick you of their platform without mercy when they see you implement something in your game that's against their TOS. Well, they won't immediately kick you, but they will disable your page until you have fixed your game to conform to their TOS again. And as a developer, the chance is quite high that you may lose some of your subscribers when something like this happens. This is why a lot of games either make you romance your stepmother/landlady, or let you name your relationship with them.

Subscribestar is a lot less known than Patreon, and a developer has a lot more freedom in what he can put in his game on that platform.

Reactions: DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
So i'm making my first ever games in Twine right now and while writing the plot i was asking myself, why in most games the "mom" of the MC becomes a Step-mom or a Landlady.
Because it's incest you motherfucker.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The best option is always to just write it as a incest-game and then set a flag that just very simply renames all relations. And with a Incest-Patch, that Flag is removed and its normal again.

I really can't stand these Incest-Patches that totally don't work and its like "Hey Brother!" "How is Brother doing?" "Hey Mother, where is Brother?"

Minh278

Dec 8, 2018
1)It avoids the incest.
2)It is close enough that it attracts the people into the mom stuff.
3)More varied scenarios that dont seem completely canned

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Not really. I don't want to get into details because it'll be hard for me to do it in English, but you can make the "Input your relationship" work as a simple True/False where changing the relationship into a specific word like "Mom" sets it to True and that would overwrite a lot of words, giving you as many words (Mom, mom, Mother, mother, Mommy, mommy, My mom, my mom, My mother, my mother, etc) as you need.
Yes but then you run into the issue that the incest is coded into your game, and the player is just choosing to unlock it. I feel like patreon could have a problem with that.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
Yes but then you run into the issue that the incest is coded into your game, and the player is just choosing to unlock it. I feel like patreon could have a problem with that.
And aside from that, it would be too cumbersome to do something like this

Scarecrow-76

Oct 4, 2021
I've seen some games make the player type in what they want that character to be known as. In the game, its pretty obvious of what role that character is playing, but it never states it, making the gamer to make that decision. Dont know if this is an exceptable work around for Patreon.

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
I've seen some games make the player type in what they want that character to be known as. In the game, its pretty obvious of what role that character is playing, but it never states it, making the gamer to make that decision. Dont know if this is an exceptable work around for Patreon.
The problem with this is that to write correctly an Incest story it is not enough to type one word for the relationships. For example in a Father-Daughter Incest game even if you type Father and Daughter you still want to use sometimes other terms like Dad or Daddy, or maybe text in wich two of the daughters talk about "our father", or one of the characters talking to a 3rd person and so we have things like "my daughter" "your daughter", "my father" or "your father" that can't be ok changing father for the MC name in non-Incest version.

I think the best way is the one used by games like Man of the House. That has a relationship file with all those terms defined but it is defined with the Patreon-friendly version. Officially the author will tell you that he doesn't support changing that file, but anyone could edit that file and write the appropriate relationship for every possible occasion. Or just download an already modified file that some anonymous use who definitively is not the original author has published on this site. Essentially what they do is to have variables for all the relationships terms, including any needed variant with only the Patreon-friendly version officially being published.

Reactions: Scarecrow-76

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
The problem with this is that to write correctly an Incest story it is not enough to type one word for the relationships. For example in a Father-Daughter Incest game even if you type Father and Daughter you still want to use sometimes other terms like Dad or Daddy, or maybe text in wich two of the daughters talk about "our father", or one of the characters talking to a 3rd person and so we have things like "my daughter" "your daughter", "my father" or "your father" that can't be ok changing father for the MC name in non-Incest version.
This requires a little more work than typing just a word but you can trigger something to change all those words if you ask the player to introduce the right word, instead of using said word to replace a specific word.

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
Why not just write the story with "if incest/else" code then once you are ready to release, remove all the "if incest" code, build it and release it on Patreon as the clean, vanilla front-facing app. It should only take ~10 minutes to do this. Then you can build just the full script with incest and release it on lewdpatcher. Once the full script is downloaded, you can simply ask the player if he wants to play the vanilla version or the incest version of the game without having to ask them to give relationships to everyone. This way you have no traces of incest in your code and you circumvent the problem of having to refer to family members with limited word variation.

You can even upload the full incest version on F95 and call it "unofficial incest patch pre-applied" if you create a fake persona who can take credit for creating the "unofficial" incest patch, maybe by creating a banner in the incest game saying "unofficial incest mod by x", having a staff member take ownership of the thread, and you the dev, refuse to endorse said incest mod.

On another note, can a protagonist fuck two sisters at the same time without it being considered incest by Patreon? What if they were making out and eating one another's pussy?

Reactions: Scarecrow-76