3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Some feedback for 0.8.5.1:

This game pushes a lot of the right buttons for me, but I've waited for 5-6 builds before trying the game again as it seemed to be a mess, but 0.8.5.1 actually seems fairly stable and I haven't found any show-stopper bugs. Performance seems fine on my maybe slightly upper mid-range machine, which is nice.

Still plenty of the old bugs are there, like grit increases randomly not registering and the grit bar reseting to 1 when you reload the game, the one where your put an armor on for the first time its textures are messed up until you restart the game, and the one that messes up the timer on any buff if you gain multiple copies of it.

Then there's some new bugs. Like save and other menu actions sometimes taking multiple tries to work, the dildo not really doing anything than showing you a bugged animation and one of the newer hairstyles, the one with a braided side(and either a small bun or a ponytai, can't remember exactly), having some sort of a collision bug that makes your breasts stretch and point around. :alien:

I won't even go into the jankiness of the dungeons, as that's crearly unfinished content so I'll treat it as such.

All things considered, it's a visible improvement in general stability and makes the game playable again.

I still have the same complaint I've always had, which is the lack of a message log window. You often miss tutorial and status messages because they disappear so fast from the screen.

And finally, this is a matter of taste, and I'm certainly not one for prudishness, but the pregnancy status messages seem a bit too blunt, given that the game is clearly based on classic fantasy like Howard's Conan. It'd fit the game's atmosphere and contrast nicely with you just having been fucked silly by a demon if the messages waxed poetic about "nethers" & "deepest parts" instead of cunts, etc.
Actually, come to think of it, maybe start with that, and then get progressively more vulgar as your deviancy stat increases.

Last edited:

hakha

Apr 16, 2018
Are you playing on the current version of the game? (0.8.5.1) If you are trying to load your saves from a previous version ... Good luck with that.
You will be better off just deleting the Wickedisland folder in your appdata\local folder and starting over from scratch.

With this version, the game played just fine for me. I didn't have 1 crash while I was playing, I wasn't getting flooded with items when I clicked the take all button on a container, I actually popped out a baby or two with no problems either, my crafted gear and items stayed around if I entered a dungeon, I even had a couple tamed followers hanging out and waiting for me outside of a dungeon after I entered and exited that dungeon.
The only thing I did on this version was the same as with most other versions, which is to go nuke that save/settings folder in appdata.

I have run into 2 bugs so far, 1 is that trying to enter Isabel's tower just dumps me back out to the main game world and the other was in a small 1 room dungeon I entered (near a ruined castle on the east side of the map and there is a workbench in the room), trying to leave that dungeon kept dumping me back inside that same dungeon.

dont get me wrong the game is superb i like these tipes of game but point 1 , this was mz first time downloading and plaing the curent wersion , point 2 . i just found out that when i unpack the game there are two exe,s for the game one is in windows folder the other is in windows / wicked island /binaries / win64 , so im geting slightli confused about this whole thing , but when i plaz the first exe evrything goes to shit literally , so a smal tip or healp would be nice i thik im doing something wrong , i even tried a new dovnload from the spoiler section , i reali think im doing something wrong

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Looks like there's some stuff new to me in this version. Could someone fill me in on a couple of things?

- What do the vials of seed do and how do you use them?

- Do the slaves you release from the dungeons have any use? There's a dialogue choice "I need your womb." But it says I need to somehow find out how to do that.

- Also, I can't enter the tower for some reason. Did the dev ad a prequel quest or something else to unlock it, or is it just broken?

KiritoNyx

Apr 26, 2023
Looks like there's some stuff new to me in this version. Could someone fill me in on a couple of things?

- Do the slaves you release from the dungeons have any use? There's a dialogue choice "I need your womb." But it says I need to somehow find out how to do that.

- Also, I can't enter the tower for some reason. Did the dev ad a prequel quest or something else to unlock it, or is it just broken?
Have you ever met this bug?your mc's breasts just reset back to the default size once you got killed or finished your pregnancy?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
don't get me wrong the game is superb i like these types of game but point 1 , this was my first time downloading and playing the current version, point 2 . i just found out that when i unpack the game there are two exes for the game one is in windows folder the other is in windows / wicked island /binaries / win64 , so I'm getting slightly confused about this whole thing , but when i play the first exe everything goes to shit literally, so a small tip or help would be nice i think i'm doing something wrong , i even tried a new download from the spoiler section , i really think i'm doing something wrong
The only thing that comes to mind is that there is a prerequisite setup that the Unreal Engine needs.
Go to this location: WickedIsland\Windows\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us and there should be a file called UEPrereqSetup_x64, run that file and try launching the game again.
The WickedIsland.exe and the exe you found in that win64 folder should both launch the game, unless you are having some specific problem, you should not need to use that file in the win64 folder.

I am guessing that you are talking about the bottles of semen you can collect from monsters when you defeat them. To find those vials, you need to have empty bottles in your character's inventory and then defeat monsters in combat.
If you have a research table, you can use 10 of any one type of semen to craft a summon/follower. Instead of needing to get your character pregnant and have a baby, you can use the semen to make a follower.

As far as I know, there really isn't much you can do with the female slaves you can free.

You are not alone in that issue. I encountered the exact same thing when I tried entering the tower. If there is a trigger for it, I don't think it was listed in the patch notes. I think something 'bugged out' and made the tower inaccessible.

Mushroom_Qui

Jun 2, 2017
Wanted to try this game but fucking hell its a peace of broken shit. Start the game, talk to fishing guy, "make yourself some clothing" ok, get fiber and try crafting, nothing happens, cant make cloth, cant make clothes, everything stuck in crafting que and says 5 sec to make but ive waited 10 min. am i missing something? am i retarded?

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
I am guessing that you are talking about the bottles of semen you can collect from monsters when you defeat them.
I was. I was calling them that because I'm pretty sure that's what they're called ingame. Thanks for the info.

It's a shame the bottles get autofilled if they're in your inventory when you kill something, so it's pretty hard to collect semen for specific creatures if you're doing a dungeon for example. The UI's half done at best of course, so I guess managing them will be a thing in the future.

As far as I know, there really isn't much you can do with the female slaves you can free.

You are not alone in that issue. I encountered the exact same thing when I tried entering the tower. If there is a trigger for it, I don't think it was listed in the patch notes. I think something 'bugged out' and made the tower inaccessible.
Yeah, I seem to remember there being some bug in the earlier builds that blocked you from entering the tower but that one got fixed. I guess there's a new one then. I get a loading screen if I try to enter, but get respawned right back at the portal.

I was going to check if the mage had any way to breed the slaves, since that'd be the most logical place for it if it was implented. But I guess that needs to wait until the next build.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Have you ever met this bug?your mc's breasts just reset back to the default size once you got killed or finished your pregnancy?
I don't think I've ever noticed that one myself. It's been several builds since I last played, and my new character has pretty standard settings for the breasts, so I doubt I would notice.

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
Ok at this point the dev needs to just get this game optimized. I have everything on low turned of shadows and bloom and after 5 minutes it becomes a unplayable mess this game has potential but the dev needed to stop adding new thing and work on fixing it. My best guess on why it lags hard is because all the creatures are spawned in even if you can't see them.

Bumshak

Dec 17, 2020
Game brakes when You use cheat menu : ).
Anyway, in the castle dungeon i could enter but, could not get out..
I delete my temp folder of this game (%appdata%) and delte my save games to do a real fresh start to do a sort of work around for possible issues. But isabella portel is bugges so cheat menu as mentioned did it on my side)

Reactions: Pebbles
3.00 star(s) 46 Votes