VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
It roadblocked launching the game. Double click the exe, and the error with the pasted text appeared.
@mattius77
I was using the updated tracy rpy file while playing my game and I never had a problem starting the game. Have you updated the game version to WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d? If not, then the edited file might not have been the problem.

Edit: I just used the edited file with the updated game version and I didn't have a problem. If you were using WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d, then I am not sure what could have caused the error.

Last edited:

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
That explains it, didn't know it had been updated to D.
@mattius77
Here is the edited rpy file. It should work now. Also, note that with the update to the game version, old saves are incompatible.
It goes here: game\modules\00core\minor_characters\tracy

Removed old files.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Two exceptions in a row while punishing Bree in the Club: She should finish cleaning like this.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 203, in script call
    call day_loop from _call_day_loop
  File "game/script.rpy", line 214, in script call
    call core_loop from _call_core_loop
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call expression label from _call_expression
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 2301, in script
    $ breemaid.change_image('b_clerk_maid_1_5')
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 2301, in <module>
NameError: name 'breemaid' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 2301, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The Wife Trainer Files exElsa0.7d
Sun Jul 21 07:40:54 2019
[/CODE]

Code:
[code]

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 552, in script call
    call expression label from _call_expression_1
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 109, in script
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 109, in <module>

Full traceback:
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/bree/bree.rpy", line 109, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Sun Jul 21 07:40:58 2019
[/CODE]

PS: How do i put code in spoiler tags? When i tried, it messed up the breaks.

Reactions: VikingCrawler

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Two exceptions in a row while punishing Bree in the Club: She should finish cleaning like this.

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Sun Jul 21 07:40:54 2019
[/CODE]

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Sun Jul 21 07:40:58 2019
[/CODE]

PS: How do i put code in spoiler tags? When i tried, it messed up the breaks.
@ Klausus
This should fix both of your errors. Just place the bree.rpy file here : game\modules\00core\minor_characters\bree

Also, I think when you put code into the spoiler tag, it formats it to remove the spacing and breaks. I will tinker with it to see if I can get it to work.

Edit: I think I got the spoiler tag to work with the code I will provide a text file to show you what I did. It should work.
Re-Edit: Also make sure any text you want to be displayed is outside the spoiler tag.
Re-Re-Edit: You can find most of what you need here: https://f95zone.to/help/bb-codes/
Removed bree file

Last edited:
Reactions: Klausus

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
You get in contact with Digital Bonsai or any of the other members of the team VikingJohn? Saw you post on the Hypnopics forum the other day. Shouldn't need to be said but just in case, don't post your errors if you use Viking's fixes on the Hypnopics forum to the dev team if anyone here actually uses that site besides Viking obviously.

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
You get in contact with Digital Bonsai or any of the other members of the team VikingJohn? Saw you post on the Hypnopics forum the other day. Shouldn't need to be said but just in case, don't post your errors if you use Viking's fixes on the Hypnopics forum to the dev team if anyone here actually uses that site besides Viking obviously.
Yes, I have gotten in contact with them. I have also submitted the fixes via a merge request on their GitLab, and they have been merged. Do you think I should stop posting the rpy fixes here? I just thought it would be nice to provide small fixes here, so people can continue their games until a new game version update comes out. Also, I am not posting any of their work/fixes, just mine.

Edit: Also, it makes it easier to find any errors that might occur.

Last edited:

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Yes, I have gotten in contact with them. I have also submitted the fixes via a merge request on their GitLab, and they have been merged. Do you think I should stop posting the rpy fixes here? I just thought it would be nice to provide small fixes here, so people can continue their games until a new game version update comes out. Also, I am not posting any of their work/fixes, just mine.

Posting fixes here doesn't hurt anyone, but i may be useful to set up a mega folder or something similar, that contains all of your fixes in one place.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

The nuisance factor is the same as any forked code base. Someone complains about getting 'error X' at Hynotics, but they try it at it looks fine/couldn't possibly have worked enough to get that error. After some pointed questioning, the original user remembers grabbing a fix from somewhere else, but can't quite remember which one. Another user grabs the newest revision and then goes on to complain how errors that were previously fixed (in a small patch elsewhere they don't recall grabbing) have been reintroduced.

And then there is the time a dev puts in to fix an error -- only to discover it's been fixed in an entirely different way but not recorded in the tracker and the time was wasted.

Should you continue? Maybe. It depends several factors:
  • How quickly do the 'official' owners of the source release revisions? Every official revision has the chance of breaking any or all your fixes and a fast turnaround probably means aggregating your fixes with theirs is all-round best choice. A slow release cycle means releasing your fixes as stand-alone offers more value to the users.
  • How big a stick do the official devs have in their ass? Some people are more uptight than others. If the devs are particularly uptight then coordinating with them will reduce your and their aggravation levels.
  • How likely is it your choice of fix will ultimately conflict with the choice the dev team makes? If the fixes are primarily "the wrong variable name is used" or "The control structure was obvious, but broken because formatting rules were sloppily applied" then the fixes are unlikely to lead users astray.
  • Are you capable of getting your fixes reported to the dev team and preferentially entered into whatever bug-tracking / revision control system they are using? From the message I've quoted, it sounds like that's already occurring.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Still loads of problems with this game I see. Glad there are people with the time to Alpha Test it.

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
The nuisance factor is the same as any forked code base. Someone complains about getting 'error X' at Hynotics, but they try it at it looks fine/couldn't possibly have worked enough to get that error. After some pointed questioning, the original user remembers grabbing a fix from somewhere else, but can't quite remember which one. Another user grabs the newest revision and then goes on to complain how errors that were previously fixed (in a small patch elsewhere they don't recall grabbing) have been reintroduced.

And then there is the time a dev puts in to fix an error -- only to discover it's been fixed in an entirely different way but not recorded in the tracker and the time was wasted.

Should you continue? Maybe. It depends several factors:
  • How quickly do the 'official' owners of the source release revisions? Every official revision has the chance of breaking any or all your fixes and a fast turnaround probably means aggregating your fixes with theirs is all-round best choice. A slow release cycle means releasing your fixes as stand-alone offers more value to the users.
  • How big a stick do the official devs have in their ass? Some people are more uptight than others. If the devs are particularly uptight then coordinating with them will reduce your and their aggravation levels.
  • How likely is it your choice of fix will ultimately conflict with the choice the dev team makes? If the fixes are primarily "the wrong variable name is used" or "The control structure was obvious, but broken because formatting rules were sloppily applied" then the fixes are unlikely to lead users astray.
  • Are you capable of getting your fixes reported to the dev team and preferentially entered into whatever bug-tracking / revision control system they are using? From the message I've quoted, it sounds like that's already occurring.
@sillyrobot
I understand entirely what you are saying. I am not sure how fast their release cycles are, but I can ask. It seems like for a little while most of their releases will be bug fixes.

The best I can say is that I have access to their GitLab to help with bug fixing/ adding new code. I am also able to put in merge requests to allow the changes to be noted.

I also talk to them on Discord, which is the easiest and fastest way to try and reach them. So their development section gets updated as quickly as possible.

However, it would behoove me to try to figure out some way of adding all of the small fixes that I do to a singular place. So, I have them on hand.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Exception
When Sam leaves town, got kidnapped, whatever (after pimping her out three times), and you go to the coffee bar.

Code:
[code]

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/00core/locations/coffee_shop.rpy", line 100, in script
    $ samanatha.status = 'unavailable'
  File "game/modules/00core/locations/coffee_shop.rpy", line 100, in <module>
NameError: name 'samanatha' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/modules/00core/locations/coffee_shop.rpy", line 100, in script
  File "game/modules/00core/locations/coffee_shop.rpy", line 100, in <module>
NameError: name 'samanatha' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Sun Jul 21 23:34:48 2019
[/CODE]

4.40 star(s) 66 Votes