Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
The further into the game I get the more the pronouns get confused. At one point, talking to Jill after Bonnie hurts her ankle in gym, bonnie is referred as "a bad boy" instead of a girl.

Also, it keeps switching between calling your ex Mary & Maria (I do wonder if that is a sly Silent Hill 2 reference though lol)
Hahaha no, it does not refer to Mary. Yes, they are dialog and translation errors

Reactions: tigerdiamond

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
The compressed version (which seems to be v2.5 -- "WOTD-0.2.5-win_-_Comprimido")'s main game EXE is flagged as a trojan, with 62/72 on virus total agreeing.

I'm not sure if the full size game has the same, or what. But I'm not going to be trying it without an assurances.

Note this is the version that was ~410mb when compressed, so different from the one posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/winds-of-the-destiny-v0-3-0-golden-novels.50229/post-3565781 . That one (221mb compressed) is fine, and only has the 2/72 virustotal scan, and the two are weird fringe companies.

But yeah, to the mods/whoever, the one currently listed as "Others - COMPRESSED" on the front post sure as hell seems like a virus.
Thanks for the heads-up. In the future you should also use the report link on the bottom left corner of the OP for stuff like this; that will send a more direct message to the mods/staff.

Reactions: max_z_smith

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
Soooo, played latest version. Needs definitly a work over again. Many times the dialogues switches from she to he and from her to he. Also from her to him. Also found two errors during bath scene with Bonnie. One was mentioned before (just a few posts earlier). There are more Engrish typos, but listing them all would take to much time now.

For the "excuse" of not being a native speaker, there are better ways to translate than google. Maybe you find someone with enough time to teach and help you translating your game.

One point that I don't like, is the choice of music. There are tracks stolen from animes like SAO. Dev should look for free to use tracks instead of stealing tracks. Just my opinion.
I am not a native English speaker, I live in Argentina.
If I have to translate into English, the updates will take approximately 4 months.
A person living in Peru helps me translate the game, which is then corrected by someone who is a native speaker and creates a translation patch.
I am very grateful to both people, whether their translation is good or bad, whether they continue to do so or not. I have no words with them to thank for their disinterested help.
Now it's perfect, yes, it has translation errors.
Calling me a thief is where you're wrong.
Winds of the Destiny is not for sale, nobody pays me to do it. I do it if I want and when I want it is over. Quietly anyone can appropriate the project, to which I would only appeal to the people who follow me.
I invite you to search for information about copyright and legal use of third party material. Which has to do with what I said before, I'm not selling Winds of the Destiny.
So I ask you, before accusing someone of something, please read and inform yourself. Because you don't bother me, it directly makes me sad, it makes me sad to spend hours and hours choosing the perfect music. You do not like? Great. Call me a thief? no, i don't think so.
The only time I ever stole was coins from a statue of the Virgin Maria, when I was 5 years old.
Thanks for playing Winds of the Destiny.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
If I have to translate into English, the updates will take approximately 4 months.
A person living in Peru helps me translate the game, which is then corrected by someone who is a native speaker and creates a translation patch.
I am very grateful to both people, whether their translation is good or bad, whether they continue to do so or not. I have no words with them to thank for their disinterested help.
Winds of the Destiny is not for sale, nobody pays me to do it. I do it if I want and when I want it is over. Quietly anyone can appropriate the project, to which I would only appeal to the people who follow me.
I invite you to search for information about copyright and legal use of third party material. Which has to do with what I said before, I'm not selling Winds of the Destiny.
So I ask you, before accusing someone of something, please read and inform yourself. Because you don't bother me, it directly makes me sad, it makes me sad to spend hours and hours choosing the perfect music. You do not like? Great. Call me a thief? no, i don't think so.
The only time I ever stole was coins from a statue of the Virgin Maria, when I was 5 years old.
Laws vary, but mere re-distributing of copyrighted works can count as infringement. The fact that you aren't selling the game helps, but you are still vulnerable to litigation. Not that that matters much here(I certainly don't care). Just... for your own sake, don't touch anything the RIAA has their fingers in; they are bloodthirsty.

Videogame music is usually pretty safe though. has a good repository of tracks.

Last edited:

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
Winds of the Destiny [v0.3.0] [Golden Novels] - Original size 3.18GB
Compressed Android Port(289MB): - GOFILE -
Compressed Windows/Linux/Mac(281MB): - -

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script! Check it out!​

Last edited:

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
Laws vary, but mere re-distributing of copyrighted works can count as infringement. The fact that you aren't selling the game helps, but you are still vulnerable to litigation. Not that that matters much here(I certainly don't care). Just... for your own sake, don't touch anything the RIAA has their fingers in; they are bloodthirsty.

Videogame music is usually pretty safe though. has a good repository of tracks.
In the case of copyright, it is something that has global validity, let's say.
I have already read about that and the use of third party material.
At most, the closest thing that can happen to you regarding a problem is that the creator of such current copyrighted material asks you to remove such material from your work as he or she does not approve of it.
You can't have legal problems more than that.
At no time do I appropriate the third party material, nor do I give credits because it is not necessary. Level 3 patreons have access to the soundtrack and can even ask me for the name of the original song and if I remember I will tell them it, is not a problem.
It would be very strange, unless you are super successful and you have not done the correct steps or you have appropriated other people's material, you cannot have problems.
In fact, in addition to reading the rules, I have also seen that many other creators with excellent games have third party music and have not had any problems.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
loved the update, kept getting errors on bonnies route ( i didnt copy them sorry) storys getting better as well, keep up the good work
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it! <3
Yes, the errors in Bonnie's route are mostly due to changes in the old code.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
I've tried on two different occasions to offer my help to proofread and revise the English script on Golden Novels' discord but my help didn't seem to be wanted.

I'm working on a quick and dirty revision that shouldn't take me too long. About 25% through the TL of cap2.rpy now.

I think I've translated/corrected "Especialmente con el estudio" from "Espeically with the studio" to "Especially with my studies" at least 4 times now. Dialogue just seems to loop.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
I've tried on two different occasions to offer my help to proofread and revise the English script on Golden Novels' discord but my help didn't seem to be wanted.

I'm working on a quick and dirty revision that shouldn't take me too long. About 25% through the TL of cap2.rpy now.

I think I've translated/corrected "Especialmente con el estudio" from "Espeically with the studio" to "Especially with my studies" at least 4 times now. Dialogue just seems to loop.
Try notepad's "replace all" feature ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
replace.png

Reactions: Wesieboy56

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
That would require me knowing in advance the same lines of dialogue repeat, instead of just translating/correcting on the fly as I'm doing now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Alright, still a work in progress, about 75% completed with cap2.rpy. Got through the alley fight and the next scene is meeting the principal of Bonnie's school. Won't be able to finish it till after work, so it'll be at least 12 hours from now. From what I've seen, the 3.0 dialogue so far isn't nearly as bad as the prior versions. So here's the 75% done ver for now. If you want to use it I recommend renaming the files in \game\tl\english from 'cap2.rpy' to 'cap2.rpyold' and 'cap2.rpyc' to 'cap2.rpycold'. Then place the cap2.rpy file from here in game\tl\english and you might need to rename it to get rid of the extra numbers in the beginning of the filename that F95 sometimes likes to put on its downloads.

Reactions: Golden Novels

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
You're on Patreon with this game. And there could be the big problem. You get paid for the game or the work on the game. But you're selling something. And that's when it get's illegal. My concern is that you get banned from Patreon for using music from copyright protected material. Patreon is located in the USA, so you have to make sure to not violate the copyrights from the US. And I know, that most animes published in US and EU are copyright protected, the complete video AND AUDIO.
Just do yourself a favor, remove music from copyright protected medias and use free ones. Otherwise you will still use STOLEN audios. According to US and EU laws.

D

Deleted member 1387011

You're on Patreon with this game. And there could be the big problem. You get paid for the game or the work on the game. But you're selling something. And that's when it get's illegal. My concern is that you get banned from Patreon for using music from copyright protected material. Patreon is located in the USA, so you have to make sure to not violate the copyrights from the US. And I know, that most animes published in US and EU are copyright protected, the complete video AND AUDIO.
Just do yourself a favor, remove music from copyright protected medias and use free ones. Otherwise you will still use STOLEN audios. According to US and EU laws.
So what about the Koikatu assets?

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes