CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
So what about the Koikatu assets?
They're free to use. The dev gave the general permission. You just need to search for it.

I wrote these texts not to harm the dev. I like his game, and because I want to see more updates, I wanted to warn him. Nothing is more sad than a passionate dev getting banned from Patreon or somewhere else for violating the rules, because they looked for their laws and not international or from the location of the firm. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

Last edited:

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
You're on Patreon with this game. And there could be the big problem. You get paid for the game or the work on the game. But you're selling something. And that's when it get's illegal. My concern is that you get banned from Patreon for using music from copyright protected material. Patreon is located in the USA, so you have to make sure to not violate the copyrights from the US. And I know, that most animes published in US and EU are copyright protected, the complete video AND AUDIO.
Just do yourself a favor, remove music from copyright protected medias and use free ones. Otherwise you will still use STOLEN audios. According to US and EU laws.
1. Patreon is a platform that works as a mediator, between the content creator and the person who likes said content and wants it to continue, so they voluntarily decide to donate money for it.
2. Patreon makes a profit, which he makes from me for using his services.
3. Patreon is not interested in what I do or don't do, Patreon receives orders from Paypal, yes, a company that resides in the United States that was created by Elon Musk.
4. Paypal does not review what Patreon content creators do, they don't care. Because the bases and conditions are already established, that is why Patreon is the one who enforces them, warns you and can delete your page within its platform.
5. So, they don't even review, and best of all, it's not necessary since I'm not breaking any law, term or condition.
6. 90% of anime is created in Asia. Foreign countries acquire the license, which allows them to distribute or reproduce the anime in their country, or to double it in their language, as well as to censor or remove certain things, which are all in agreement with the company or creator from whom I buy the license.
6. That you have a license, does not mean that you are the owner of the work or project, it does not even work as buy shares on the stock exchange. A license is a right of use. If someone wants to buy copyright, it is something that is very expensive, but once they buy it, it is when the terms and conditions change or may change depending on the country. This is for example what may happen to Tencent (Chinese company) and its intention to buy a large part of the companies (shares) that reside in Japan.
7. I don't need to buy usage rights. I give you an example: If I, as you call me, a thief, download or get the original song of any anime or famous project, and upload the song to YouTube monetizing the video, that would be infringing the copyright. Why?
Because you put advertising on the video, the song is not yours, you don't have a license, you are generating profits because by the way you monetize the video.
8. My project is not monetized, within the game you do not find any advertising. I do not ask for money. Simply, if you like what I do and can support me by volunteering on Patreon, great.
9. In summary, I am using third-party material (in this case, music and the Ilussion engine) adding my content, which is merely a dialogue, not even creating wallpapers is original or exclusively my property, because the Ilussion engine does not it's mine. The project is not for sale, nobody finances me, nobody pays me to do it. I do it if I want to, and if tomorrow I get out of bed and decide not to continue because someone calls me a thief, I do it, and I don't continue it, it's that simple, because I'm not in a relationship of dependency with anyone and I'm not under any circumstances. type of contract that forces me to work or create content with a time limit.
For this reason, no one can initiate legal action against me. For this reason, if any anime company takes my story tomorrow and turns it into an anime and generates profits, I cannot initiate legal action either. What's more, I wouldn't even care, on the contrary, I would be super happy.
10. If you are so concerned, you talk to me privately and you argue the reason for your concern and I will answer you. Now, tell me twice they thief in this public thread, I doubt that it really serves anything other than to harm me. Copyright laws on third party material, my research, I have already done. I live researching before doing something. I have a lot of things to worry about and keep getting informed. Copyright is not one of them. That many people call me a thief, because one or two people dared to say it here, yes, it worries me, because it makes me sad, for a reason that I already explained before.
It is really sad that someone devalues what one does with love and effort, such as spending a lot of time looking for good music for the right moment, listening and listening to exhaustion, and then testing in the game. We return to the same, don't you like it? But it is perfect, for tastes the colors, I can like dogs and you can like cats, you can like music, you can't like music.
Now that you call me a thief, it's a complete lack of respect.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Golden Novels

Point 3 and 4 is only applies until you get reported by someone towards to Patreon about the music. If that happens, they will review your game, and will force you to take it out. Of point 8, while because you have public releases, it does fall under a somewhat grey area legally, but your Patreon account itself supports you in exchange for a game, where you do use said material without having the rights for it. About point 7, when it comes to copyrights, Asians are more pissy about it than anyone else, that's why several scan groups got a C&D, even if they were freely distributed the translated manga, but got montery support by different means in exchange.

As for point 10, you're anger is mismanaged. Camaro did not call you a thief, Camaro told you about that according to laws in countries, one of which is Patreon is headquartered does see it as a stealing. It was meant more of an advice to not get yourself in trouble than an insult.

Reactions: LordSinner

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
1. Patreon is a platform that works as a mediator, between the content creator and the person who likes said content and wants it to continue, so they voluntarily decide to donate money for it.
2. Patreon makes a profit, which he makes from me for using his services.
3. Patreon is not interested in what I do or don't do, Patreon receives orders from Paypal, yes, a company that resides in the United States that was created by Elon Musk.
4. Paypal does not review what Patreon content creators do, they don't care. Because the bases and conditions are already established, that is why Patreon is the one who enforces them, warns you and can delete your page within its platform.
5. So, they don't even review, and best of all, it's not necessary since I'm not breaking any law, term or condition.
6. 90% of anime is created in Asia. Foreign countries acquire the license, which allows them to distribute or reproduce the anime in their country, or to double it in their language, as well as to censor or remove certain things, which are all in agreement with the company or creator from whom I buy the license.
6. That you have a license, does not mean that you are the owner of the work or project, it does not even work as buy shares on the stock exchange. A license is a right of use. If someone wants to buy copyright, it is something that is very expensive, but once they buy it, it is when the terms and conditions change or may change depending on the country. This is for example what may happen to Tencent (Chinese company) and its intention to buy a large part of the companies (shares) that reside in Japan.
7. I don't need to buy usage rights. I give you an example: If I, as you call me, a thief, download or get the original song of any anime or famous project, and upload the song to YouTube monetizing the video, that would be infringing the copyright. Why?
Because you put advertising on the video, the song is not yours, you don't have a license, you are generating profits because by the way you monetize the video.
8. My project is not monetized, within the game you do not find any advertising. I do not ask for money. Simply, if you like what I do and can support me by volunteering on Patreon, great.
9. In summary, I am using third-party material (in this case, music and the Ilussion engine) adding my content, which is merely a dialogue, not even creating wallpapers is original or exclusively my property, because the Ilussion engine does not it's mine. The project is not for sale, nobody finances me, nobody pays me to do it. I do it if I want to, and if tomorrow I get out of bed and decide not to continue because someone calls me a thief, I do it, and I don't continue it, it's that simple, because I'm not in a relationship of dependency with anyone and I'm not under any circumstances. type of contract that forces me to work or create content with a time limit.
For this reason, no one can initiate legal action against me. For this reason, if any anime company takes my story tomorrow and turns it into an anime and generates profits, I cannot initiate legal action either. What's more, I wouldn't even care, on the contrary, I would be super happy.
10. If you are so concerned, you talk to me privately and you argue the reason for your concern and I will answer you. Now, tell me twice they thief in this public thread, I doubt that it really serves anything other than to harm me. Copyright laws on third party material, my research, I have already done. I live researching before doing something. I have a lot of things to worry about and keep getting informed. Copyright is not one of them. That many people call me a thief, because one or two people dared to say it here, yes, it worries me, because it makes me sad, for a reason that I already explained before.
It is really sad that someone devalues what one does with love and effort, such as spending a lot of time looking for good music for the right moment, listening and listening to exhaustion, and then testing in the game. We return to the same, don't you like it? But it is perfect, for tastes the colors, I can like dogs and you can like cats, you can like music, you can't like music.
Now that you call me a thief, it's a complete lack of respect.
I see you don't understand, what I tried to archive. Sadly. I did not call you a thief, I just said, that some of the music you use will be handled as stolen, if the game will be reviewed. It's the same with games that include e.g. incest. Here on F95 we don't care, maybe even like it. But on big platforms, you have to follow the rules and laws. And mostly according to the location of origin of contents or the location of the headquarters of the platforms you use. If you still believe I want to harm you instead of helping, I won't care anymore to help you. And good luck.

Golden Novels

Point 3 and 4 is only applies until you get reported by someone towards to Patreon about the music. If that happens, they will review your game, and will force you to take it out. Of point 8, while because you have public releases, it does fall under a somewhat grey area legally, but your Patreon account itself supports you in exchange for a game, where you do use said material without having the rights for it. About point 7, when it comes to copyrights, Asians are more pissy about it than anyone else, that's why several scan groups got a C&D, even if they were freely distributed the translated manga, but got montery support by different means in exchange.

As for point 10, you're anger is mismanaged. Camaro did not call you a thief, Camaro told you about that according to laws in countries, one of which is Patreon is headquartered does see it as a stealing. It was meant more of an advice to not get yourself in trouble than an insult.
Thanks for defending me. At least someone understood, what I wanted to archieve.

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
Golden Novels

-That's why I say, if Patreon does not receive complaints or reports, it does not review much what all those who use its services constantly do. When Patreon detects many reports, it works like all the big platforms with algorithms or fast solutions, they eliminate you, in their majority without previous warning.
-There is no gray area, the game is not for sale, I cannot even sell it, I have no control over it, I do not have control if tomorrow some company wants to take the idea of the story to do something else with it. Because I do not have copyright on anything, I am not stealing anything and I am not saying that the music is mine, that being there does not mean that it is mine.
One on Patreon can upload anything, if tomorrow I stop creating this visual novel and start uploading photo packs of my dog, and people keep donating, absolutely nothing happens. At most you can receive a large amount of donations when you upload content that does not match the description that Patreon asks for your profile, but they do not benefit from annoying the creator if he is not doing anything illegal, because they also generate profit .
I do not endorse my Patreon account in exchange for something, I do not have a dependency relationship with Patreon. The platform does not charge me for having the account open, much less asked me for an initial content to verify the account or something like that, Patreon did not play Winds of the Destiny. There are so many dead creator accounts on Patreon, and they're still there, open.
-About point 7, yes, the truth is I do not know if people, groups or pages that used other people's works or projects, and translated or destroyed them, came to a class in agreement with the company or creative person. The only case I know is that a page (which I don't remember the name right now) translated a manga into Spanish, the page is so well known for that and the quality of the translation, which was congratulated by the company that created the manga. original.
-No, I never said I had anger, on the contrary, it made me feel sad, I have said it more than once and I explained it.
If he wants to warn me, he does it privately here on F95 or my Discord channel.
When he explicitly says, "Using copyright-free songs is better than stealing." He is calling me a thief.
If that's not the intention, don't say it again. Even apologies are no necessary, with saying "No, I didn't mean to tell you thief, I just wanted to warn you for your sake." This perfect, it was better to tell me in private and expose the data on which you base your argument.
-Again, I have already read about copyright and the use of third party material. I live in Argentina, a tax hell, and currently I continue to inform myself about that, because my country is so much fun that they do what they want and transgress everything.
I am happy to know that with copyright I will not have problems, the person who may have problems is the one who, if he comes up with a gameplay of Winds of the Destiny (with the music playing in the background), monetizes the video and has more than 500 views, I guess YouTube will delete the video. I have nothing to do there.
-That is why when these kinds of doubts arise about whether I can have problems with copyright for music, there are better ways to ask, there are better ways to answer, and there are better ways to argue.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
He He He He He..... nice game but those he/she/it grammer mistakes are bad.... i brings me out of the story because i can't really tell what exactly happend(Bonnies Gym Teacher)

Reactions: Golden Novels

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Alright quick and dirty English script revision is done. Those pronouns should be (mostly) correct now and the script should be more understandable.

Extract the zip and move the files to the game/tl/english folder.

There was some text that I couldn't find to change (most notably during the alley fight when the large text with a special font shows up). There were some cases where the pronoun being used was ambiguous in the original Spanish text, so I went with what sounded better and the context surrounding the situation, but it's not 100% guaranteed accurate. Mostly notable with Rachel's use of "Esperé" there were times I went beyond a simple translation. I'm not sure if she's supposed to be using the incorrect imperative in the original script or if it's a typo, but I took her "Esperé" to be "Wait!" or "Wait a second" rather than the literal translated "I waited" since that made no sense in the flow of the dialogue.

Last edited:

Varcolac

Mar 13, 2018
While rough around the edges, it is a really solid project so far.
I wish you the best of luck development-wise and financially, Golden Novels.

S4Y4

Oct 11, 2018
I lost my shit when the tomodachi life clothing shop ost started playing. I never would've expected to hear it in a game like this.
and then not to mention Toko's theme right after that. Pristine taste.
The heroines are cute, especially Bonnie(slight(complete) bias on my end), and the choice of music is great, though I wonder about the legality.
I'm only ~1 hour in, but I've been left with good impressions thus far.
The broken english is distracting, but I've read worse.

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
I lost my shit when the tomodachi life clothing shop ost started playing. I never would've expected to hear it in a game like this.
and then not to mention Toko's theme right after that. Pristine taste.
The heroines are cute, especially Bonnie(slight(complete) bias on my end), and the choice of music is great, though I wonder about the legality.
I'm only ~1 hour in, but I've been left with good impressions thus far.
The broken english is distracting, but I've read worse.
I'm glad you like it, rembember then you can leave a review in the other section!
Yes, the music in the clothing store was very difficult, I couldn't find the best one. Until I came across this song from Tomodachi Life and the truth is that it hit the spot, simple, happy, short, and catchy.
Higher up in this thread I answer about the copyright of music in Winds of the Destiny.
Thanks for playing and sorry for the english!

Last edited:

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
Seeing a lot of male pronouns like 'he' and 'his' at the start of chapter 2 when referencing Yuri, then it switches to 'she'.

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
So where is the real 3.0?
Mega/nopy said 3.0 but when i extracted that is 2.5!
Version 0.3.0 is here, already updated so its thread name
If the winrar are extracted and it says version "0.2.5", it is my mistake, forget to change the version number in the option script
Above this thread, the user "hngg" has compressed the version without errors, weighing a feather and can be downloaded by Mediafire
Right now I will upload that version to my post public on Patreon, I have already asked his permission

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i tried to avoid the kissing scene between yuri and Bonnie by avoiding Yuri options that suggest i want a relationship with her.
is that scene something thats gonna happen regardless or am i doing something wrong?

Golden Novels

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2020
i tried to avoid the kissing scene between yuri and Bonnie by avoiding Yuri options that suggest i want a relationship with her.
is that scene something thats gonna happen regardless or am i doing something wrong?
At the moment it is inevitable, in the future I could add options to prevent it from happening, or in any case, that Yuri and Bonnie keep doing that kind of thing

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes