Anon20K

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2020
Hola todos? Soy nuevo en este foro.
Pregunto la historia termina después dela escena de la ducha o habrá actualizaciones?
hay un chat en discord para todo el tema, tambien esta en español por las dudas... igual en el patreon del desarrollador deberia estar el link

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
masterdragonson

Well said, I think he is overreacting way to much. Leaks are unavoidable and that is something that every developer needs to embrace because it is not all that bad. If people care enough to leak it, it means you are doing good. We don't become patreons because we want buy early take on releases we become because we want to support developer and see project move ahead.
Nobody cares if it gets leaked.

Look at what selebus(Lessons in love dev) is doing here with community it is amazing. As you said you shouldn't pay attention to typical morons and focus on constructive criticism. He had his patreon released leaked, I'm sure it wasn't nice but his patreon number keeps going up, and that why it is important to recognise that every person that plays the game here is potential supporter and more you show you passion here more will come on board. Just stay positive and go ham with the work.
GN only wants to make sure that it works properly and no errors will occur because most people who encounters a bug will keep pestering him why did it happen or how to solve it.., so I think it's better to wait for the actual public release since it's fixed compared to the leak ones who may or may not have bugs..

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
B.M.O

That is why it is counter intuitive to decrease communication with people. If that is the problem good communications solves it.
You can't do anything about couple % of retards that fail to read memo next to a download.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
GN only wants to make sure that it works properly and no errors will occur because most people who encounters a bug will keep pestering him why did it happen or how to solve it.., so I think it's better to wait for the actual public release since it's fixed compared to the leak ones who may or may not have bugs..
Don't get me wrong I understand the sentiment of Golden Novels wanting the experience to be the most polished and enjoyable :coffee: However I hate to admit it but some people just don't read and are too giddy with excitement to wait...

This is why Four Elements Trainer puts in big bold print on their Title Screen 'Bughunt Version' for their early releases
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doesn't stop pirates but it does inform anyone that downloads it that things are still rough and maybe they should wait if they want a more stable, bug free experience.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I created fan sig, if someone wants to use it please go ahead.

Winds of the Destiny fan-sig.jpg

Link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/09/852994_Winds_of_the_Destiny_fan-sig.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: masterdragonson

jet5698

Dec 3, 2018
So I dont know if anyone would care to see this or even care about what is being said but I just want to throw it out there. So Golden Novels (or Vermilion) made an announcements for the next version of the game on discord. To shout out the important part, if the game get distributed again without their permission, Golden Novels may stop developing Wind of the Destiny. I like this game and I would like to see where it goes instead of it getting an abandon label to it. I rather wait for the public release but thats just my option. I know that this is a piracy site and that this probably wont matter, the latest version will be instantly put out there but who knows, maybe something will happen. I will definitely be hoping.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So I dont know if anyone would care to see this or even care about what is being said but I just want to throw it out there. So Golden Novels (or Vermilion) made an announcements for the next version of the game on discord. To shout out the important part, if the game get distributed again without their permission, Golden Novels may stop developing Wind of the Destiny. I like this game and I would like to see where it goes instead of it getting an abandon label to it. I rather wait for the public release but thats just my option. I know that this is a piracy site and that this probably wont matter, the latest version will be instantly put out there but who knows, maybe something will happen. I will definitely be hoping.
So let's see the Discord Message
2020-10-12_23-07-13.png
Argentine Peso (ARS) to United States Dollar (USD)
1 to 0.013

Currently Golden Novels has 44 Patrons making $133 per month
Or that in Argentine Peso is 10,261.15

Not sure what his plans are but if his local currency is becoming worthless then dropping his patrons wouldn't be wise unless he has a good backup plan.

Well I guess that's one way to stop piracy is simply to stop. Whatever the future holds hopefully he does alright no matter where the winds of destiny take him...

Flipper Roo

Oct 3, 2019
That's disappointing that dev would quit after only six months because a couple hundred people, more or less, download his game for free. If you look at the highest earning games on here, in terms of patreon money, they all started from nothing.Yes it's unfortunate that people are able to download your game for free but that doesn't mean you can't make a decent chunk of change doing this. If you think about it, without these kinds of sites how else are you supposed to get noticed, word of mouth? I don't know about you guys but I don't want anyone knowing I play H-games. I personally support many devs whose games I found here and I implore you all to do the same, but to up and quit because you're not raking in the dough is a little ridiculous.

If you love what you do you'll stick with it and if you're in it for the money and nothing else you'll quit. In a few years I want to develop my own game, once I get enough money together for a decent rig, I even started writing in my spare time. When I do start development you can get your ass I'm gonna be on the grind posting here and interacting with you guys (probably under a different account with a fancy pants studio name), and every step of the way I'm gonna keep reminding you guys to support me, I'll do it so much you guys will be sick of it, but that's just the way it goes, part of making money online is community involvement.

So you know what, I wasn't supporting this dev on patreon but just so he knows I'm not a bullshitter, if he's reading this, I'll throw a few bones his way.

Reactions: JYPGames

Flipper Roo

Oct 3, 2019
Here's me saying, "I like your game, I want you to keep making it, it's a very pleasant read, and the visuals are nice too. Now can you stop worrying about the money so much and get back to making this game we all enjoy? People will support you if you make a good product like I have, it just takes time. I realize it can be frustrating when not everything goes your way especially in the current state of the world, but if you keep at it I know you'll make it".

Reactions: JYPGames

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
That's one side of piracy that usually goes unnoticed. Yes, it sucks when your product is leaked and you miss out on potential sales, but that's inevitable on the internet - you create something, it gets pirated, no exceptions. It's as guaranteed as water being wet. At the same time, it also brings your product valuable exposure. I would not have even heard about any of the games I support if I hadn't seen them posted here to begin with. My only other option would've been to take some hours off of my busy days to google search and hope to find something that strikes my fancy, and still risk walking away with no information in the end, and I just ain't got the time nor the energy for that.
If your game is good, people (who can afford to) will support it, because they want to see it finished. Even if you only get two or three people pledging after they see the game here, that's already extra support you didn't have before. The piracy would have happened regardless, but at least you can still get something out of it as a developer.

I'm not saying it's fair, no, if I was in the position of a developer I'd likely still be mildly miffed when my game inevitably got leaked, but if it's going to happen anyway... I may as well hope people like it and choose to support me in the end.

Reactions: NoshoesTrey

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
That's disappointing that dev would quit after only six months because a couple hundred people, more or less, download his game for free. If you look at the highest earning games on here, in terms of patreon money, they all started from nothing.Yes it's unfortunate that people are able to download your game for free but that doesn't mean you can't make a decent chunk of change doing this. If you think about it, without these kinds of sites how else are you supposed to get noticed, word of mouth? I don't know about you guys but I don't want anyone knowing I play H-games. I personally support many devs whose games I found here and I implore you all to do the same, but to up and quit because you're not raking in the dough is a little ridiculous.

If you love what you do you'll stick with it and if you're in it for the money and nothing else you'll quit. In a few years I want to develop my own game, once I get enough money together for a decent rig, I even started writing in my spare time. When I do start development you can get your ass I'm gonna be on the grind posting here and interacting with you guys (probably under a different account with a fancy pants studio name), and every step of the way I'm gonna keep reminding you guys to support me, I'll do it so much you guys will be sick of it, but that's just the way it goes, part of making money online is community involvement.

So you know what, I wasn't supporting this dev on patreon but just so he knows I'm not a bullshitter, if he's reading this, I'll throw a few bones his way.
but... can you really blame him? he got offended by some user here.... dev is not really against piracy , but the one who wrote something on this thread didn't choose his words enough.. and it really offended the dev..

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes