Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

sir1234

Aug 19, 2023
News from EON from Discord and new art
"There is some important work that will be done the coming week.
I would like to include that in the monthly update. So it will arrive a week late, in 7 days."
monthly update,a week late,

This is obviously two lies, and the update time is being extended indefinitely

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Some of you may remember, or a search may reveal, that the original update schedule was punted because of at least two big reasons: 1) they moved the game to a new iteration of Godot which means new coding and yada yada; 2) they nuked the prologue and redid it. How in-depth, how deep, they went into the re-write I don't know. But it was said a few weeks ago that this would take a few months to shake out.

There's also the issue of them publishing their other game, Karma, to Steam...I don't know if that's finished or not. Long story short, patience will reward you. Clamoring for an update every few days...will not.

Aniseya

Formerly 'jose canseco'
May 19, 2024
this game's demise is the result of this dev's greed and incompetency and I've been following this game and donated a few times since the first demo was out, and the dev has always been a bit slimey. It worked fine in renpy. some of the girls are hot, the NTR stuff is beyond garbage, and the dev just sucks at all the creative decisions he's made. Godot is a horrible choice, the game is an awful repetitive grind, and someone just needs to extract the cg on this game and call it a day

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I just came here from playing "Loser", I recommend anyone frustrated by this try that, and after a single session you'll come to realize this is a downright pleasant sandbox relatively speaking :LOL:

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Yah just goes to show we all need to keep some perspective myself included...

Come to think of it, I can think of 5+ worse sandbox grinds that this, and they all play worse and look uglier, so in the grand scheme of things this one's pretty good. The worst grinding part here is the making $3000, but even then that's like 2 weeks of daily cookies, or 10 short events.

10 short events for a sandbox game 'grind' is CHILD'S play compared to some of these other games, where there's a randomized chance one character you need to talk to will show up at a location on one night of the week.

They've definitely tidied a lot up in game, most of my caustic attitude comes from dev having a "poorly tuned pricing/monetization model", to speak politely.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I just came here from playing "Loser", I recommend anyone frustrated by this try that, and after a single session you'll come to realize this is a downright pleasant sandbox relatively speaking :LOL:
I, also, tried it out and was cheating like crazy. Then I loaded Bepinex and that cheat mod and the game was way better.

In regard to this game, as I've stated before, the problem isn't necessarily the sandbox style, it's the repeating scenes that become fingernails on the proverbial chalkboard. I know I've stated this about a thousand times, but what's so hard about creating 4 variations on a scene. Play one 50% of the time, another 30%, another 20% and one juicy one 10%. At least it would break the monotony and give us something a bit different on occasion. It's like these pplz have never heard of random number generators........o_O

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I, also, tried it out and was cheating like crazy. Then I loaded Bepinex and that cheat mod and the game was way better.

In regard to this game, as I've stated before, the problem isn't necessarily the sandbox style, it's the repeating scenes that become fingernails on the proverbial chalkboard. I know I've stated this about a thousand times, but what's so hard about creating 4 variations on a scene. Play one 50% of the time, another 30%, another 20% and one juicy one 10%. At least it would break the monotony and give us something a bit different on occasion. It's like these pplz have never heard of random number generators........o_O
Yup, playing that game stock would be a practice in christlike-self-flagellation. Not using mods, but keeping savefile open in another window and incrementing attributes for characters everytime they change.... no way I'm talking to someone (who's only available at a certain time of week) 14 times just to level them up.

Winter warmth could benefit from both what you suggested, and more independent plot lines so it feels more open-world. Things like having mall access gated behind Amelia's quests (which is required for running shoes)- or Ramen cart access gated behind Pavani. I get the dev motivation for doing that; you guide a player through the different storylines, but at the cost of basically putting the player on rails.

It'd play far better as an open-ended world where the player could chose if they wanted to work on Mina stuff, or Melissa, or daughters stuff on a given day.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes