LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I'm using honor play to play version 1.40.1 and the game very lag :'(
Ye since they changed the menu and all, the game is very laggy
There seems to be problems with some versions of android not recognising the application as a game, so the GPU is never initialised and CPU is used instead, which causes crashes or lagging due to the lack of GPU acceleration.

We had reports that forcing GPU rendering in phone's options has fixed it for some users. I do hope that we can resolve this in the future, but it seems that this issue would need to be fixed on the engine side. Currently I'm gathering data so I can make a report about it, so if you have log files, that'd be great if you could post them.

Reactions: duckerton

Timendo

NTR Connoisseur
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
There seems to be problems with some versions of android not recognising the application as a game, so the GPU is never initialised and CPU is used instead, which causes crashes or lagging due to the lack of GPU acceleration.

We had reports that forcing GPU rendering in phone's options has fixed it for some users. I do hope that we can resolve this in the future, but it seems that this issue would need to be fixed on the engine side. Currently I'm gathering data so I can make a report about it, so if you have log files, that'd be great if you could post them.
Sorry i didn't saw they were playing on mobile ! When i said that the game got laggy i was referring for myself as i'm playing on my computer

Reactions: yamadakun

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
Is there a way to access the puzzle box after failing the first try? I assumed it would be in my inventory, but it isn't
I noticed that as well, but if you keep trying, eventually the timer will run out and it will give you the option to break the damn thing! :D

JJGGAEAE

Nov 28, 2019
how can I increse Luna's favour lvl?
it is 3 now, i want to make 4.

Well, i want to fuck her but i dont know how can i go to next level.

f951488

Aug 29, 2017
I'm disapointed with the speed the team is developing. Other developers release monthly and they release hundreds of rendered pics and dozens of scenes / animations.
Releasing on a quarter/year base, if at all, and then to provide two or three new pics or scenes is a little bit slow
I'm not here to defend this particular developers (I'm not really invested in this game) but comparing VN 3D games and games with more complex gameplay and hand drawn art is wrong.
1. Most these VN games are made with Ren'Py which is great if you basically need very narrow content in terms of choices, repeatability and gameplay in general. They already have good framework to work with and need little adjustments to their game. Witch Trainer also uses Ren'Py but needs a little bit more so they need more developer attention to the game. You don't really hear a lot 3D games with layered clothes systems which make possible same events with different clothes/styles do you?
2. 3D renderers is vastly different to produce comparing to hand drawn art.
Former doesn't really have high entry bar: you can buy/download great, stunning looking models from the start, you can buy/download their poses, facial expressions, materials etc. You also have great tools to tweak those poses/expressions to make more "unique" renders (and hence bloating your content from maybe dozen or so renders to hundred with basically duplicate renders but with head turned 4° just for that "Oh..." line). Basically >95% work done before you.
But for latter you need pretty much start from scratch every time for each new scene. You can make some optimizations to this process to make it easier but not even close to what you have with 3D. There are some exceptions in terms of productivity like Gunsmoke Games but I can't really tell how much experience their artist have.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I don't really know what I'm doing anymore with this game. I seem to be running around in circles. For the life of me I can't get Hermione to the 4th favor which is "grope her". Every time I ask she gets mad. Last time I played this game was at least 2 years ago and completely forgot how to progress with her.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Witch Trainer: Silver - 1.40.1 PATCH

This patch should fix all of the reported bugs.

To apply it, download the file attached below, extract the hotfix.7z into your main directory (where the *.exe* file is) and start the game. Do not extract the nested patch.zip file.

This patch is save compatible with previous 1.40 version of the game.

Changelog:

P.S. Full release and android version will be uploaded soon.

Download 1.40.1 Full:
Android
Windows, Linux & Mac
I successfully applied the patch, and am playing on a PC. The speedreading and speedwriting books don't seem to be available from the Weasleys' shop, though the fiction books are there. Is that a bug, or have they been removed from the game in this version? Without acquiring the ability to speedread and speedwrite, the game would become very tedious.

Reactions: Emanekaf1

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This is always the option I choose. I hate those damned things.
don't we all. anyways if completes it proper way gets (got on earlier version) special reward/achievement.

Old saves aren't compatible, oof
never are between big updates aka 1.38 to 1.39 etc.

I don't really know what I'm doing anymore with this game. I seem to be running around in circles. For the life of me I can't get Hermione to the 4th favor which is "grope her". Every time I ask she gets mad. Last time I played this game was at least 2 years ago and completely forgot how to progress with her.
do other favors until she accepts groping 4. can't get tier 4 until other favors have advanced further on other favors.

jk11

May 16, 2017
is cho's match with slytherin being implemented? cho's complaining they don't want to play, snape doesn't want to do anything, tonk offered to help but nothing happen?! any clue?

Jan 1, 2021
Damn, I had just discovered that extras pack by TheBigBg and now that doesn’t work with this update? Bummer. I rather liked Tonks’ cargo pants and tank top. Made her look like some off-duty slutty swat officer or something.

felsi

Nov 7, 2020
I played this game on Android.
This game has too many delays, my phone is the Galaxy S10 and has 8gb RAM. But this game needs more RAM, I play a lot of games on my phone, so I always leave GPU rendering on, but the delay has not been solved. The phone heats up too fast because texts and scenes are too laggy and they need a lot of RAM, so if anyone is going to play this game on Android, they'll have to play a better phone than the Galaxy S10.
Do developers test with high-end phones? They should put Android optimization first.
This is really unfortunate, there were no such lags or crashes in version 1.39.4 i hope this gets better

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021
I played this game on Android.
This game has too many delays, my phone is the Galaxy S10 and has 8gb RAM. But this game needs more RAM, I play a lot of games on my phone, so I always leave GPU rendering on, but the delay has not been solved. The phone heats up too fast because texts and scenes are too laggy and they need a lot of RAM, so if anyone is going to play this game on Android, they'll have to play a better phone than the Galaxy S10.
Do developers test with high-end phones? They should put Android optimization first.
This is really unfortunate, there were no such lags or crashes in version 1.39.4 i hope this gets better
I’ve been noticing that on my laptop as well. It’s choppy and not at all smooth. I love this game, I really do! But sometimes these updates feel like 2 steps forward and one and a half steps back. There hasn’t be anything new that I’ve disliked yet, so I hate to join the masses that complain about progress being slow but...

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes