LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
My question is why do we keep having to start over cause we cant use our previous saves?
Due to the amount of changes we're making every update, it's close to impossible for us to maintain save compatibility if we want to keep expanding the game.

The way Ren'py works, saves are keeping references to python objects and the references are not rebuild during load times, and because of that, we need to create patches manually for each referenced object, that applies even if the change we make is minuscule.

WT:S is not your typical visual novel, we rely on player-made choices that influence the story of the game, a lot. Linear games have it easier because you only need to go from point A to point B, but in our case, A can point towards B, C, D and further, E, F, G etc.

The game has only two coders, and I think our time is better spent working on other things than save compatibility.

I think it's not a big of an issue given we release updates every 3-4 months, and small bugfix patches are always save compatible.

There are cheats that should help you getting back on track quicker and make the whole process less annoying.

Last edited:

yamadakun

Jul 4, 2018
Due to the amount of changes we're making every update, it's close to impossible for us to maintain save compatibility if we want to keep expanding the game.

The way Ren'py works, saves are keeping references to python objects and the references are not rebuild during load times, and because of that, we need to create patches manually for each referenced object, that applies even if the change we make is minuscule.

WT:S is not your typical visual novel, we rely on player-made choices that influence the story of the game, a lot. Linear games have it easier because you only need to go from point A to point B, but in our case, A can point towards B, C, D and further, E, F, G etc.

The game has only two coders, and I think our time is better spent working on other things than save compatibility.

I think it's not a big of an issue given we release updates every 3-4 months, and small bugfix patches are always save compatible.

There are cheats that should help you getting back on track quicker and make the whole process less annoying.
Cheats make the process bearable. Plus being able to corrupt Hermione again is fun, too!

Roboyaru

Oct 7, 2019
While I am a little miffed about having to erase all my saves to restart the events and having to restart my Luna content, I agree that it's fun to re-corrupt Hermione. That said, I am annoyed that all my custom outfits from the mods on Discord were not brought back into the game, despite remaining in the folders on my computer. Any ideas on how to bring them back into the Wardrobe Modifier?

Also, does anyone have any reccomendations on speeding up access to hermione's outdoor sex scene and having sex with Luna? I swear I must have revisited her blowjob actions over 30 times with now change.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Lamb Of God - Vigil
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
safest way is to use full version not update .x to .y.
the "just patch" patch seems to work, which is a major convenience for people with bandwidth limits. luckily i don't have caps, but there are quite some who do. haven't played it all through yet.
corrupting that Granger girl is a grind, what with all the mixup of triple staging; favours, tutoring and levelup intermix, i suggest some kind of measurement there. you never know where you're at with her. should you step up favour? should you rather level up or tutor? imo that's still somewhat messy.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
the "just patch" patch seems to work, which is a major convenience for people with bandwidth limits. luckily i don't have caps, but there are quite some who do. haven't played it all through yet.
corrupting that Granger girl is a grind, what with all the mixup of triple staging; favours, tutoring and levelup intermix, i suggest some kind of measurement there. you never know where you're at with her. should you step up favour? should you rather level up or tutor? imo that's still somewhat messy.
whoring etc is indication, ofc those who have played this since dawn of time just cheat max whoring etc.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
maybe wasn't clear enough then. i'd like indication for : what does the tutoring do, what does the favour do, what does the level up do. separated. because as it is, those 3 things do effect her level and interfere with eachother.
i'm not cheapskate enough to do a end cheat when i want to play a game.

Reactions: Bummenphist

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
tutoring doesn't actually do anything which aren't gotten via favors.

realaccount9

Jun 14, 2018
Is there a plan to include preg content? Particularly, the player impregnating the girls, hopefully with a quicker gestation period.

Just a BIG plus for me, and a few others I know.

Reactions: Mastershake

Tizio95

Dec 21, 2017
i tried to start without previews possession and cheats but the wardrobe option for all the character is inaccesible for looping errors. Please Help

Nachtgeist

Nov 27, 2018

The Cho BJ scene is one of the best updates I've seen to date... You guys are doing an amazing job! I certainly hope some of the older scenes with other characters get the same amazing treatment.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
tutoring doesn't actually do anything which aren't gotten via favors.
to the contrary, tutoring and level up does mix up with the favours progress. in my recent run, i ended up at current favour t3 whoring 12 turoring 7 and the game goes glitchy: you have to, over and over again, repeat every favour from the base, after each lvl up, and i have the situation that, example, in public shaming the "panty thief" still gets rejected while the plugs are already available and working. we have here 3 bats beating the same ball. it's messy. i'll try to follow this run until the game crashes for good, lessee. but me being a completionist, i want the achievements, and i want the single steps of corruption in the order they are given. everything else is, how to say.. rubbish? un-elegant? or, messy?

Poringu

Feb 17, 2019
Hello. I seem to have a problem, at least I think it's one. I'm on day 86 and for whatever reason the Catalogue wasn't unlocked for me. I mean the catalogue that lets you order books to improve your skills. I check my cabinet every morning and every evening and nothing so far. Any help?

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes