cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I get the response, but in this case, the game is just more tedious rather than harder.
yea well even on hard mode game is meant to be finished in reasonable time and reading books takes big chunk of that and if makes hermione angry then that too.

It's been a while since I last played it, is there a chance to only see the latest additions without grinding too much?
nope unless last version you played was 1.39.x. with cheats it's some hrs spent playing.

Reactions: WShinigami

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I get the response, but in this case, the game is just more tedious rather than harder.
Cupboard has no 'rubber banding' on hard mode to incentivise you to buy items from the store with gold. If you don't like that, I'd advise playing on easy or normal (recommended).

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Cupboard has no 'rubber banding' on hard mode to incentivise you to buy items from the store with gold. If you don't like that, I'd advise playing on easy or normal (recommended).
Thanks, appreciate the response. Mostly I was just checking to see if it was just plain broken because I can go weeks without finding anything.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks, appreciate the response. Mostly I was just checking to see if it was just plain broken because I can go weeks without finding anything.
not that different from normal difficulty, quite often week w/o finding anything.

SeanCages

Jul 25, 2017
Just don't play on hard mode. It doesn't add any challenge whatsoever. It just makes the game even more grindy.
It's not like it requires more thinking to beat, just more time.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
If you constantly search the cupboard you will hit Diminishing Returns penalty. Cupboard should be considered only a bonus, the proper way to get items is to earn gold and buy them from the store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zwart

SimplestName

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't fully explored this game so sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to edit saves or use the cheat menu for things like Tonk's friendship, or to get all the outfits (rather than waiting a day each time)? There seems to be certain things the cheat menu can't edit. I could be using it wrong though...

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I haven't fully explored this game so sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to edit saves or use the cheat menu for things like Tonk's friendship, or to get all the outfits (rather than waiting a day each time)? There seems to be certain things the cheat menu can't edit. I could be using it wrong though...
you can get all clothes to hermione at least via cheatmenu but no actual need to buy all clothes unless wants to play dress up barbie doll with girls. you can edit save with saveeditor (use fav. searchengine) but tonks is quite easy, just give gift she likes most daily and she ups quickly.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Started playing this for the first time. I'm at 53 days now and feel like money is really slow to get when so much stuff cost several hundred. Is there other ways to get cash aside from writing reports?

This aside, never thought anything would ever make me like Snape but here I am, thinking he's my best buddy now. Fuck you Akabur.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Started playing this for the first time. I'm at 53 days now and feel like money is really slow to get when so much stuff cost several hundred. Is there other ways to get cash aside from writing reports?

This aside, never thought anything would ever make me like Snape but here I am, thinking he's my best buddy now. Fuck you Akabur.
cheat menu (3 lines on upper left corner) and once you get to write 7 reports per week money just flows in from window and also sending hermione to work (need 1-4 suits) but that prevents evening actions with her.

Reactions: Duke Greene

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
cheat menu (3 lines on upper left corner) and once you get to write 7 reports per week money just flows in from window and also sending hermione to work (need 1-4 suits) but that prevents evening actions with her.
Don't plan to cheat but thanks for telling me about Hermione working, I just got enough money to buy a maid outfit.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes