cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Fellas,when i try to run either WT Silver or WT Silver-32 got a message.The message starts like

" I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 443, in <module>
version_upgrade()
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 365, in version_upgrade
patch = get_patch(files)
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 354, in get_patch
file = max(archives, key=os.path.getctime) "

and goes on.

I downloaded the game files from here,im on PC btw.

I saw some comments about one's also having trouble to run the game properly but i don't get what can i do honestly.

May someone help me? thx in advance.
Just did a clean install since I got a new PC, Windows 11, and after double clicking the exe it loads for a second then nothing happens. There is no log for me to see whats going on. Any tips on how to fix this? I already tried updating DirectX
opengl 2.0 capable graphic card? drivers up-to-date?

fakeemails

Apr 9, 2018
post on dev's discord and ask. possible that win11 acts up or windows defender prevents something to load.
Tried it with my antivirus off and still didn't work. On the discord I'm still waiting for server access even though I replied correctly hours ago lol.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
maybe try it by moving any patch.zip to a different location temporarily, and/or be offline, as in, set your firewall to temporarily block all traffic, or just disconnect from internet. the update checker should be aware of "internet not available" and just pass on to the game launch. small chance that be it. still, worth a shot.

my way, after patching once, i remove any patch.zip from the game folder. the game version is checked upon start anyway, and if there is nothing, it means there is nothing newer.
game also runs always in a offline sandbox, which prevents things like trying to change registry settings etc; updaters have this filthy habit to mess with settings.

fakeemails

Apr 9, 2018
maybe try it by moving any patch.zip to a different location temporarily, and/or be offline, as in, set your firewall to temporarily block all traffic, or just disconnect from internet. the update checker should be aware of "internet not available" and just pass on to the game launch. small chance that be it. still, worth a shot.

my way, after patching once, i remove any patch.zip from the game folder. the game version is checked upon start anyway, and if there is nothing, it means there is nothing newer.
game also runs always in a offline sandbox, which prevents things like trying to change registry settings etc; updaters have this filthy habit to mess with settings.
Disconnecting from the internet and moving the patch.zip file to a different location didn't work.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Fellas,when i try to run either WT Silver or WT Silver-32 got a message.The message starts like

" I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 443, in <module>
version_upgrade()
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 365, in version_upgrade
patch = get_patch(files)
File "game/_script_/utility/updatechecker.rpy", line 354, in get_patch
file = max(archives, key=os.path.getctime) "

and goes on.

I downloaded the game files from here,im on PC btw.

I saw some comments about one's also having trouble to run the game properly but i don't get what can i do honestly.

May someone help me? thx in advance.
Are you attempting to apply the patch to a build that doesn't require it? It's also possible you've placed the game in a folder using non-unicode characters, which renpy doesn't support. Try moving the game directly to your C:/ for example.

If you're having issues joining the discord, message one of the mods/admins. A few people have had issues with not getting a response from the bot.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I would like to know if there is any code to create the translation button , I did the game translation , but there is no button to trigger the translation , or when I start the game , it does not come with the translation

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
I downloaded the most recent version and all works well except the female characters' clothes being all white!
Genie and Snape are okay but all the girls' CLOTHES have no color. Is there any way to fix this? I can't change graphics render cuz I have an old laptop... hope that's not the reason cuz the game works fine, and actually, it now runs way better and faster than previous versions and I'm using the same old laptop, so that's great.

screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I downloaded the most recent version and all works well except the female characters' clothes being all white!
Genie and Snape are okay but all the girls' CLOTHES have no color. Is there any way to fix this? I can't change graphics render cuz I have an old laptop... hope that's not the reason cuz the game works fine, and actually, it now runs way better and faster than previous versions and I'm using the same old laptop, so that's great.
might need hardware update.

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
might need hardware update.
Even when every other aspect of the game now runs faster and better while I still use my old laptop?

The game loads twice as fast, the characters models load almost instantly (before it used to take up a few seconds), the savegames load INSTANTLY (before it used to take up up to 15 seconds) which is amazing, the wardrobe and the clothes load faster now, and the animations now run smoothly, especially Cho's HJ/BJ which sometimes used to crash the game for me. All is great except...the girls' clothes' color... it's so weird.

Last edited:

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Does it matter the whole duel mini-game? Do I need to play against Snape to progress at anything?
If you're talking about the card game, no, you don't need to play to progress the story. But, playing against Snape will let you unlock the Weasley brothers to play more cards against, who in turn will let you play cards against Hermione.

Once you've unlocked all three adversaries, you'll be able to challenge them and have wagers with them.

At this point:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Even when every other aspect of the game now runs faster and better while I still use my old laptop?

The game loads twice as fast, the characters models load almost instantly (before it used to take up a few seconds), the savegames load INSTANTLY (before it used to take up up to 15 seconds) which is amazing, the wardrobe and the clothes load faster now, and the animations now run smoothly, especially Cho's HJ/BJ which sometimes used to crash the game for me. All is great except...the girls' clothes' color... it's so weird.
press shift+g and start game and try other renderes like directx.

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
press shift+g and start game and try other renderes like directx.
Since my laptop is old, using a different render crashes the game. I assume it is now using "software rendering". If I choose another, the game might start, but as soon as I load a savegame, it crashes. That's what makes it all so weird. Game works fine, except for the girls' clothes' colors. I added a screenshot in my first post.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: F1forhalp
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes