cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Since my laptop is old, using a different render crashes the game. I assume it is now using "software rendering". If I choose another, the game might start, but as soon as I load a savegame, it crashes. That's what makes it all so weird. Game works fine, except for the girls' clothes' colors. I added a screenshot in my first post.
well your only choice is to upgrade to newer laptop which has amd or nvidia graphics. no need to be latest model just few years old is good enuf. also chibis or sprites?

does this ver also have feodisy mod?
nope, russian and feo were their own games like this is it's own game, she might get added someday but her sister is in game.

BADHELLBOYS

Jul 29, 2017
my phone was samsung galaxy 7, android 8, clean memories.
i spent 2 days, 28h to play.
and my save was only 6h38m.
so. . .
next update then.
it keep being crash, i have no idea why.
it not run the code or any thing. it just stop and quit. then i have to reload again and again. and i have to saving each of every morning.

Last edited:

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
well your only choice is to upgrade to newer laptop which has amd or nvidia graphics. no need to be latest model just few years old is good enuf. also chibis or sprites?
Sprites. Chibis work perfect. I've attached a screenshot of the issue in a previous reply of mine.
I can't get a new laptop at the moment, but it's really unfortunate and weird cuz the clothes' color is the only thing that doesn't work... well I recently realized that when playing the card duels I can't see the numbers on the borders of the cards, but I don't care about that.

The clothes' color issue also affect Hermione's sex scene. It's so weird seeing her with white hair and clothes, but her skin has color.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
my phone was samsung galaxy 7, android 8, clean memories.
android is always tricky since google keeps tinkering with it and newest renpy might not support that old android.

Sprites. Chibis work perfect. I've attached a screenshot of the issue in a previous reply of mine.
I can't get a new laptop at the moment, but it's really unfortunate and weird cuz the clothes' color is the only thing that doesn't work... well I recently realized that when playing the card duels I can't see the numbers on the borders of the cards, but I don't care about that.

The clothes' color issue also affect Hermione's sex scene. It's so weird seeing her with white hair and clothes, but her skin has color.
we can't help you more so better ask help on dev's discord.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018

The fact that it's only their clothes/hair is quite funny, your frustration aside. Stupid question, but have you tried to change their colouring in the wardrobe?

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Since my laptop is old, using a different render crashes the game. I assume it is now using "software rendering". If I choose another, the game might start, but as soon as I load a savegame, it crashes. That's what makes it all so weird. Game works fine, except for the girls' clothes' colors. I added a screenshot in my first post.
hmmm maybe it's helpful if you put up your log.txt, should be located in the game folder; Ren'Py generates it at game start and it does contain some details about the renderers used, too, like, what's been found by testing screen etc., which renderer is picked, what failed.

MrSafetyCache

Aug 17, 2017

At least it still plays for you! :D
I'm completely unable to play anymore I guess, my computers also too shit for the game to work now, and I'm also in no position to upgrade :'( ahhh well it was fun while it lasted

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
Stupid question, but have you tried to change their colouring in the wardrobe?
Yes. I had the same idea. I also tried changing their hair color. It also didn't work.

hmmm maybe it's helpful if you put up your log.txt

These are the settings that allow me to play the game pretty smoothly (for what I was used to):

sett.jpg

I'm completely unable to play anymore I guess, my computers also too shit for the game to work now, and I'm also in no position to upgrade :'( ahhh well it was fun while it lasted
The same happened to me 1-2 months ago. I resigned myself to just enjoy an older version (v1.39.4) until just out of curiosity I downloaded the most recent version and surprisingly it did work. I'm no expert by I think I realized you can force a new version game to use an old render used by an older version of the game, in my case I think it's Angle; so try running an older version of the game (that works fine for you), press Shift+G and check what render is using or try changing that and/or mess around with those settings, until hopefully the new version game works. Good luck!

Reactions: zwa

BADHELLBOYS

Jul 29, 2017
from an adroid player:
please!!! add the gallery. no need to unlock all or any thing. just need it there for motivate. 3day and 9h saved. i trully just want to uninstall this right now.
full save any one?

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
These are the settings that allow me to play the game pretty smoothly (for what I was used to):
ok had a first look at the errorlog, and thanks for the screenshot.
from what i've seen, the game insisted on the GLES OpenGL renderer which failed on just about everything. makes me wonder, since you are able to run win10 on that laptop. on your screenie, i see that you have neither, maybe try windowed mode, forced DirectX. i'm not too keen on the win10 fineprint, but your laptop seems newer than the PC i use to run H games on; that's on win7 and will stay there. you could try to run the game.exe in Compatibility mode (right click, properties) for Vista or win7, as a last resort. there may be a few settings you could disable for just this one file, like designs etc. and see if you find something useful. it's try and error.

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
the game insisted on the GLES OpenGL renderer which failed on just about everything. makes me wonder, since you are able to run win10 on that laptop.
My laptop is around 10-12 years old now. It came with Win7 but I always updated it. So you say that cuz I can run Win10 I should also be able to use that renderer? That makes this all weirder then.

try windowed mode, forced DirectX ... try to run the game.exe in Compatibility mode
I tried all that. I ran the game in Compatibility Mode (Win7), chose Directx in the game's Preferences/Visuals, and restarted the game. Now that crashes the game when I start/load a game AND summon someone. It also crashes if I try checking Preferences/Visuals (as soon as I click on the Visuals tab). The only way to fix this is by changing the renderer using an older version of the game.

Clipboard.jpg

there may be a few settings you could disable for just this one file, like designs etc.
Designs? What's that about? Where do I find it?

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
My laptop is around 10-12 years old now. It came with Win7 but I always updated it. So you say that cuz I can run Win10 I should also be able to use that renderer? That makes this all weirder then.

I tried all that. I ran the game in Compatibility Mode (Win7), chose Directx in the game's Preferences/Visuals, and restarted the game. Now that crashes the game when I start/load a game AND summon someone. It also crashes if I try checking Preferences/Visuals (as soon as I click on the Visuals tab). The only way to fix this is by changing the renderer using an older version of the game.

View attachment 1523935

Designs? What's that about? Where do I find it?
oh that's in the compatibility tab, not certain what of it all shows in win10, but there are more options than just the run in win7 etc, there should be a "run as Admin", a "Disable visual designs", a "force 640x480" etc. i just don't have any idea which of the options they ripped out creating the infamous windoze "this is our final" 10.
one more came to mind, there used to be a tool called the "Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit" downloadable at MS site; there's a "Compatibility Administrator" part of it coming both 32 and 64 bit. fair chance that works on win10.

..dang i really should put a thread with my personal tools list for the daily annoyed windoze user.

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
oh that's in the compatibility tab, not certain what of it all shows in win10, but there are more options than just the run in win7 etc, there should be a "run as Admin", a "Disable visual designs", a "force 640x480" etc.
I have these options and tried them all, except the ones disabled of course, and still had the same issue with the game:

Clipboard01.jpg

If I try the 32bits version of the game, I can enable the "Reduce color mode" and "Run in 640x480" but still doesn't solve the problem, the girls clothes and hair are still white. I guess I'll just hope this gets fixed for me in future versions of the game. Thanks for you help anyways.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I have these options and tried them all, except the ones disabled of course, and still had the same issue with the game:

If I try the 32bits version of the game, I can enable the "Reduce color mode" and "Run in 640x480" but still doesn't solve the problem, the girls clothes and hair are still white. I guess I'll just hope this gets fixed for me in future versions of the game. Thanks for you help anyways.
that's odd, really. maybe it has something to do with their optimising, if you did the "older version" fix there may be something wrong with the overhauled coloring or clothes altogether, if they changed something in that path or any reference, naming, file versions you name it.. it can cause some mismatch which the new Ren'Py version the 1.4x are shipped with just doesn't catch. that way you get blanks and no error message.

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, that was what I was saying that people are ignoring in order to argue against me because internet.

I'm not against the subplot. But there was no reason whatsoever to give it to Luna. Create a new character who is dom, and then you have a new girl AND you can play both girls without having to reset Luna.

It's a win/win. It's not hypocritical to want more. I'm not sure what people are objecting to.
I've answered this question a couple times but I get that it's a bit hard to find information in forum threads.

The Slytherin Luna didn't work that well, as mentioned in the thread. Something like that would fit a lot better for an actual Slytherin girl. It had a lot of conflicting plot within it as well apart from the general premise, she was supposed to act like a Slytherin but then it also had bits with her father's magazine which didn't fit very well with the Slytherin premise and it was hard to get a grip of what her character was supposed to be.

Main reason it was cut was because having a complete character change like that in a game which has non-linear progression meant that Luna could not be included anywhere else. You can have checks and alternate small writing to account for sluttyness sure but not complete character personality change. Also as an introduction it gives you a bad impression of her real character which has a lot more potential and uniqueness compared to any other "minor" character in Hogwarts.

"Dom/Sub Luna" was directly tied into "Slytherin Luna". It would check for certain choices you did during that branch and affect how she acted during the "Wrackspurt" route. Even then, those bits were very out of character and different compared to her and Genie's normal behaviour and in Luna's case only worked because things had changed in her head from having had the hat mess with her head. Keeping Dom Luna in it's current form at least didn't really work, perhaps we could consider some alternate writing in the future which checks for dialogue options for a more passive approach from genie but it'd need to build up to that.

After a lot of consideration, we opted for giving her an earlier introduction in the game as we couldn't work with her old code. Her previous art also used a lot of photoshop edits and traced Akabur art which is not something we're comfortable with and have avoided doing for the past 2-3 years. We hope that in time it will show that the positives outweigh the negatives. Luna both having more of a progression that doesn't start off with masturbating and the possibility of her her to show up in other places as her personalities wouldn't be split.

The masturbate favour which is the one currently re-integrated in the game from the old ones still has a lot of the old writing. I used it as a base but expanded on it. I can only apologize about it taking some time for us to get there, we're a small team and a lot of characters were introduced without a conclusion or wasn't done in a way to work well with each other. So it takes a bit of time both to get underlying code up to scratch, planning and get art to a stage that we're happy with and what players would expect. We're currently commissioning a new artist since August which has helped a ton as we're otherwise only 2 people working on the project. So thanks for the support in that front to everyone supporting the project. I know that our process is a bit different to most projects. We try to expand in places as we get better ourselves and what we're able to do expands. One thing recently being more Rooms.

In summary, a lot has opened up with what we can do with Luna with the rework. I hesitate to talk about it too much publicly cause people start expecting it in a near future. Reality is that with so many lose ends that was left open for other characters, a big focus is put on tying thing together with the corruption progression (Potions for example). So we do need to jump between characters a fair bit as people always want more of each one so focusing on one character for too long would disappoint a portion of our players.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We try to read people's opinions but as with anything like a project like this, there's a lot of it.

Last edited:

jjzone789

Jul 6, 2020
if they changed something in that path or any reference, naming, file versions you name it.. it can cause some mismatch which the new Ren'Py version the 1.4x are shipped with just doesn't catch. that way you get blanks and no error message.
I'm not sure if I understood you well but I checked and the paths are the same:

1.jpg

Here as an example, the only difference being "top" to "tops" but if I change the folder's name, the game crashes, can't even start. The files are excatly the same.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: F1forhalp

blarg0192

Mar 10, 2018
I've answered this question a couple times but I get that it's a bit hard to find information in forum threads.

The Slytherin Luna didn't work that well, as mentioned in the thread. Something like that would fit a lot better for an actual Slytherin girl. It had a lot of conflicting plot within it as well apart from the general premise, she was supposed to act like a Slytherin but then it also had bits with her father's magazine which didn't fit very well with the Slytherin premise and it was hard to get a grip of what her character was supposed to be.

Main reason it was cut was because having a complete character change like that in a game which has non-linear progression meant that Luna could not be included anywhere else. You can have checks and alternate small writing to account for sluttyness sure but not complete character personality change. Also as an introduction it gives you a bad impression of her real character which has a lot more potential and uniqueness compared to any other "minor" character in Hogwarts.

"Dom/Sub Luna" was directly tied into "Slytherin Luna". It would check for certain choices you did during that branch and affect how she acted during the "Wrackspurt" route. Even then, those bits were very out of character and different compared to her and Genie's normal behaviour and in Luna's case only worked because things had changed in her head from having had the hat mess with her head. Keeping Dom Luna in it's current form at least didn't really work, perhaps we could consider some alternate writing in the future which checks for dialogue options for a more passive approach from genie but it'd need to build up to that.

After a lot of consideration, we opted for giving her an earlier introduction in the game as we couldn't work with her old code. Her previous art also used a lot of photoshop edits and traced Akabur art which is not something we're comfortable with and have avoided doing for the past 2-3 years. We hope that in time it will show that the positives outweigh the negatives. Luna both having more of a progression that doesn't start off with masturbating and the possibility of her her to show up in other places as her personalities wouldn't be split.

The masturbate favour which is the one currently re-integrated in the game from the old ones still has a lot of the old writing. I used it as a base but expanded on it. I can only apologize about it taking some time for us to get there, we're a small team and a lot of characters were introduced without a conclusion or wasn't done in a way to work well with each other. So it takes a bit of time both to get underlying code up to scratch, planning and get art to a stage that we're happy with and what players would expect. We're currently commissioning a new artist since August which has helped a ton as we're otherwise only 2 people working on the project. So thanks for the support in that front to everyone supporting the project. I know that our process is a bit different to most projects. We try to expand in places as we get better ourselves and what we're able to do expands. One thing recently being more Rooms.

In summary, a lot has opened up with what we can do with Luna with the rework. I hesitate to talk about it too much publicly cause people start expecting it in a near future. Reality is that with so many lose ends that was left open for other characters, a big focus is put on tying thing together with the corruption progression (Potions for example). So we do need to jump between characters a fair bit as people always want more of each one so focusing on one character for too long would disappoint a portion of our players.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We try to read people's opinions but as with anything like a project like this, there's a lot of it.

I was a big fan of Dom Luna but that makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining

namhoang909

Apr 22, 2017
one of my favorite feature in this game is the part they introduced that girl dress in card deck got more revealing the more duel you won.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes