F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Is there a gallery (apart from the one where you can view the ending) I would like to view some scenes again(like the quidich matches)
since Ren'Py allows lots, tons, of saves without complaining, my solution to things i want replayable is, to have some extra saves for scenes, starting somewhat remote on like page5+ of the saves, while operation actual game progress from saves on pages 1 and 2 (not that much branching so don't have to keep many saves).

There is a Library Site with a lot of modded wardrobe that I wish someone brave and noble one could made mod to include all of that clothes. (The site is this: )
hmmm maybe you head to the Requests section of the forum, and put up a request for a "Witch Trainer Silver Mod Dressup mod", of sorts? it's not really my kind of thing with lots of clothes to swap, but some people seem to like it. maybe someone's already working on such a thing, who knows.

Reactions: Rayter

lupar

Oct 7, 2018
There is a Library Site with a lot of modded wardrobe that I wish someone brave and noble one could made mod to include all of that clothes. (The site is this: )
this is clothing from a very old build, somewhere around 1.2, I think. all the clothing would have to be made from scratch to be compatible with the current build. especially as they have changed/updated the character models. I remember this being discussed 1 or 2 years ago.

Reactions: Rayter

0uTitip4t

Jul 21, 2023
Hi all,
I played the game using cheats at max and at this point it seems I cannot go further.
I had read all the books, try all the potions on Hermione at least once and filled all personal favours from everybody, as long I can do it.
Tonks is Favour tier max and so are Hermione and Cho, and Snape is at Friendship max.
But I'm still at Favour tier 3 for Luna, and 1 for Astoria and it seems I can go further but I don't see how.
Eitherway I don't see the "Forest" or "Lake zone" on the marauder's map, idem for the dormitories. Maybe that is the problem, and maybe I just filled the game at this point.
Any tips ?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hmmm maybe you head to the Requests section of the forum, and put up a request for a "Witch Trainer Silver Mod Dressup mod", of sorts? it's not really my kind of thing with lots of clothes to swap, but some people seem to like it. maybe someone's already working on such a thing, who knows.
wts extras pack used to do that.

Hi all,
I played the game using cheats at max and at this point it seems I cannot go further.
I had read all the books, try all the potions on Hermione at least once and filled all personal favours from everybody, as long I can do it.
Tonks is Favour tier max and so are Hermione and Cho, and Snape is at Friendship max.
But I'm still at Favour tier 3 for Luna, and 1 for Astoria and it seems I can go further but I don't see how.
Eitherway I don't see the "Forest" or "Lake zone" on the marauder's map, idem for the dormitories. Maybe that is the problem, and maybe I just filled the game at this point.
Any tips ?
which version? if latest then doubt you can go further with luna and no lake or forest on this version. i'd say you have completed this version until next update.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: F1forhalp

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
wts extras pack used to do that.
no i was more thinking of a mod really mainly focused on clothes and less on lewd stuff :D was only half serious there. i'm not aware of such, but haven't put effort into searching. still not my thang.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no i was more thinking of a mod really mainly focused on clothes and less on lewd stuff :D was only half serious there. i'm not aware of such, but haven't put effort into searching. still not my thang.
extras pack was clothes mod before it's demise. originally it added daphne to game but then it became struggle and became clothes mod.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
extras pack was clothes mod before it's demise. originally it added daphne to game but then it became struggle and became clothes mod.
haven't checked that thread for quite a while, last i've read there had been ongoing compatibility issues, what with original WTS going through code changes.. didn't follow it after that. no idea if they found a way to sort it out. if they didn't get the Greengrass part to work, or ditched it, for me no point to follow them anymore; i'm interested in content.
there's plenty of clothes in the original WTS. :cautious:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
haven't checked that thread for quite a while, last i've read there had been ongoing compatibility issues, what with original WTS going through code changes.. didn't follow it after that. no idea if they found a way to sort it out. if they didn't get the Greengrass part to work, or ditched it, for me no point to follow them anymore; i'm interested in content.
there's plenty of clothes in the original WTS. :cautious:
yea extras pack got abandoned last year and not compatible with currents wts.

G3rie

Apr 24, 2020
I'm also on Android and it always crashes after leaving the wardrobe of Hermione not to mention the load time.

SenMizeri

Sep 23, 2021
I'm the developer, and trust me, I know exactly what my code does. But hey, if you want to get some help, just share your PC specs with me, and maybe we'll be able to figure it out?
Developer or not, when the wardrobe does the exact same function, yet squirts it out at a snails pace compared to previous versions, then you can't point the finger at hardware - it worked fine before, it's the same thing, but at a much lower quality (at least it has a loading screen though hey?).

Honestly, change it back, because you're cutting off lower specs from being able to play the game - it worked fine before, there's no need for this change. You've lowered the quality of the game just to up the aesthetics (a blooming loading screen). Rework the wardrobe, so it can play on low specs (like it could previously with no difficulty), because there is literally no friggin need to cut of gamers with low specs just for a loading screen icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: chichong

senfmann

Jan 12, 2018
Hmph, playing through it again? I thought saves are supposed to be forwards-compatible for a while now... Anyone got some? Especially Cho.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Developer or not, when the wardrobe does the exact same function, yet squirts it out at a snails pace compared to previous versions, then you can't point the finger at hardware - it worked fine before, it's the same thing, but at a much lower quality (at least it has a loading screen though hey?).

Honestly, change it back, because you're cutting off lower specs from being able to play the game - it worked fine before, there's no need for this change. You've lowered the quality of the game just to up the aesthetics (a blooming loading screen). Rework the wardrobe, so it can play on low specs (like it could previously with no difficulty), because there is literally no friggin need to cut of gamers with low specs just for a loading screen icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I don't think I will.

What happened to the book, Hermione used to hold under her chest. was that removed?

View attachment 2801772
That's still very much a part of the intro sequences for Hermione.

• Haha
Reactions: SenPC and Livvy

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
like i stated, there's no bottleneck traceable in my system; peak is CPU usage (3 of 4 cores, 35% -ish) on game start.. and the HD in use is like 14 months old, that's not really a mentionable age.
well, incoming tech babble, so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR; Try disabling multithreading in preferences, and increase image cache.

___

It took me a while to gather the information I needed to present my case, and gather my thoughts; I'll try to address the points made.

If you're using a processor that's more than 8 years old, like the FX-4100 released in 2011, it may not be the best choice for modern games. This is because older processors may not have enough cores or the latest architecture to handle the demands of today's games effectively.

The FX-4100 was marketed as a quad-core processor, but it actually only has two physical cores with a technology called "SMT" that tries to simulate four cores. However, it's not as effective as having four true cores, and as a result, it may struggle to keep up with the tasks that are designed to take advantage of multiple cores for better performance.

Since the FX-4100 is over 12 years old, it may not be able to handle newer and more CPU-intensive tasks efficiently. While it might work fine with some less demanding games, you might experience reduced performance and a less enjoyable gaming experience with newer titles.

The developer of the Ren'py engine provides support only for hardware released in the last 8 years. As a game developer using their engine, I've chosen to follow the same approach and offer support for devices within that 8-year range.

Witch Trainer Silver goes beyond the typical Ren'py games that use only rasterised images. We've incorporated numerous advanced features like matrixes, shaders, and other techniques to bring our ideas to life. While I prioritize performance, it's important to acknowledge that optimizing the game for low-end PCs has its limitations. Despite my best efforts, there may be constraints in achieving optimal performance on such old hardware.

I've recently implemented multithreading to enhance performance on modern hardware. However, I understand that older hardware might not be compatible with threading, as I explained earlier. To accommodate this, I've included a multithreading toggle in the game's preferences under the 'visuals' tab. If you encounter any issues with threading on your system, you can easily disable it using this option.

Regarding the rest of your machine, the main limitation I observe is the use of an HDD instead of an SSD, but unfortunately, there's no way to resolve this without upgrading your hardware. On a positive note, your GPU is more than capable of handling most tasks effectively.

With that said, I'm always willing to work on further optimizing the game, but please bear in mind that I'm a single person, and there are limits to my time, knowledge, and abilities.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes