4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Anyone else having issues with no voices? I copied the folder from the standard version to the dlc.
Yeah everything seems to be working but the voices.

When we copy the base game files are we supposed to let it overwrite stuff? Logically you shouldn't want the old stuff overwriting the new. I've never seen DLC done this way, peculiar.

kangnuonuo

Oct 8, 2017
Hey guys I found the fix, so after copying the base content files to the DLC folder, extract the DLC again and have it overwrite as well. Not sure but I don't think you were supposed to overwrite the DLC files with the base game files and yeah, voices work for me now.

May 13, 2021
Yeah everything seems to be working but the voices.

When we copy the base game files are we supposed to let it overwrite stuff? Logically you shouldn't want the old stuff overwriting the new. I've never seen DLC done this way, peculiar.
you're not supposed to replace the content folder, you're just supposed to add it

Curly Bruce

Aug 3, 2017
You aren't meant to overwrite anything. You literally just need the "Content" folder from the base game in the same directory as the "ContentFME" folder. That said, even if you copy it all into the ContentFME folder and choose not to overwrite it works fine so it probably checks the ContentFME folder first, then the base Content folder before throwing an error. I can confirm this works because this is what I did before reading the Manual files.

Also if you aren't hearing voices but you aren't seeing a "Voice data not found" error on screen then it isn't a problem with missing data, it's something else (make sure your volume settings aren't turned off for Voices). If the Content folder and the ContentFME folder are in the same base directory the only error you should get is during the "First Time" scene where the BGM data is apparently missing.

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah but Windows does the whole "replace files with the same name" thing.
There's nothing to replace.

You're supposed to place the Content folder next to the ContentFME folder in the DLC's folder

Look at the image. After moving it, the "Content" folder ends up to the left to the "ContentFME folder". NOTHING IS BEING REPLACED.

RJ294502_img_smp5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Iambob

Curly Bruce

Aug 3, 2017
So I dug through the XML scripts to see what BGM file the "First Time" scene was calling for and it is looking for bgm_vgn which doesn't exist. If you want to remove the error from your screen you can just copy your bgm of choice and rename the duplicate "bgm_vgn" to get rid of the error message and set the mood music to whatever you like (if you enjoy the smooth jazz of the error music you can just duplicate the bgm_notFound audio).

For reference all of these are found in ContentFME/sound/bgm.

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
When copying and pasting the old content folder into the new one, make sure NOT to overwrite stuff, otherwise there will be no voice.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Wait wtf is this doing in new releases? This isn't new, it's half a decade old.

From creator's page:
1671129575378.png

From this post:
1671129603452.png

Edit: Oooh the DLC is new.

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
So I dug through the XML scripts to see what BGM file the "First Time" scene was calling for and it is looking for bgm_vgn which doesn't exist. If you want to remove the error from your screen you can just copy your bgm of choice and rename the duplicate "bgm_vgn" to get rid of the error message and set the mood music to whatever you like (if you enjoy the smooth jazz of the error music you can just duplicate the bgm_notFound audio).

For reference all of these are found in ContentFME/sound/bgm.
The missing bgm_vgn is here

Download the zip from the link and place the bgm_vgn file inside into the ContentFME folder

EDIT: Frankly, someone should add this patch and the into the OP, so that people stop asking about bugs every single page of this thread (coz nobody uses the search function, apparently).

Last edited:

Curly Bruce

Aug 3, 2017
The missing bgm_vgn is here
The reason it was missing is actually kind of hilarious and ironic.

That said, no offense to the developer but you can tell it was from an older unused audio track considering the quality is noticeably lower. Personally, I'm gonna stick with the smooth jazz (it grew on me as I fapped before I figured out how to fix the error message) but thanks for providing a link to the fix.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes