Ren'Py Womb Raider: The Prey [Ch. 1] [Romirom]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well, it's nice to see something that does not use the crystal dynamics design. I get why it's used, easier to find high quality models of it but it just never felt like Lara to me.

Jun 11, 2018
Just finished it. I do like the overall feel of the game, but it doesn't fulfill it's full potential. I would prefer to see more of Lara getting tamed by the monster guy instead of just cutting to the end.

darksorrow

Jul 24, 2017
Just my two cents... Renders look good, there's no real "storyline" yet so I can't comment on that too much. In general I did like the "feel" of the game, but god D*MN why did you have to make it so that he puts her to sleep in that position? XD It's not like he needed to lol (forced sex fantasy here, I was so hopeful seeing her stuck like that :D)

In any case, the only "major" suggestion that I would give you for the game is that you need to have longer (in terms of renders) sex scenes... having 3-4 renders sex scenes honestly did not even feel like "sex", let alone a "scene". Try to drag it out a bit by adding more renders with more movement or an extra angle or two. :)

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
Dev never claimed it to be War and Peace, or even extensive or long. Such complaints smacks of hetero gamers going into gay games' threads and whining about gay content.
Developer Notes:
Hey guys, this is my first game/vn. It's very short but still took me quite some time. Please enjoy and leave some feedback for me to improve. I have planned a few games/vn and I'm excited to share them with you in the future.
Complaining about the length of this novel is indeed very rude beside the fact that you can find more information about that in the "Developer Notes" box.

I never made a secret out of it :)

Lunasky

Sep 1, 2017
As the developer states, its a very short game. This one is structured for a quick, and linear experience. Being a Ren'py game, you could almost guess where you would have some QTE/ decision making options IF the author decided to include them. The renders are great, The sex scene is short fun, and the end result shows this type of game/ idea has potential if the author decided to continue.

With that aside, personally I feel the game is too short even for a test/ demo, due to its pacing. There is more build up in the timing it takes for introduction of the scene, and the transition into the problem scenario compared to the ending playing out. The last few lines were so cut and dry it's like slamming the brakes as soon as you reach that nice driving speed. Had the author played out the final scene a bit better by writing more details in general I think it wouldve brought the game to an end with much more ease since its just a standalone path. Maybe more involving being dragged/carried away, or the progression of the pregnancy. Perhaps his semen or the pregnancy effects her mind like an aphrodisiac, bending to his will and thats how he knows she is now his. She couldve adopted a maternal mindset due to this scene. Perhaps its a mindbreak and more time passes. She could even escape but now feels more influenced by this event. An itch at the back of her mind wanting to return, polluting her thoughts and emotions but she continues further into the temple anyways. Followed by a "To be Continued?".

Anything that would wrap up the scene allowing the author's audience to possibly want more. Tomb raider can go in so many directions. From Mercenaries/Tribesmen, Animals/ Mythical Creatures, Supernatural/Deity, etc. Just up to the author to choose.

chawuciren71

Nov 19, 2019
Why Lara get stuck and then again poison dart her?
Why human but horse penis?
Why all capital?
I didn't get it. I was in awe.

Greebz

Oct 10, 2020
Please rename this to Demo and rework it. While I like the ark, go ahead and let us control the monster as the player. Give us the decisions. Otherwise its a very short comic strip in a game engine. Maybe give us now the option to play further with the now impregnated Lara. Pregnant sex, further forced breeding or she becomes a willing participant due to getting addicted idk. Let us play at least something my man! Other than that I love breeding games!

Reactions: jdw6 and nogling

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
As the developer states, its a very short game. This one is structured for a quick, and linear experience. Being a Ren'py game, you could almost guess where you would have some QTE/ decision making options IF the author decided to include them. The renders are great, The sex scene is short fun, and the end result shows this type of game/ idea has potential if the author decided to continue.

With that aside, personally I feel the game is too short even for a test/ demo, due to its pacing. There is more build up in the timing it takes for introduction of the scene, and the transition into the problem scenario compared to the ending playing out. The last few lines were so cut and dry it's like slamming the brakes as soon as you reach that nice driving speed. Had the author played out the final scene a bit better by writing more details in general I think it wouldve brought the game to an end with much more ease since its just a standalone path. Maybe more involving being dragged/carried away, or the progression of the pregnancy. Perhaps his semen or the pregnancy effects her mind like an aphrodisiac, bending to his will and thats how he knows she is now his. She couldve adopted a maternal mindset due to this scene. Perhaps its a mindbreak and more time passes. She could even escape but now feels more influenced by this event. An itch at the back of her mind wanting to return, polluting her thoughts and emotions but she continues further into the temple anyways. Followed by a "To be Continued?".

Anything that would wrap up the scene allowing the author's audience to possibly want more. Tomb raider can go in so many directions. From Mercenaries/Tribesmen, Animals/ Mythical Creatures, Supernatural/Deity, etc. Just up to the author to choose.
Thank you very much for your review. I will try to explain why it seems so „off“ to some people.
It’s my first experience working with Renpy and for all of you who might know me from pixiv or subscribestar, I’m a 3d artist. That’s why you read some comments about „render looks good but…“

My renders got better over the years and I started to make small stories without dialogue including 2-5 images where the viewer mostly understands what is going on without needing some sort of textbox.

This time I wanted to make a longer scene. However it ended up to be over 50 images which wouldn’t make any sense without dialogue. So I decided to go for renpy because it’s great for beginners and making novels.

like I said before this won’t be the end of the line. I will make more content for my next project and your feedback is much appreciated.

I do rendering, story and renpy scripting all on my own while I have a real life so please always keep that in mind :)

Reactions: Nulldev
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes