JakabP

Aug 26, 2017
i have a problem with animations: 1615784703461.png
Also i have no idea how to assign tasks. In the world map the help says press 1-2-3... buttons to open different menus, but noting happens. Please help

I had some bug, now it works, i can assign tasks.

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Starting a new game... nameing the save file... and than Black screen.
Sorry but I fail to see how a fix for an advanced save like you describe it in that post would change anything unless the very start of the game is bugging out
What do you mean by "naming the save file"?
You just need to copy the save folder of the old version to the new one.
If you don't have any old saves, start the game, make a first save and then add the downloaded saves without renaming them.
If you want to rename a downloaded save, first add it without renaming, load it and make a new save of your own with your name.
Try this procedure, it might work.

lanten

Jun 30, 2017
I'm stuck on a quest: The Survivors
"[Step van and 20 gas units need to be in the shelter storage, Ai don't check the squad inventory]"
How to understand this? Where is the shelter storage?
Oh yes. Saves don't work

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I'm stuck on a quest: The Survivors
"[Step van and 20 gas units need to be in the shelter storage, Ai don't check the squad inventory]"
How to understand this? Where is the shelter storage?
Oh yes. Saves don't work
On this screen -
1615934739314.png

With the mining car highlighted, that's your scavenging/crafting inventory. The right side of the bar is what's in the squad, the left is what's in the shelter. Make sure you have 20 units of gas on the LEFT.

Click the TANK at the top to see the vehicles in your inventory. Again, left side is your shelter, right side is the squad. Make sure the Step Van is on the LEFT.

But when you actually start the mission, you have to move the van to the squad (right), so don't forget or you will just be walking (which will take forever).

This could be a little more convenient, but oh well...

It also wouldn't hurt if the sides were LABELLED or something, but again: Oh well...

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
What is the magic for the game to work on a mac? Many people can't play on a Mac.
I don't know... but this is my system if it helps anyone:
Snip20210204_1.png
This is a pretty robust laptop, but I have not switched to Catalina yet because I have some very high end 3D graphics applications that may have issues and right now is not the time to experiment. That's a 4TB SSD too, so no disk lag.
Good luck!

Reactions: CrazyForgeStudio

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
What do you mean by "naming the save file"?
You just need to copy the save folder of the old version to the new one.
If you don't have any old saves, start the game, make a first save and then add the downloaded saves without renaming them.
If you want to rename a downloaded save, first add it without renaming, load it and make a new save of your own with your name.
Try this procedure, it might work.
I am not trying to play someone else Save file.
I am trying to start a New game, a game pop up tells me to give a name to my save file, than asks me wether or not I want to skip ahead to day 3.
I refuse and am trapped in a black screen.

CrazyForgeStudio

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
I am not trying to play someone else Save file.
I am trying to start a New game, a game pop up tells me to give a name to my save file, than asks me wether or not I want to skip ahead to day 3.
I refuse and am trapped in a black screen.
Have you tried clicking on the dialog box at the bottom of the screen to advance the dialog?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Have you tried clicking on the dialog box at the bottom of the screen to advance the dialog?
There is no dialogue...
the last thing I see is a Pop up window asking wether or not I want to advance to day 3... I click no and there is nothing but a black screen.
Even clicking blindly into the black void does nothing

CrazyForgeStudio

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
There is no dialogue...
the last thing I see is a Pop up window asking wether or not I want to advance to day 3... I click no and there is nothing but a black screen.
Even clicking blindly into the black void does nothing
Maybe there is something on your pc that is blocking or that is missing for the game does not work properly, the antivirus maybe.

The game creates the save file when you start a new game and if something is wrong this happens, the game needs permission to save the files, but the game does not ask for permission, if you put the game in a place on the computer that needs permission to save the files, you can save the files.

I just downloaded here from the link here f95, open the game, and made a new save, did not jump to The third day., and worked without problems, At least here on my windows 10.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Maybe there is something on your pc that is blocking or that is missing for the game does not work properly, the antivirus maybe.

The game creates the save file when you start a new game and if something is wrong this happens, the game needs permission to save the files, but the game does not ask for permission, if you put the game in a place on the computer that needs permission to save the files, you can save the files.

I just downloaded here from the link here f95, open the game, and made a new save, did not jump to The third day., and worked without problems, At least here on my windows 10.
My AV did not show any actions in the Log and I tried running the game from my usual playdrive.
I don't have these Problems with any other Unity game either, yet I didn't run the game on a Windows 10.
At minimum I'd expect either graphic bugs or error reports... even a crash, but nothing it happening.

hmm...just checked the Log... it seems the Video format the game is trying to run is not supported
WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b4 while reading */World After War_Data/sharedassets2.resource

Context: Setting media type for first video stream

I remember there were issues with Unity supporting animations in older OS after an Update recently, but it never caused entire black screens... just displaying animations as still pictures... gues this means this game is ONLY working for Windows 10 Users

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I remember there were issues with Unity supporting animations in older OS after an Update recently, but it never caused entire black screens... just displaying animations as still pictures... gues this means this game is ONLY working for Windows 10 Users
I've played it with Win 7 till last month and no problem at all.
Remember what game ask you is not a save file name but a folder name, you can imput your name if you want. I'll add you an example i named Max.
Please check if the game has created the folder with your input in the Save folder of the game.

tomylee001001

Oct 26, 2020
i finished all the quests that can be finished and the rest are tagged as coming soon but i cant do any action for samantha, mary and michele other than "kiss" and "hug" is it not implemented yet even though there are options or am i missing something?

Reactions: Django1968

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I've played it with Win 7 till last month and no problem at all.
Remember what game ask you is not a save file name but a folder name, you can imput your name if you want. I'll add you an example i named Max.
Please check if the game has created the folder with your input in the Save folder of the game.
also at CrazyForgeStudio
So I found the issue with the "black screen" which is apparently a bug caused by wrongly scaleing the game.
I use a 22'' Monitor and tried to play the game with maximum resolution the Monitor supports (also default setting on game start).
Frameless Fullscreen with 1680x1050 : 60 Hz... but 1/3 of the gamescreen is not displayed on the screen... I have to downscale the resolution to 1280x720 : 60 Hz in order to see the entire screen in Fullscreen mode.
which means my black screen was caused by the Textbox being off screen.

Next issue I have is that the game treats my latest Save as Autosave... which means it's overwritten by any action I take... so if I load an older save and not directly create a new save that save will be overwritten over and over again, destroying the purpose of a backfall save in case my management causes a game over later on.

Those things make enjoying the game hard... not impossible since the gameplay is very intriguing but still makes it hard to enjoy.

Also Animations don't play on Windows 7... I see the controllers for them but It's always a black screen ... useing the controlls to cum advances the scene though

Last edited:

serpent001

Jul 25, 2020
can somebody tell me. should i bring girl with me on scavenger run ? is it make me gather more item or gather faster?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
CrazyForgeStudio after playing as far as I can get with the current Version I have a small suggestion for you in order to reduce the grind at the start giving Players a chance to settle into the game and learning the basics with less pressure to survive...

The Shelter had been still under construction which is also the reason why the Player is hard pressed to research and Upgrade it constantly... so it shouldn't be surprising to find some tools like a screwdriver and a crowbar... heck even a Blowtorch in the Area (also in order to create a "Full Blowtorch" you should add "Gasoline" to the requirement list... or maybe 50 Carbon in order to synthetise Propane gas with the Replicator...let alone that a Blowtorch shouldn't break after the first use.... so maybe make it change to "Empty Blowtorch", which would allow the Players to refill it with "Gasoline" or Propane gas/50 Carbon in the Factory).
AI could give those to the Player and advice him to dismantle the chambers they woke up from in order to gain some direly needed resources, so they can concentrate on researching and constructing things for awhile (currently you need to research and construct factory Level 1 for this) as a reward for the first scavange mission where you are supposed to visit the 2 Warehouses in the area.... a good explanation could be that AI used the time the Player was out (if I remember correctly it takes up to 21:xx in order to visit and search both locations and return to base on foot) to search the base for anything usefull and found the Stuff on Level C.
Also allow the dismantlement of the other woken peoples chambers same as the MCs in order to gain more resources (maybe leave the +1 Fuse spots out), as each time someone wakes up you are hard pressed to improve Water, Food and Energy Production by a margin.
Since the chambers don't have any food or water it just allows you to build the buildings to produce those easier and make starvation or dehydration less likely.

Last edited:

asa7

Mar 21, 2021
could someone send me a guide that isnt a mega link and is a pdf. also it would be nice to be able to read it when i zoom in.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
tried replaying the game after a long time, animations dont work, all i get is black screen. at best i get a slide show with the cum option, i played this a year or so ago and it did not have this problem at the time. tried looking up how to fix, but only found people asking about this for the last year, best answer was to play at fullscreen, which did nothing for me, no screen option did.

so i guess i gotta way a few years to see if the problem gets fixed somehow, or if someone finds a way to circumvent it.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
tried replaying the game after a long time, animations dont work, all i get is black screen. at best i get a slide show with the cum option, i played this a year or so ago and it did not have this problem at the time. tried looking up how to fix, but only found people asking about this for the last year, best answer was to play at fullscreen, which did nothing for me, no screen option did.

so i guess i gotta way a few years to see if the problem gets fixed somehow, or if someone finds a way to circumvent it.
Let me gues... you don't use the latest Version of Win 10?
Unity Updated it's videoplayer engine which broke compatibility with older OS apparently.
Have seen this in plenty of the latest Unity games... however several Devs fixed this by converting to a different Videoformat.
Not sure how CrazyForgeStudio intends to fix this... if at all

2.60 star(s) 62 Votes