Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Egads.. you really didn't do any research before you decided to include the word poly in your game did you? Because damn.. this ain't it. I'll just stick with the selfish elf girl for myself route.
Read up a couple replies. That path has some broken coding, I haven't played through that far yet to check but it's very possible that the wrong content is playing if the dev used the wrong conditions for the pathing.

Reactions: Lerd0

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I think currently it's just skippable but it would be a small thing to go through and make them declineable like some of the other scenes. Low on my priority list right now but if I have extra time, I'll see what I can do.
thanks for an honest answer to that unfortunately i probably wouldn't be interested unless a change was made good luck with he game

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Dammit I thought I fixed all of those. I'll have to take another pass.

Conversations with Eshtel and Chiara don't make sense if you pick the poly path. They all seem based on Chiara and Eshtel being exclusive so not sure if the tests are wrong or if you want to take another pass at the text to make it more poly friendly? Right now it's not even close to poly.. it's not even ENM.

Oh.. for context I'm talking about conversations after you give the lower bracelet. When you talk to Esthel when she is filling out forms for the other girl to leave and then when you talk to Chiara to get her help with talking to the dryad for the panic attack
I introduced a choice as a result of complaints that the player was forced to give Eshtel away to Chiara. The conditional dialogue probably still needs some work, as the original scenes weren't written with this in mind. Will most likely end up revisiting and making it make more sense.

thanks for an honest answer to that unfortunately i probably wouldn't be interested unless a change was made good luck with he game
Sweet. Less work for me. If one tiny thing like that is gonna make you miss out on a game with 49 different love interests to pursue, I ain't the dev you're looking for lol. Best of luck.

Read up a couple replies. That path has some broken coding, I haven't played through that far yet to check but it's very possible that the wrong content is playing if the dev used the wrong conditions for the pathing.
I'll probably make a pass over the dialogue and smooth it out a bit, but at this point the only reason the path exists is so people don't feel bad about cucking Chiara out of being able to date Eshtel. If people wanna complain about that, whatever. I'm okay with not pleasing everyone. Can't make every little bit of the game perfect, and perfection is subjective based on perspective. What's perfect for one player may ruin the game for the next.

That being said, I thought I got all the syntax bugs out of the way. I must have missed one. Which is odd, because I played through the entirety of the new Season 1 myself over and over till no more errors showed on my side. No idea how I missed one.

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022

I introduced a choice as a result of complaints that the player was forced to give Eshtel away to Chiara. The conditional dialogue probably still needs some work, as the original scenes weren't written with this in mind. Will most likely end up revisiting and making it make more sense.

Sweet. Less work for me. If one tiny thing like that is gonna make you miss out on a game with 49 different love interests to pursue, I ain't the dev you're looking for lol. Best of luck.

I'll probably make a pass over the dialogue and smooth it out a bit, but at this point the only reason the path exists is so people don't feel bad about cucking Chiara out of being able to date Eshtel. If people wanna complain about that, whatever. I'm okay with not pleasing everyone. Can't make every little bit of the game perfect, and perfection is subjective based on perspective. What's perfect for one player may ruin the game for the next.

That being said, I thought I got all the syntax bugs out of the way. I must have missed one. Which is odd, because I played through the entirety of the new Season 1 myself over and over till no more errors showed on my side. No idea how I missed one.
Hey, noticed a continuity issue early on. I turned down Gillie's first h-scene, and not 10 lines of dialogue later, MC says he got an "amazing handful" of her, even though that didn't happen.

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
Further, it's come to my attention that a lot of games have undergone rewrites for the very same reason as I initially had for mine, which was complaints. Not only that, but some games changed so much during the revision process that the original audience no longer recognized or liked the projects anymore, and the ones who cried for the changes weren't interested either. I'm looking to avoid that, and really keep the spirit of what made WCA so enjoyable to the original audience as I go through and polish up the first few chapters. So I decided that I wasn't really going to be doing much "rewriting" as I was going to be revising key moments. I'm leaning much more toward the playerbase that liked the original way the script was written, with a few added quality of life changes, such as being able to make a choice with Eshtel rather than being forced to give her away to Chiara. I do want to smooth out a LITTLE bit of the man-hating atmosphere in the beginning, but I also believe the oppressive circumstances make for great obstacles for Aurum to overcome and that losing that underdog feeling will lose the meaning of the story for most people. Otherwise, most of the script is gonna stay as-is, with any sexual content like lesbian scenes giving you a choice to view or skip them as some of the scenes are baked into the story and hard to remove. One of the biggest problems was forcing people to watch content they didn't wanna watch, and that's the main focus for the quality of life changes.
Sigh... i just test it and that exactly what i was afraid (what we talk some time ago)... ok so keep your story with the F95 250 likes and go with them. I feel in this state you are no going to make much more. But it s your story make it what you want for who you want...
It s sad but for me, it is an end. Like a lot of people, i don t really like the story.
Good luck with your game.

Last edited:

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Does it matter what day to do over time?
Very minor dialogue changes. Overtime today seems the more natural order, as it adds a bit of dialogue to the next day's conversations, while doing it tomorrow doesn't add anything at all. Specifically, if you do overtime today, you meet some nonhuman girls before meeting with Gillie, and when speaking to her about other worlds, MC will make additional comments about some of the nonhuman girls he met the day before, depending which world you express interest in.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
What's the deal with the two outlier goblettes?
Different tribes. You have your typical green goblins, which are of the Moss tribe. The brown ones are Mud goblins. And there is a third tribe, the Night goblins, that you haven't seen yet...

Sigh... i just test it and that exactly what i was afraid (what we talk some time ago)... ok so keep your story with the F95 250 likes and go with them. I feel in this state you are no going to make much more. But it s your story make it what you want for who you want...
It s sad but for me, it is an end. Like a lot of people, i don t really like the story.
Good luck with your game.
Bruh I barely touched the actual story. I inserted a text conversation in place of that training sequence that better illustrated to the player what the early goal was, made the h-scenes optional, and inserted some choices players have been asking for. That's about it. But hey, can't please everyone. I dunno how you feel I'm not gonna make much more. This game is gonna go for years if I have anything to say about it.

Does it matter what day to do over time?
It just changes the order you do things in. If you choose Today, you meet the nonhumans first, then hang out with Gillie the following day. If you choose Tomorrow, you hang out with Gillie that evening, and you meet the nonhumans the next day. It was one of my early experiments while I was learning Ren'py after my coder left.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts and feedback, even the negative ones. I'm fairly resolute that this is the way the story will stay, aside from some of the aforementioned touch-ups I plan to include with the release of S2E3. I want to fix the continuity issues and be sure the conditional dialogue centered around Chiara and Eshtel actually makes sense.

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
Not quite, it's not really a sandbox with stats or anything that actually tracks who you're hanging out with. That was the ORIGINAL plan years ago, but when I lost my coder, I had to teach myself Ren'py and ended up just writing it as a story rather than a game. Cecilia, the stalker, is a very polarizing character who has an influence on the story for a little while, and once you deal with her as an antagonist you will get the option to unlock her for romance or remove her from your game entirely. That will be in Season 2 Episode 5. The game is currently at Season 2 Episode 2, and we're working hard on Episode 3 as we speak.

There are some bits in the Itch description I need to rewrite that may be a little misleading, I think. It was originally planned to be a sandbox style game but it ended up being a much more linear Kinetic Novel style experience before some of the choices were added. The first season is still going to feel more like a story than a game, and even though the second season opens up a little bit with the Free Time mechanic, it still plays more like a story, I would say.

We're getting there, my guy. We're getting there. Trust me, she's one of my favorite characters. I just need to have a certain thing happen in the main story so we gain access to a certain feature.

Ey thank you so much!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is WT?

Thank you!

I think currently it's just skippable but it would be a small thing to go through and make them declineable like some of the other scenes. Low on my priority list right now but if I have extra time, I'll see what I can do.
Yeah I finished all the current content besides the extra stuff with blossom, mouse, & rukah, just because those are characters you barely interact with so I haven't really gotten attached to them yet, now ik Cecilia's backstory & while it's messed up as a yandere enjoyer I will be romancing her
Never unlocked the 3 secret characters so either I should've taken those hints or they just don't exist yet
Also my favorite character might be wither but only because I love tsunderes, great so far dev, keep up the good work

Reactions: VictorSeven

Jason177877

Feb 27, 2019

It's not just the poly path, I tested all paths, and both the "Eshtel for MC" and "Poly- for both" play out like MC told Eshtel it was only from Chiara. All 3 "paths" are no different. (At least so far that I played) You might legit just have a path coding issue if even the Eshte/MC path plays out the same. Sorry if you already knew this, but it sounded like you assumed that the poly dialogue was just the issue of not fitting because it wasn't originally intended. Anyway just jumped in a few days ago, loving it. All the girls are interesting, even the ones who aren't my type (I myself am mostly submissive/shy/petite enjoyer) Galka surprised me on how pleasant she is. Loving the stereotype breaking monster girls. Obligatory Jade and Gobbos are the best comment. (Wither is a cutie as well)

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can confirm VictorSeven it's calling the poly and none paths when you're on the mono. I quickly played through just to double check.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also it might not be worth fixing since you'd need to re-render that part of the scene, but even after manually selecting the mono path Chiara still has the flower bracelet.
He also says he "got her a fuggin girlfriend" even with the mono path manually selected from the above pathing

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Just an unsolicited opinion but I think it would actually make a lot of sense to temporarily remove the poly path and make it just mono or none, and then allow the mono path to open up into a poly one later once Eshtel's content actually starts.
At the point you make the choice Chiara is still suffering from her initial impression of being a man hating bitch who only looks at women as a vagina on legs. Like her agreeing to MC's comment about how she only gives her number out to people she wants to sleep with, she really acts like those dudes walking around with a t-shirt that says "alpha" in big letters. Now a few more days in we get to see a lot more nuance with her and a lot more of her playful side, she really redeems herself as a character and develops into a really good friend to the MC. For veteran players we know the real Chiara, but for new comers they're still gonna have a negative impression of her by that point. Delaying the choice to open up the relationship to Chiara with Eshtel will probably lead to a lot more new players who aren't familiar with Chiara yet choosing to go on the poly route.
It'd also solve the problem of how by the time we get our first Eshtel scene not related to the main story she'll have been dating Chiara for probably weeks in universe. It makes MC seem less like a third wheel in the relationship.
Even if you don't remove the poly path I think it would be a decent idea to allow players to open it up to a poly one with Chiara later on once her content starts. I started out the game feeling like Chiara was pretty well irredeemable but warmed up to her a lot. Playing the character I'd like to play though at the point we're given the choice I'm picking mono, even though I personally like lesbian interactions within the harem. It's just bad timing for the choice imo.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes