Nov 24, 2019
Buy Me A Coffee, if I recall correctly, allows to sell individual DLCs.

Other people selling pinups just make a catalogue and "if you are interested, send money over PayPal/whatever and which pinups you want via email, and I'll reply with the content".

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Progress Report and Patreon Pinup Pack 2
» Devlog

10 minutes ago by
Share this post:

Ahoy again!

Alright, so between planning for funerals and having someone walk out on our jobsite, forcing the rest of us to work overtime, there has been less time to work on WCA than I'm used to. That being said, I've made significant progress on our last little hangup.

All of my relevant files are now on a brand new external SSD. And I discovered I had made another dumbshit mistake. Regardless of the hardware failure, I would have had to reshoot Saturday's scenes anyways. Why? You ask?

View attachment 1472526

I had Aurum in his fucking work uniform instead of his weekend/casual outfit, despite the morning scene clearly showing him changing into his casual outfit. Sure, I probably could have just written another shift into the story now that I think about it. But the reshooting has already started, and I intend to finish it. I like to stay true to my story rather than cover up errors. So, 118 frames and... what, 20 video clips or so? I'm working on reshooting all of that. And by that I mean posing the models all over again and taking screenshots. So unfortunately, it looks like I'll miss the October goal I had set for myself. But to compensate, I've been working on some extras for you all.

Not too long ago, I introduced the first Patreon Pinup Pack. This ended up being Nook, Tilai, Aoibheann, River, and Jade in sexy Halloween costumes. Normally available only on Patreon, one of you had the brilliant idea of making them available here for a small fee.

View attachment 1472527

These are VERY high quality images which are run through the DHH lighting engine rather than the GraphicsMod engine I use for normal screenshots. That, coupled with a lot of lighting work, really emphasizes the shadows and the texture of the skin of each model. In short, they're HD images with a hefty file size.

The only PROBLEM is... Itch doesn't allow sale of individual DLCs. When someone pays for something, they're paying for the whole game project. If, say, I made each Pinup Pack $5 for the non-nude stuff and had 4 or 5 Pinup Packs available, all you'd have to do is spend $5 on the project and you'd get ALL of the $5 tier pinup packs. Since each pack is gonna have different girls and different themes as designated by either a Patron vote or a request from one of our T5 Creator Patrons, I wanted every fan to be able to pick and choose which Pinup Packs they wanted to purchase.

View attachment 1472528

The good news is, for you fellow Goblin lovers out there, Pinup Pack 2 will be a Duos pack with Nook and Princess Tilai, and the theme is Lingerie. The bad news is I'm still racking my brains on how to offer these to the public, since some of you are unable to use Patreon to support due to your country of residence. My current ideas include looking into Subscribestar and other alternate platforms, as well as perhaps making an Etsy shop and just selling the Pinup Packs there. Kind of counterintuitive since I'd much rather just keep everything on Itch. But currently, the only way to sell the Pinup Packs individually is to create an entirely new game for each pack, which... I dunno if that's a good idea. Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas as to how I could offer these packs to those of you who can't or prefer not to interact with Patreon!

View attachment 1472529

Anyways, there's a lot to come in the near future. And I'll be honest, I'm worried this next update may be a bit short compared to how long y'all have waited for it. I'm considering releasing Wed/Thu/Fri as an update of its own like... now while I keep working on Saturday and Sunday. I worry that might cheapen the experience, since you'd have less to play all at once, but at this point, you've been waiting so long, and I have at least those 3 days playable and ready to go.

Again, lemme know what you think. I'll likely do a Patreon vote to see how they want the release handled. Thank you all for reading this fuggin novel of an update, and thank you all for your patience. You shall be duly rewarded. I plan to upload Pinup Pack 1 for absolutely free once the next update is live, so all of you can enjoy some HD images of the girls!

See you soon!

-Vic​
*sigh* I guess I'm way past nibbling on Jade's behind now, in more ways than one, actually. Not only do I want to nibble all of Jade now, but also Nook's behind and by extension Tilai's as well. :love: Thank you dear Patron(s) for the vote on Pinup Pack 2.

Regarding your release schedule, my vote would go for taking your time, but releasing early does have the merit of allowing the impatient ones to experience more of your game while still allowing the patient ones to play their week in one go, so there's that.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Buy Me A Coffee, if I recall correctly, allows to sell individual DLCs.

Other people selling pinups just make a catalogue and "if you are interested, send money over PayPal/whatever and which pinups you want via email, and I'll reply with the content".
Now that's an interesting idea. I do have a paypal.me link. I could instruct them to just send the money and the name of the pack in a note, and email them the zip file like you said.

*sigh* I guess I'm way past nibbling on Jade's behind now, in more ways than one, actually. Not only do I want to nibble all of Jade now, but also Nook's behind and by extension Tilai's as well. :love: Thank you dear Patron(s) for the vote on Pinup Pack 2.
Porque no los dos? A gift for you.

Booty Advert 1b.png

Ask and you shall receive lol

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
IT HAPPENED AGAIN
WHAT THE FUCK

I went through and reshot the ENTIRE FUCKING SATURDAY scene that I lost, 80 something stills and 26 video loops. The first two parts, I did on my laptop here at work. The last part with the H scene, did it on my home PC 'cause it's more powerful. Saved the PNG images. Converted them to WEBP and downloaded them. Bulk renamed them to PNG like I always do. Put them in both the program folder AND the RenPy Images folder so as to have some redundancy.

AND THEY'RE GONE! My laptop is showing the files from the first two parts as they were last night, when I clearly renamed them and moved them while I was on my PC, ON THE SAME FUCKING DRIVE.

The fucky part is that the VideoExport plugin folder shows SOME of the videos I shot, even after being renamed, before being copied and pasted into the scene folder. But not all. The videos went to 97. Then the stills continued at 98.

Spoiler warning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm at my wit's end. I'm going to have to do this scene for the THIRD FUCKING TIME. And who knows if the computers will decide to let me keep my files, or revert the fucking drive to the way it was yesterday for no goddamn reason. I was ALL EXCITED 'cause I was basically 1 scene away from having Saturday finished, and I was gonna power through Sunday and have this all ready to go. But the universe was all like, "Progress? Pfff. You don't get to make progress. Check this out. I have a Rewind button."

Does anyone know why this is happening? And can I please just pay one of you to walk me through setting up that Git/Github repository so I can stop having to redo entire fucking scenes? Because THIS is the shit that makes me want to abandon this project. I love this game but I hate losing progress and having to redo shit because it's never the same the second time around.

I need answers, and I need solutions. Hoping one of you can provide. If I lose one more scene to this bullshit, I'm done. Apologies for the profanity but as stated I've had it with this.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

I ejected the drive, waited a few minutes, and then plugged it back in. And all the files are magically there. What is happening. This is the brand new external SSD I bought.

I can't make this shit up. Here's the exact same folder I showed above.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am going to QUICKLY back everything up on my lappy's hard drive just in case things get fucky once more. I am resolved to finish Saturday by the end of tomorrow.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020

I ejected the drive, waited a few minutes, and then plugged it back in. And all the files are magically there. What is happening. This is the brand new external SSD I bought.

I am going to QUICKLY back everything up on my lappy's hard drive just in case things get fucky once more. I am resolved to finish Saturday by the end of tomorrow.
Geez sucks you are having so many problems. I hope it works out and stops and someone can help out, hate to see this get abandoned really enjoy it so far.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Windows 10 operating system? Somewhat similar thing happened to me once. I was taking screenshots of the some VN while playing. After I was done playing I checked the results and there were no screenshots to be seen. I refreshed the folder, but that didn't help. I closed folder and did some other things. 10 minutes later I went back to VN folder and the screenshots were there. Mysterious delay with them showing. So far only time that has happened.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Windows 10 operating system? Somewhat similar thing happened to me once. I was taking screenshots of the some VN while playing. After I was done playing I checked the results and there were no screenshots to be seen. I refreshed the folder, but that didn't help. I closed folder and did some other things. 10 minutes later I went back to VN folder and the screenshots were there. Mysterious delay with them showing. So far only time that has happened.
Yup. Win10. I've made a habit of backing up newly changed files to the hard drive of the machine I'm working on, then putting them in the portable SSD. No more disasters. I am now 1 scene away from finishing Saturday. 10 hours worth of work total into just this one scene.

Sunday has two huge scenes in it, Popularity Weekly and the end of the week scene. Both of these may require just as much work. The other scenes are fairly short and easy.

After this update is out, I'll likely take a short break from development to learn Git and Github, and also to farm y'all for opinions on what you'd like to see next. I have a few different ideas on what to explore next, but some of you may think of things I haven't thought of.

Thank you all for your patience. We're almost there.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Okay, here's an issue. I keep getting this error when trying to eject the SSD.

1635610331610.png

Thing is... there's nothing open. Nothing is using the drive. All programs and windows are closed. If I wait and try to eject it again, it will usually eject... and then when I plug it in again, it will say there are errors on the drive caused by disconnecting it improperly.

Any thoughts?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky
Nov 24, 2019

View attachment 1475535

Thing is... there's nothing open. Nothing is using the drive. All programs and windows are closed. If I wait and try to eject it again, it will usually eject... and then when I plug it in again, it will say there are errors on the drive caused by disconnecting it improperly.

Any thoughts?
Task Manager > Details, look for strange software which may be reading or writing to your SSD... Including rogue antivirus software.

(Never really had this issue with Linux, but well, Linux do allow multiple r/w operations to the same file... You can even rename a file which is in use by another program)

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
ALMOST DONE! (Progress Report)
» Devlog

33 minutes ago by
Share this post:

I'm not gonna beat around the bush with you. Saturday is done.

1635641130770.png
This update alone is over 3k lines of code. I have exactly 4 scenes to do to finish Sunday. Then bug testing and fixing, and the second build, with the full Chapter 5, will be available to Patrons first! That means only one month to wait for the public!

Of these scenes, the Morning scene is a repeated scene, so there's nothing to really shoot, only dialogue to change. So that's easy.

1635641162156.png

I may be able to reuse some of Maika's shots for the Popularity Weekly scene, so that will cut down on the time I spend working on the scene.

1635641194567.png

And as for the last two scenes, they kind of go hand-in-hand. And yes, I'm ending strong with an H scene for those of you who have been requesting more lewd content.

1635641222636.png

In other news, Pinup Pack 2, a Duos Pack with Nook and Princess Tilai in Lingerie (requested by T5 Patron Ridgeback74), is almost finished as well! I'm researching ways to make these purchasable by the public, as Itch does not allow me to sell individual pieces of DLC.

And that's it! If I can keep this up, you might see the newest build on Patreon within a few days!

Now, it's been brought to my attention that some people are unable to use Patreon, but can pay via Itch. I may make the files available on Itch for the price of the Patreon Tier that currently has access to the build. This price will decrease each week as more Patrons gain access to the build, until it is finally free to the public. I will also have the files hosted directly on Itch instead of running through Mega.

Also, so far the H-content has been mostly softcore, with no penetration. There's a reason for this. I like the slow burn style. But I think you'll agree that it's about time. As such, I will be preparing another popularity poll, but it will have a special question in it. Who will be the first girl to get the D?

1635641259392.png

Lastly, our wonderful T5 Creator Patrons Leonconner and Ridgeback74 have crafted some custom characters for you to interact with, which will all have their own stories that tie in with our main story. These story arcs will, of course, be optional. But it will be more content for those of you who want more choices in the game, which we are sorely lacking.

Thanks for reading, and see you on the other side of Build 2!

-Vic​

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021

View attachment 1475535

Any thoughts?
What is the write cache settings on it. Sometimes to make the illusion the drive is faster windows will say something is written to it then wait until later to actually write things to it.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
What is the write cache settings on it. Sometimes to make the illusion the drive is faster windows will say something is written to it then wait until later to actually write things to it.
1635725992277.png

When I plug it in, Autoplay says there's an error on the disk, but if I wait a few seconds, that goes away and it pops up with the window.

Reactions: AlexaSky

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I'm just gonna stop buying Crucial SSDs. Crucial is known for memory, anyways. And I have the Crucial software on both of my computers.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Only one scene left.

1635848715806.png

Nearly 3500 lines of code in this update. Not a lot by some standards. But god it's taken forever.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the map I wanted to use, sadly. There are ways around it, but they're annoying and I wish the map would just work. Either way, shooting for the final scene has begun.

I've also bugtested everything up to this point. The only things I need to do are add the new H-scenes to the gallery and add the skip options before them, and then everything before this scene will basically be ready. I'll likely do that afterwards, though, as getting all the scenes done is my highest priority. Then comes the polish and the tweaking.

AI_2021-11-02-00-00-49-740.png

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Only one scene left.

View attachment 1480849

Nearly 3500 lines of code in this update. Not a lot by some standards. But god it's taken forever.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the map I wanted to use, sadly. There are ways around it, but they're annoying and I wish the map would just work. Either way, shooting for the final scene has begun.

I've also bugtested everything up to this point. The only things I need to do are add the new H-scenes to the gallery and add the skip options before them, and then everything before this scene will basically be ready. I'll likely do that afterwards, though, as getting all the scenes done is my highest priority. Then comes the polish and the tweaking.

View attachment 1480850
SOON I'LL FINALLY BE ABLE TO GIVE NOOK AND THE PRINCESS THE LOVE AND ATTENTION THEY DESERVE, I CAN BARELY WAIT!!!!

2 quick questions, i'm still on version 1.4, is the dwarf babe in yet or is she coming soon? And will the sexy yandere stalker get some TLC in the next update?

4.50 star(s) 33 Votes