Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I really want to support you and sub but may I ask with no malice, why 25$ to get it on release day? I get OOT and LiL on release day for 5$ each. Its the main reason I dropped my sub for Crimson High. 25$ is way too much and for 5$ I might as well wait a week. I'm mainly curious as to why some devs charge this much for release day. Thanks.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I really want to support you and sub but may I ask with no malice, why 25$ to get it on release day? I get OOT and LiL on release day for 5$ each. Its the main reason I dropped my sub for Crimson High. 25$ is way too much and for 5$ I might as well wait a week. I'm mainly curious as to why some devs charge this much for release day. Thanks.
The answer to this is kinda twofold. I did some research before I started on the averages of a lot of AVN Patreon pages and seeing what the more successful creators were doing. It was a mixed bag, with the most successful of creators, DarkCookie (Summertime Saga) pulling in around $70,000 a MONTH at the time not having tiers above $10. Now, I'm under no grand illusions about WCA. I do not anticipate us getting to THAT level of support. So I lowered my eyes to the middle ranges, where I saw tiers up to a few hundred dollars. Those also seemed to be wildly successful, so I crafted the page and its tiers after those.

It's fine if you think some of the tiers are too expensive. Would you believe some people are spending $50 and $75 per month on WCA regardless of the benefits, just to help the project succeed? This feeds into the second reason that these tiers are available. I have very little free time currently. I work two jobs at 48 hours a week, I run an 8 year old Twitch channel, I'm designing a competitive MOBA game with JRPG battle sequences, I plan, write, and run tabletop rpgs in various systems including 5e, Witcher, BREAK!!, and Panic at the Dojo, and I'm developing WCA. I am spread THIN. I'm hoping to replace the income from my security job with the income from WCA so I can quit and have 2 more days per week free to work on WCA and spend time with friends and family. That way I'll only be working my group home job 3 days a week and I'll have more room for more goodies and stuff for those who are supporting. So... that's more of a personal reason for having all of those price points available. Those who have the cash to burn can really, really help me out. My goal is to get the SubscribeStar page specifically to $1000 a month (because the Patreon page could disappear at any moment due to their wacky content policing rules and how often they change them), and then I'll feel secure enough to quit my security job and treat development on WCA as my second job. I want SO BADLY to get WCA to the point where we have a new build releasing every month.

As far as what you GET for what you're spending, it's a whole lot more than just early access. Most of my benefits are Discord benefits, as that's the central location for the community and where it's easiest to chat with me. But I take requests, post previews, chat about What Ifs, post custom Pinups and Character Voicemails, heck, I even open up about potential story arcs and see what the general consensus says about them. $5 doesn't just get you early access a week before release day. $5 makes you an insider with the power to influence the story, give your input on which love interests need some screen time, or even get custom renders of your favorite love interests.

Wall of text, I know, but that's the reason for all of WCA's price points in particular. If you can think of more things I can offer easily that might make things worth it to you, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm always looking for better, reasonable ways I can give back to those who are supporting WCA.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
The answer to this is kinda twofold. I did some research before I started on the averages of a lot of AVN Patreon pages and seeing what the more successful creators were doing. It was a mixed bag, with the most successful of creators, DarkCookie (Summertime Saga) pulling in around $70,000 a MONTH at the time not having tiers above $10. Now, I'm under no grand illusions about WCA. I do not anticipate us getting to THAT level of support. So I lowered my eyes to the middle ranges, where I saw tiers up to a few hundred dollars. Those also seemed to be wildly successful, so I crafted the page and its tiers after those.

It's fine if you think some of the tiers are too expensive. Would you believe some people are spending $50 and $75 per month on WCA regardless of the benefits, just to help the project succeed? This feeds into the second reason that these tiers are available. I have very little free time currently. I work two jobs at 48 hours a week, I run an 8 year old Twitch channel, I'm designing a competitive MOBA game with JRPG battle sequences, I plan, write, and run tabletop rpgs in various systems including 5e, Witcher, BREAK!!, and Panic at the Dojo, and I'm developing WCA. I am spread THIN. I'm hoping to replace the income from my security job with the income from WCA so I can quit and have 2 more days per week free to work on WCA and spend time with friends and family. That way I'll only be working my group home job 3 days a week and I'll have more room for more goodies and stuff for those who are supporting. So... that's more of a personal reason for having all of those price points available. Those who have the cash to burn can really, really help me out. My goal is to get the SubscribeStar page specifically to $1000 a month (because the Patreon page could disappear at any moment due to their wacky content policing rules and how often they change them), and then I'll feel secure enough to quit my security job and treat development on WCA as my second job. I want SO BADLY to get WCA to the point where we have a new build releasing every month.

As far as what you GET for what you're spending, it's a whole lot more than just early access. Most of my benefits are Discord benefits, as that's the central location for the community and where it's easiest to chat with me. But I take requests, post previews, chat about What Ifs, post custom Pinups and Character Voicemails, heck, I even open up about potential story arcs and see what the general consensus says about them. $5 doesn't just get you early access a week before release day. $5 makes you an insider with the power to influence the story, give your input on which love interests need some screen time, or even get custom renders of your favorite love interests.

Wall of text, I know, but that's the reason for all of WCA's price points in particular. If you can think of more things I can offer easily that might make things worth it to you, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm always looking for better, reasonable ways I can give back to those who are supporting WCA.
you having a security job explains so much, whenever I read the sections where the MC is being trained in security I am always taken aback at how in depth it goes, I thought you did a bunch of research on this relatively small part of the game

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
you having a security job explains so much, whenever I read the sections where the MC is being trained in security I am always taken aback at how in depth it goes, I thought you did a bunch of research on this relatively small part of the game
Haha no, I've been working security since 2013 lmao. I figured if I have in-depth knowledge of stuff, that makes it easy to write, and feel more real to whomever is enjoying the story. So there are a lot of little slivers of myself and my own knowledge that I stitched into the game here and there. Same with Taekwondo being Aurum's main art. I was Head Instructor of a little TKD school, just under the Master, back when I lived in SoCal. Worst paying job I've ever had but I loved it.

Fun fact, the 10 codes I'm using are the 10 codes that the Modesto Police Department in California uses.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes