HTML - Wrestling Dynasty [v0.1] [UniSeven Studios]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Rawdogg

Wrestlng Dynasty is trying something novel, literally. Heavy on narrative and setting, and at the moment of 0.1, light on lewds but its still beating Ocean so we're OK. You should expect family fun, family disfunction, and overall a core about loyalties and who is in your corner. Our MC, Vincent, a hero who really rolls with the punches (literally and figuratively) as life bodyslams him into a terrible situation at home. If you're dreading reading about Anne Rice type bougainvillea vines creeping up a house , relax. The story moves brisk, but also takes tense moments and expands on everyone's emotions and how they come together as a family.

As of writing this is 3 chapters in and a lot of characters are introduced as Vince goes about resetting his life, and avoiding the boogeyman of his overshadowing father. He's a man of action and helps the game's pace keep up. He doesn't have a lot of choices yet, but this is set prep work. I was pleasantly surprised to see the hero doesn't get a 5 star hotel or immaculate mansion to stay in. Too often AVNs don't let the hero struggle, when overcoming challenges is something that is memorable.

The Good

No bugs! - I tried. I really tried to find some. This seems very playtested.

The base - I'm not going to spoil it, but I really liked where the MC and family run to. Its impromptu, its weird, and has its secrets. The workers there are also an odd mix. Its perfect.

The family - the underlying theme is family bond and you see the trio really care for each other. I know the other family members will have their moments too.

The wrestling and lewds - only 3 chapters in and we see some wrasslin'! There's a few sneaky lewds.

Hidden stuff- did I mention sneaky? Yeah there's hidden stuff. Didn't expect that coming in.

The Bad

Franco - a minor char, yet major influence, he is just plain ol' 24/7 mean. It would be nice to see signs he wasn't always like this. Wrestlers frequently have IRL issues with substance abuse, and maybe that could be part of dad's problem. Not to white knight the guy, we need to steal his wife LOL

Light on choices- I'm going to chalk this up to exposition and setting, but its low on actual input. In a way it makes the MC more fleshed out than ever, hsi own character. But it feels less like a game.

MC too perfect? - idk, it'd be nice to see him make some bad choices, I'm sure they are coming up.

THE UGLY - Zahir's room. It was scary.

Its a wordy game, and that is what makes it different. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and sometimes, that's true. But I've played plenty of shallow AVN with 70k images and cardboard characters. Give this a try. At the very least, you should love Abby and Zahir.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Jay Williams

This game is great if you understand what you're getting into. This is more of a story than a game. It's a slowburn romance, but romance isn't even the main point of the game, it seems. The creator clearly has a story in his head and he's telling it. It's just getting started, but for a 0.1 it has an amazing amount of potential. I'm genuinely invested in the story.

Mechanically, it's not complicated or unusual for a HTML game. There are no minigames or anything. There are images and occasionally a 2-3 frame transition between images that can be considered an animation.

Constructive criticism:

While I understand it's a text based game and images aren't the main point, more renders would be good. Perhaps scenes with characters actually rendered in their settings. More changing emotions in their faces, etc.

I feel like the father character may be a bit irredeemably evil to the point of lacking depth, although that's certainly not an issue with any of the other characters and I can get hints that might change.

This game, so far, has very very few choices of substance. I think choices could be important in a longform game like this so the character we're playing is someone we want him to be rather than him being predetermined. He also seems like a bit of a Gary Stu, in part because we don't really have a say in anything he does.

Also, sidenote, there aren't really any sex scenes in the game. There's technically one very brief one but besides that there isn't so much as a handjob. If you're looking for sex, I recommend coming back in 2 or 3 more updates.