Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Weird, the game is becoming less and less buggy after updates. Do you have the crash log ?
Especially refusing to save as it's just a dump of the current game state :unsure:
Are you on mac or linux ?
I think this is it, sounds like the same stuff the other folks are mentioning!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'platform' from 'C:\Users\Charlie\Desktop\Back ups\WTM_Academy_PREVIEWold\lib\python2.7/platform.pyo'>. (perhaps store.platform = <module 'platform' from 'C:\Users\Charlie\Desktop\Back ups\WTM_Academy_PREVIEWold\lib\python2.7/platform.pyo'>)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 420, in save
reraise(t, e, tb)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2342, in module_pickle
raise Exception("Could not pickle {!r}.".format(module))
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'platform' from 'C:\Users\Charlie\Desktop\Back ups\WTM_Academy_PREVIEWold\lib\python2.7/platform.pyo'>. (perhaps store.platform = <module 'platform' from 'C:\Users\Charlie\Desktop\Back ups\WTM_Academy_PREVIEWold\lib\python2.7/platform.pyo'>)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
WTM Academy PREVIEWe3
Fri Jul 15 00:04:35 2022

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
I think this is it, sounds like the same stuff the other folks are mentioning!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Yeah, I've located the issue, apparently ppl on Discord don't have that bug anymore after a fix I made.
I'm uploading it as PREVIEWf ver, also contains some more things :cool:

If you could tell me if that's also fixing the game for you ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Yukemoto

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Hum it's the same bug as bradduk
Seems like renpy doesn't like saving while importing librairies, I think I know where I do that.
If you think you can reproduce that bug, I'll upload a "maybe" fixed versionor ifyou can come on Discord for me to give you some specific .rpy files
Semi-related question.. Is it safe to save edit the Max Rounds and Required Answers? I ended up getting a bunch of errors after a while, Tuned answers to 24 abd rounds to 40..maybe too much for the system to handle?

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Yeah, I've located the issue, apparently ppl on Discord don't have that bug anymore after a fix I made.
I'm uploading it as PREVIEWf ver, also contains some more things :cool:

If you could tell me if that's also fixing the game for you ;)
Awesome, definitely will do!

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Semi-related question.. Is it safe to save edit the Max Rounds and Required Answers? I ended up getting a bunch of errors after a while, Tuned answers to 24 abd rounds to 40..maybe too much for the system to handle?
No issue with Max Rounds
But Required Answers are real exam subjects in a list so if you go above the 6 provided in the DB.rpy files, you will get an out of range error. Subjects are at an early stage for now, if you really want you can fill that list with some copy-paste ^^

Reactions: Yukemoto

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
PREVIEWf OUT
All knowed bug sould be fixed now, a new girl, some UI adjustments

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
LoL, the game was crushing for me 2 hours ago. Got here to get it again, thinking I may have got a corrupted file or forgot a bug-fix. I found a new version. Way to go.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ninoss

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Soooo... are any of the rules implemented, aside of increasing the max girls? I have detention, photos and such activated but I don't see any options to use them.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Soooo... are any of the rules implemented, aside of increasing the max girls? I have detention, photos and such activated but I don't see any options to use them.
It's placeholderz for not, just to see and test if the rule system is working as expected.
Out of the PREVIEW, non implemented rules will be deleted until they actually are ^^

Some rule like the detention still do something : they are rising girlz discipline to minimum of 5 over time.

Reactions: TAR313 and troll822

Nazeaj

Dec 18, 2020
Ooh man I really like this game. Is it possible to add a button/option to sell all panties at once? Would save a lot of clicking

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I kind of miss the "sex addict" feature of the original game. In here the girls will always eventually escape as they max out their stats over time. There's no way to win in this version. I'm hoping the Detention feature will be expanded at some point too, maybe if a girl breaks a rule they get sent to detention, where you have 3-5 turns to abuse them after the test where they can not escape--for grinding affection.

Gdiggers

Dec 27, 2019
I kind of miss the "sex addict" feature of the original game. In here the girls will always eventually escape as they max out their stats over time. There's no way to win in this version. I'm hoping the Detention feature will be expanded at some point too, maybe if a girl breaks a rule they get sent to detention, where you have 3-5 turns to abuse them after the test where they can not escape--for grinding affection.
Ninoss has talked on the discord about ideas once the game is out of preview stage. Mostly surrounding making all the features more refined. It's a tedious process to work on each feature while keeping in mind making the "story" cohesive. Everything will be addressed eventually, don't worry.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah as Gdiggers said, I will be added at some point. I'm searching way and usefull mechanics for keeping girlz. Like at some point "converting" her as a girlfriend, slave, teacher, secretary or somathing like that :cool:
For now I'm mainly focusing on getting all the bugs out to push a clean and stable v0.1 in F95's latest updates.

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
1658218653346.png
1658218766484.png
Last part of text for Sophie Gen on the first day goes off-screen, and it clutters up in the history. Happens for a few of the other girls as well, but generally texts stay on screen.

Edit:
1658236555226.png
There seems to be a minor bug when the girl takes her panties back

Last edited:

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
0.1 is OUT !

Bug fixes and the vote system for the next update, don't forget to make your voice count :cool:
I'll probably push the game to F95 latest updates tomorrow, if you see any bugs, weird things or typos, let me know !

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Noticed a possible bug, pressure for a girl resets every time you remove a piece of her clothing. Only exception if found is the removal of socks, which only lowers pressure by a large amount.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Noticed a possible bug, pressure for a girl resets every time you remove a piece of her clothing. Only exception if found is the removal of socks, which only lowers pressure by a large amount.
Hum, I can't reproduce that. Removing a girl's cloth actually adds some pressure most of the time.
If your girls have really high naturism, it reduces it tho-
Is the menu telling you that you will have a "negative" or "positive" impact ?

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Hum, I can't reproduce that. Removing a girl's cloth actually adds some pressure most of the time.
If your girls have really high naturism, it reduces it tho-
Is the menu telling you that you will have a "negative" or "positive" impact ?
Well, the high naturism explains it, the girls I had at the time were near max in naturism.

A suggestion for future builds, the MC's 'bitching' about having to touch the girls should change after the first week or so, making him more accepting of his task instead of just the same over and over again. But no rush on that, best getting the main features up and running first, then go for the polish at a later time

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes