DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, I can't agree. I mean, we should expect him to be able to do it. After all, he's creating a game and if he can't control his own script that means he's not a 'good' dev: he's just writing a game the way he thinks it should be played, not the way players can play it. I can forgive him though due to all what happened but I honestly expect him to fix those minor things. I'm confident he will.
Well he is one person and just like me has only 24h in a day, so in the end there are limits to what he can do and add different renders and conversations per path and choice in a reasonable aount of time. It is one of the reason why games with meaningful early choices are so hard to do and get abandoned so often by starting devs. So I will forgive him if he might need to revert to canon once or twice on a minor story character like Eden to keep the game flowing in a reasonable amount of time.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Ok I am confused wouldn't that make Ethan and Stacy the same as in half brother or half sister?
not really ... its been known that a person to have a sister ... that has a half sister by a different husband ... the boy and half sister to the sister is not related at all .. and could possibly get together by law ... odd i even looked that up some time ago ..

Reactions: TundraLupus

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
On the non-cheating route doesn't Eden say at the party that it's nice meeting you? I just assumed that the conversation felt like you know each other simply because she's famous and you're famous so you obviously both know who each other are, not so much that you know each other personally.
I'm not surprised Eden knows him but MC, well, here's a screenshot from when she comes to get pregnant
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You might think he knows her name because MC and Jamie just watched that TV show with Eden and Hannah right before the party but it seems memory is not one of his best qualities

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I admit I might be wrong it has been awhile since played that part, but even if Jamie did not give express permission yet for the Rachel girls she already gave him a carte blanche before the Eden time, so in my mind it was not cheating. I could be wrong though and the Eden thing was before Jamie gave him carte blanche to go with other girls. In that case I am wrong.
I believe it was after, but that was a job about impregnating girls, so in my original playthrough I choose to wait and talk to her, I replayed the game on the last update and didn't get a choice, the MC just automatically waits until Jamie and Shauna agree with him impregnating others, I might be misremembering but I went through each choice carefully, and either way, the decision of impregnating someone is way too big to not talk to the girls before doing in my opinion.

Reactions: DA22

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well, I can't agree. I mean, we should expect him to be able to do it. After all, he's creating a game and if he can't control his own script that means he's not a 'good' dev: he's just writing a game the way he thinks it should be played, not the way players can play it. I can forgive him though due to all what happened but I honestly expect him to fix those minor things. I'm confident he will.
Yes, that is something I agree with you in, as I said I hope it gets fixed, I'm pretty sure BD has done boolean(True or False statements) for this so it should be a matter of writing and an if/else statement, if: EdenPregnancy == True: scene continues as planned, Else: She introduces herself. But as you said I give BD a free pass in this update because of everything that happened, and sometimes it is hard to keep track of all the variables.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well he is one person and just like me has only 24h in a day, so in the end there are limits to what he can do and add different renders and conversations per path and choice in a reasonable aount of time. It is one of the reason why games with meaningful early choices are so hard to do and get abandoned so often by starting devs. So I will forgive him if he might need to revert to canon once or twice on a minor story character like Eden to keep the game flowing in a reasonable amount of time.
Just a correction, this doesn't need different renders, just different dialog, which is a little easier, I know you meant in general but I think it is important to clarify just in case BD sees it. But I'll also say if the dev doesn't want to take a certain choice into consideration they need to either have a definitive end(either all the choices end kinda the same, or it is a self-contained interaction that will have no effect in the future), not give the player the choice, or just never introduce the "minor" characters, otherwise, it gives way to complaints, people getting attached, and many other problems.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Just a correction, this doesn't need different renders, just different dialog, which is a little easier, I know you meant in general but I think it is important to clarify just in case BD sees it. But I'll also say if the dev doesn't want to take a certain choice into consideration they need to either have a definitive end(either all the choices end kinda the same, or it is a self-contained interaction that will have no effect in the future), not give the player the choice, or just never introduce the "minor" characters, otherwise, it gives way to complaints, people getting attached, and many other problems.
Thanks everyone for letting me know about this.
It's not so much an issue of choice it was more just a mishap on my end since I've been juggling in between the Week 1 (early days redo) and Day 7 script.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
It's not so much an issue of choice it was more just a mishap on my end since I've been juggling in between the Week 1 (early days redo) and Day 7 script.
Not really a big deal, but glad to see that it was fixed, thanks for indulging us.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
How dare you not be absolutely perfect! Do I have to have The twins flog you to teach you a lesson? :devilish: wait...you might actually enjoy that...nevermind :p

but seriously you were kinda scrambling a little at the final stretch so shit happens :)

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Okay, back to more thoughts and theories. Part 3

I'm on board with knowing stacy in the past and all that. However I think yer over thinking it trying to say that the other version of cedey are also younger version of girls we've met at WVM. If that was the case you'd have the same problem as making stacy related to us over playing a plot device.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok so I am working on a recap/theory/random thoughts about each character in the game. I am trying to decide how to present it here. So since I can not decide I will give you guys the option to choose for me.
  1. Start with each character in the order the appear starting on day 1.
  2. Start with each character in order by day 7 only and skip anyone who did not appear on day 7.
  3. Skip everyone except those that appear on day 7 final update only.
  4. Talk about each character in alphabetical order.
  5. We don't want to here your stupid ideas so just shut up already.:devilish:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes