Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
That's what I hope. I get why he wanted to do all the introductions in first week but we all feel the game is cramped with them and, when you look at it, the fact is that after 1 year of development and several installments, there's no balance at all and in my opinion the game lacks fluidity storywise (at the same time, some events feel rushed, that's a weird feeling I have while playing WVM, there are a lot of things happening and I feel like an hyperactive kid moving from one task to another without actually fully grasping what's going on, and I don't know if that's intentional or just a sign of "bad" game planning from BD).Sometimes less is more. I'd gladly change some time spent on dates and getting to know some side characters for a meeting like the one we're going to have with Harper and Belle regarding the team assistants, I could have waited some days to know who's my sister (and maybe that way I'd be more invested in that part of the plot) in exchange of a full practice/casting with the bench players.

Once the game is advanced enough I guess (and hope) everything would fit better, but right now that's what I feel. And I fully understand some players just want to spent as much time as possible with all the girls. Again, everything comes to my initial expectations
So I think since I have been dabbling in Daz3d a little lately I can attest that some of these things we want to see come down to the rig BD had at the beginning of the year only being able to handle so many characters in a render without losing a lot of quality. I think this is something most of us just don't understand since we are not actively trying to use the software. Since BD upgraded his rig back in, I want to say August he should be able to handle more characters in a scene without losing quality. I think that is one of the main reasons the games or practices are limited. (Let me say damn those cards are expensive to get the quality needed, I know since I am looking to get into this in the near future. So are the assets and licensing to use them.)

I like the story and the basketball balance is perfect for me. However, once we get a full team and the season starts I feel you will get the basketball stuff more often. I don't understand why it is so important to see that though. I feel the games and practices could be short scenes and move on to spend more time with the girls and the story line. To be honest most of us here seem to care more about the girls than basketball. If basketball is what is needed go play some NBA2K whatever in between events and boom you get your basketball fix. :p :ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO: LOL. Just kidding I know you want to see it in the game here, I kind of do too, but not as much as you.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So I think since I have been dabbling in Daz3d a little lately I can attest that some of these things we want to see come down to the rig BD had at the beginning of the year only being able to handle so many characters in a render without losing a lot of quality. I think this is something most of us just don't understand since we are not actively trying to use the software. Since BD upgraded his rig back in, I want to say August he should be able to handle more characters in a scene without losing quality. I think that is one of the main reasons the games or practices are limited. (Let me say damn those cards are expensive to get the quality needed, I know since I am looking to get into this in the near future. So are the assets and licensing to use them.)

I like the story and the basketball balance is perfect for me. However, once we get a full team and the season starts I feel you will get the basketball stuff more often. I don't understand why it is so important to see that though. I feel the games and practices could be short scenes and move on to spend more time with the girls and the story line. To be honest most of us here seem to care more about the girls than basketball. If basketball is what is needed go play some NBA2K whatever in between events and boom you get your basketball fix. :p :ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO: LOL. Just kidding I know you want to see it in the game here, I kind of do too, but not as much as you.
Easy way around this for 'insignificant characters' is by using billboards (if you understand that term in Daz). Whole crowds, non relevant players (both ours and opponents) could all be done this way significantly reducing the RAm required for a particular render. However, creating the billboards is time-consuming also...but sure many of us here would be willing to help there if required.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Easy way around this for 'insignificant characters' is by using billboards (if you understand that term in Daz). Whole crowds, non relevant players (both ours and opponents) could all be done this way significantly reducing the RAm required for a particular render. However, creating the billboards is time-consuming also...but sure many of us here would be willing to help there if required.
fuck that i would fuck up everything trying to help out ... i'd rather sit back and enjoy what others can do :)

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in learning the playbook Harper gave us the first day. I just thought this game would be focused on (kind of realistic) team and sport conflicts, the dicotomy between pro and college leagues especially for a top player like MC, media pressure, etc. That kind of things. Some of them are indeed there, but I wish they had more screen time.
You're right on the rendering thing, I guess that's an important limit

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I have a question, I was searching through the thread and couldn't really find an answer. Is there a "right" choice when you choose Shauna to be trans? What I mean by that is, if her being trans was the original plan for the character and then the dev decided to add the cis female option. I choose her to be trans because I felt that was the original plan for the character.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
I have a question, I was searching through the thread and couldn't really find an answer. Is there a "right" choice when you choose Shauna to be trans? What I mean by that is, if her being trans was the original plan for the character and then the dev decided to add the cis female option. I choose her to be trans because I felt that was the original plan for the character.
No there is not a "right" choice.

BD explains it further here if you're interested.
Oh, I've been meaning to comment on the whole canon / not canon situation for a bit. So thank you guys for bringing it up. :giggle:

Yes, it is true that the first release of WVM had no option to make Shauna female. Yes it is true that I regret not making the backstory more distinct for both of them. (Hence the re-write in Week 1 version). No it is not true that one is the "True playthrough".

I won't go on again about how I almost never released that first version of WVM but I will mention that early feedback showed interest in having a choice. As I hope to have shown up to this point I'm receptive of feedback and how I handle it is I'll challenge my own view on the matter and I'll try to keep an open mind. After thinking it over if I ultimately like the idea then I'll change things. I've never once changed something that I didn't want to change no matter how many people wanted it to change. (Fuck Voss hair still ;))
For this reason everything in the game is canon. Your playthrough no matter how many or how few girls your with is completely canon. There's no point where everything comes together and everything before doesn't matter.

Another reason one isn't "canon" over the other is their story lines are very much identical. One version doesn't detract from another. They both exist and are both completely legitimate.

Unlike the recent Tali changes... I received feedback that I ultimately agreed with about her introduction so I changed it. Her story path hasn't changed one bit though, she was always going to be a girl the MC helps adjust to a normal life. She was always the same character and nothing has changed about that except her introduction. Her story from here on out remains the same. That's really the only example I can give of something becoming non-canon... it getting changed / removed. :LUL:

Just because something exists first doesn't make it canon. Is essentially what I'm getting at here.

If you play the trans route... more power to you.
If you play the female route... more power to you.

The choice is there so you can have an optimal experience and no one should look down or frown upon others for playing whatever version they want to play. You like whatever you like and as long as you don't shit on others for what they like then there's no problem. At least in my eyes anyway. :giggle:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
No there is not a "right" choice.

BD explains it further here if you're interested.
Thank you! I chose trans shauna because I felt that was the canon route. Now I'm used to her being trans so I will stick with my original choice.

Reactions: Krynh

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Thank you! I chose trans shauna because I felt that was the canon route. Now I'm used to her being trans so I will stick with my original choice.
Me too, to me it made more sense to have trans Shauna. Your best friend who was always depending on you, transitioning with you protecting her. Shauna being afraid of your feelings because of all thats happened. Makes more sense to me than her being just a shy girl afraid of making a move and then ending up sharing MC.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Me too, to me it made more sense to have trans Shauna. Your best friend who was always depending on you, transitioning with you protecting her. Shauna being afraid of your feelings because of all thats happened. Makes more sense to me than her being just a shy girl afraid of making a move and then ending up sharing MC.
Where we differ. I see it as just adding/joining/catering to the latest fad of the week. But each to their own and glad BD added/changed it.

Reactions: Zerek244

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Did I mention that I'm very thankful that even though it's extra work I appreciate the choice? Just checking.

Oh look a penguin ice skating!!!

Seriously let's not open this debate. Any new crazy theories?

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Well I saw how well my last crazy theory went. Not sure if I want to toss something else out there that gets shot down again quickly. :ROFLMAO: :p :ROFLMAO: :p

Other than my clear obsession's I am curious how the Wendy Willow meeting will go. I think it will go smoothly with tears and a big group hug now that the family is back together. My bigger concern is why does Wendy always have a hoodie on is she hiding something that we are not ready to see yet? :love: Wait what? No not those she is off limits remember. I was thinking something a little smaller maybe red.

Well I see Stacy is back in the picture so I wonder if that means we meet Margaret face to face in person now? If so will it confirm my biggest theory yet that she is the M in WVM or did I just over think that again too. I don't think it could be that easy but maybe just maybe the M has been in sight all along.

Millie oh Millie will you hate the MC or will you accept him. Maybe you will try to kidnap your girls and that will be the next drama line. I doubt that since we need to focus on basketball now right? We have a game coming up in a few days.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well I saw how well my last crazy theory went. Not sure if I want to toss something else out there that gets shot down again quickly. :ROFLMAO: :p :ROFLMAO: :p

Other than my clear obsession's I am curious how the Wendy Willow meeting will go. I think it will go smoothly with tears and a big group hug now that the family is back together. My bigger concern is why does Wendy always have a hoodie on is she hiding something that we are not ready to see yet? :love: Wait what? No not those she is off limits remember. I was thinking something a little smaller maybe red.

Well I see Stacy is back in the picture so I wonder if that means we meet Margaret face to face in person now? If so will it confirm my biggest theory yet that she is the M in WVM or did I just over think that again too. I don't think it could be that easy but maybe just maybe the M has been in sight all along.

Millie oh Millie will you hate the MC or will you accept him. Maybe you will try to kidnap your girls and that will be the next drama line. I doubt that since we need to focus on basketball now right? We have a game coming up in a few days.
Great now I'm even more excited. Lol I asked for it though:) seriously looking forward to what's next and them 3 things are high on my list

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019

In order:

But... if Wendy is related to the Pancreas for Peace and the hood is to cover the tattoo... where might said tattoo be that the hoodie covers that? The side of her neck? (I'll ignore the other comment about Wendy because I've thought about it too, kneejerk reaction after playing enough games like this, but we don't need that sort of stuff right now).

My biggest curiosity about Margaret is about her insistence to meet the MC, if she is the M in WVM then it makes a sort of sense (although Valerie wasn't in a huge rush to meet him, unlike Willa, and if the Bowling Room Blitz didn't happen he probably wouldn't have met her for a while) but if she isn't... then why? Concern about meeting the guy her daughter is staying with? Or something else?

Millie is an enigma right now, because she had a pre-conceived idea about him and she will be conflicted to say the least, the call and his way to act towards her has made her think stuff, but he was in jail, so there are two choices, either she decides to give him the chance to at least talk or she is gonna come knocking trying to take her daughters from him, I wonder if we will see possesive Jamie? We know she won't let MC leave her life in any way, so maybe Millie will lit the fire inside her.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes