xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
This is going to be unpopular with almost everyone, I get it. However, it is also an opinion not a troll tactic. That being said lets get into it......

I have read a lot of comments on here about the lack of updates, well here is my two cents, if you are not supporting then don't bitch. You really have no right to do so because you are not really losing anything. Hell I just pulled my Subscription last week, and even being a former sub I don't have a right to bitch as to the update push back. All those that play it free through this site can do is enjoy it when it comes out.

Second, I got quite a few PMs about why I pulled my Sub. Mainly asking how I could support him all through Last year. Well since I dont like doing multiple messages all saying the same thing here it is. I supported through everything because RL comes first. We all have ups and downs. I pulled my sub because of the recent quick succession of schedule changes followed by push backs. Now at the time, being a sub at the time....I just couldnt spend money on maybe's and kind of sort ofs. That is just me. The inconsistency got to me.

This is an awesome VN with limitless potential, and I for one will resub once the consistency gets back on track. Until then I am going to do what most of the people on this forum, NOT SUBBING, should do and wait.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
How many other devs releases a 1k render update of this quality with animations within 3 months? Pausing his patreon earnings no less. Not to mention it's a solo job...

Ask yourself that before bitching about him pushing dates further.

I even prefer this way tbh... 200-300 renders updates kinda piss me off... I'd be more than ok waiting another 3 months for a full day 10 or whatever.
Like I said animations take too long, but only someone who understands and is more level headed would know. Withought animation, no suffer, with animations, suffer, maybe it's too simple for some people to understand.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Like I said animations take too long, but only someone who understands and is more level headed would know. Withought animation, no suffer, with animations, suffer, maybe it's too simple for some people to understand.
Not always. Renders of still images or animations depend on a number of factors including pc specs, resolution, what is being rendered (how many models, items, textures ect.) also the animations are just a few seconds or even just one second long and then put on a loop. Also the rigging and posing is usually already done from downloaded assets, maybe some things are done by hand for certain scenes - im not sure as i dont know how BD does his animations but i know that he most likely does what a lot of developers do and just use downloaded poses, rigging and animations. So it could take half the time to do an animation than a still image or double - we just dont know.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Day 1-9 v0.9.4.2
That means Day 1-9
That means you are playing Day 9.
No it doesnt, it means it goes upto day 9. They could be playing day 6 for all we know.
where or when is shown which day i'm currently playing?
No way to tell yet but in the week 1 rework i believe BD mentioned there will be some way of telling

Reactions: ImperialD

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
probably even what hour of said day it is :)
You sir have problems :ROFLMAO: I love it!

As far as animations I pretty much avoid most games that don't have them. Some games can get away without them but not many in my opinion. I don't think it adds a ton of time to the development, and it certainly improves the sex scenes and makes them less stale.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornyyPussy
Nov 11, 2019
Okay look, it's disappointing when BD misses his deadlines. His real life literally has more plot twists than the VNs we play. But I hate when BD pauses his pledges, his 2 week update is bigger than most Devs 3 month update. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed and anything can happen. Make as much money as you can while you can. You deserve it man.

draxton

Dec 10, 2019
I don't think it adds a ton of time to the development
Creating animations is one of the MOST time intensive development tasks. Even crap quality animations will take time to render. Let's say it takes in average 2 minutes to render one frame, a 5 seconds animation at 30 fps will need 2 * 5 * 30 = 300 minutes (5 hours) to render.

That is, if the rendering process doesn't crash in the middle, and you don't discover an artifact or oddity that requires you to redo some or all the frames (or that you find out that the scene doesn't work and you have to scrap all the work, and start from scratch)

If you think that is not that bad, I'm ignoring designing, composing, rigging, finding the right assets, creating assets, post work and audio (and I'm still skipping other required tasks)

Increase complexity (reflective surfaces, complex materials, the number of assets and light sources), image resolution or frame rate, throw in a few effects and your render time will at least double or triple itself (or even more)

And no, having a 3090 is not a magic bullet.

Reactions: testo2 and DA22

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
You could not be more wrong.
Creating animations is one of the MOST time intensive development tasks. Even crap quality animations will take time to render. Let's say it takes in average 2 minutes to render one frame, a 5 seconds animation at 30 fps will need 2 * 5 * 30 = 300 minutes (5 hours) to render.

That is, if the rendering process doesn't crash in the middle, and you don't discover an artifact or oddity that requires you to redo some or all the frames (or that you find out that the scene doesn't work and you have to scrap all the work, and start from scratch)

If you think that is not that bad, I'm ignoring designing, composing, rigging, finding the right assets, creating assets, post work and audio (and I'm still skipping other required tasks)

Increase complexity (reflective surfaces, complex materials, the number of assets and light sources), image resolution or frame rate, throw in a few effects and your render time will at least double or triple itself (or even more)

And no, having a 3090 is not a magic bullet.
Of course I could be more wrong! I could've said they were easy or take no time at all. i didn't say anything like that. I said they don't add a TON of time to the development. Most developers or at least the ones that are doing animations should be working with more than one computer. So you can be rendering while working on other things as well. Do they take time of course they do, but I think they add a lot and are worth the time. Perhaps you don't that's fine I wasn't trying to start a debate. As far as 5 second long animations at 30 fps I'd say that number is high on both ends. I'd say most are 2-3 second loops in this game, but there are usually a few in each sex scene, so yeah that's quite a few renders. But if the developer is spending their time wisely it's not adding a TON of time.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Of course I could be more wrong! I could've said they were easy or take no time at all. i didn't say anything like that. I said they don't add a TON of time to the development. Most developers or at least the ones that are doing animations should be working with more than one computer. So you can be rendering while working on other things as well. Do they take time of course they do, but I think they add a lot and are worth the time. Perhaps you don't that's fine I wasn't trying to start a debate. As far as 5 second long animations at 30 fps I'd say that number is high on both ends. I'd say most are 2-3 second loops in this game, but there are usually a few in each sex scene, so yeah that's quite a few renders. But if the developer is spending their time wisely it's not adding a TON of time.
Unfortunately he is right in his point, they do add a ton of time plus work and I have seen it with many devs slowing down when adding them or upgrading, even Philly who according to rumors has quite the monster setup :p and that second computer could always be used for more normal renders allowing the dev to add way more renders and story, since for most devs story and coding are not the bottleneck but renders. Time and production devs can produce in that time is unfortunately not unlimited, hell not even for big studios so let alone for the small teams or solo devs on these games. :)

So it will always have an influence, newer gen videocards like the 3090 will allow them to increase their output and quality, still the basis premise of limited resources and where you use them, stays true for any game developer.

Still in a way his point is moot, it is up to the dev to decide what kind of game they wish to make, with animations or without, with NTR or without, with incest or without, with story or just pure sex. Slow burns with no reason why those women in the end will accept a relationship anyway with MC or a story where they are less resistant but it at least make sense they do, harem or single choice and so on. It is their game and their choices in the end and passion that produces a game we either want to play or not for our own reasons.

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Dev, let MC sleep well man. They don't keep the man asleep even after he was beaten. How MC does a million jobs in one day.

Reactions: Con.troller

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
I've been checking the updates and all. And I sincerely hope that the renders on the patreon posts don't end up being how the characters will be revamped. I love this game but I really don't get the kink with that weird duckface smile they all seem to have now. I was already pretty heartbroken when I played from scratch all over again on the latest update and saw that my sweet jas had the same smile too. Jas, and now it seems harp and her Natalie will have the same fate? Please don't.. Harper and Natalie had some of the best looking renders I've seen and especially the cutest smile.. Please don't give them all the same smile lol

Reactions: 1 Lone Wolf

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
There was never an incest patch being worked on, no idea where you got that from.

In fact it's been said, far too many times now, this game has no incest.

If incest is what you are waiting for, move along.
I have a shitty memory but i thought the MC has a sister? also a adopted mom and a birth mom?

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes