Jan 2, 2021
So you really don't think those 2 posts sounds negative towards the Dev? Interesting.....
No.
Just going by the attitude you've shown so far. Prove us wrong.

Sigh.
Don't see why I should but ok. All I was saying is I see it a lot on here and maybe to much time gets put in on these to meet the demand basically and the creators should take more care of their health first....now you get it

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
More like vn devs are prone to bad health
I think that is just confirmation bias. You only realize how often someone is getting sick when you focus on their work or their Life. A coworker of mine called in sick for multiple weeks this year already. I know that because he I‘m one of the first people he contacts when he is not coming into work. By focusing on your favourite visual novels, of course you learn a lot more about the personal life of the dev and their health issues. Atleast most devs don‘t suffer the same problem, most of my favourite streamers have. That is, getting a girlfriend and then quitting streaming or just stop creating the content I enjoyed them for.

Regarding the pc parts. Many devs are amateurs with a good idea. They turn it into a 0.1 version and realize there is a lot of interest for their idea. Suddenly their old machine mostly used for Minecraft and League of Legends needs to pump out high resolution renders day and night. I always thought that puts a lot of strain on their hardware. But they don‘t have the money to immediately upgrade their system. So they Delay their content, which in turn makes the players impatient.

All I want to say, everyone should be patient. This doesn’t even change if you are a „paying customer“. You are always free to cancel any subscriptions and take a step back. This counts for every dev, as Braindrop pauses pledges when he doesn‘t deliver content. That said, if I make 20k per month from Paterson, I could easily pause pledges for a few months too.

henry hopkin

Jan 20, 2018
I think that is just confirmation bias. You only realize how often someone is getting sick when you focus on their work or their Life. A coworker of mine called in sick for multiple weeks this year already. I know that because he I‘m one of the first people he contacts when he is not coming into work.

That said, if I make 20k per month from Paterson, I could easily pause pledges for a few months too.
If that coworker was sick 3 or 4 Mondays in a row, at some point it turns away from just "life happens". Once or twice is bad things happening in life, again and again and again starts to form more of a pattern. And yes, making that much a month definitely helps as that's almost as much as some people make in an entire year.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
If that coworker was sick 3 or 4 Mondays in a row, at some point it turns away from just "life happens". Once or twice is bad things happening in life, again and again and again starts to form more of a pattern. And yes, making that much a month definitely helps as that's almost as much as some people make in an entire year.
You do realize that BD is making this game on his own right? Besides, it completely irrelevant how much he makes a month, that has no bearing on his health or his family so maybe you should stop acting like an entitled brat?

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Wouldn't how much he makes be more of an incentive to be working on the game than not. Because he isn't making shit right now because he pauses pledges when he doesn't put out an update. So the idea that he is sitting back cashing checks is laughable. I'm not a patron so I'm not certain the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure it's something like 9 out of the last 14 months he has charged his patrons. And it's been a few months in a row he has had it paused now. Besides with an upcoming wedding and child on the way I'm sure he would like to be putting out updates and getting paid.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
All this jealousy and entitlement. Feels like grade school here some days. The internet the home where those picked last can feel as special as their moms always told them they are.

You can't milk someone when you ain't taking donations. It's a vn, not a cure for cancer. No one will die if it keeps getting delayed.

This vn has Harper. It is worth the wait. Life happens. There are a plethora of other vns to kill the wait, or maybe take a break from the internet and go breath some fresh, talk a walk or some other activity.

It will be released when it's ready. We are already one day closer. Relax

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I understand that people are upset with the delays. It happens in a lot of games with delays in updates. Yes it seems that some games have more delays than others, but if you really enjoy the game like WVM then it is always worth the wait. Don't forget BD is a one man team, and if anything goes wrong it impacts every part of making the game. There is no one else he can pass the responsibility on to either.

We live in a society that wants everything now and most cannot wait without complaining. It is not just like this with VN's this same crap happens with movies, TV shows, books, pc parts, video games, consoles, TVs , appliances and just about everything else.

You can't get away from the complaints so just ignore them. If you need a WVM fix replay the game. Try playing it a different way. Maybe do a non cheat path or a transgender route. There is so much content in the game you can go back and enjoy it a few different ways.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Her and Shauna are the queens of the harem and the 2 main girls. They will appear a lot.
There are something like 50 girls, we don't need them in every scene.

Them popping up in the Liz and Bailey scenes in the last update took away from the scene instead of adding to the scene.

Glad they're being removed from the Bailey one.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes