AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Pretty sure someone shared the latest post he had on patreon and it said 6th.
You refering to this one several pages back https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-9-v0-9-4-2-fix-braindrop.35910/post-5872057
And it reads
So, I know saying I'll be gone for a bit throws a release date into an even more volatile state, so let me give something concrete. (Even if it isn't what most people want to see, but at least it's something solid)
06/24/2021 5:00 p.m. EST

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
The 'in the future' thing surprised me when we found out about it. I wonder why BD did that, I don't remember him saying. It's only one or two years, so not really enough for him to be planning any kind of sci-fi thing.
I asked him that in the Discord. He said there is no specific reason and nothing requires WVM to be set in the future. It was just personal preference.

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
I appreciate that people are now having a discussion/debate about something like this, which is actually interesting, as opposed to to the same nonsense about incest and/or the update schedule.

That said, there are a lot of really bad takes here regarding the realism of MC's situation as a star athlete. I was a college athlete (baseball) at a mid-sized university, and later worked for a short time in a major D1 athletic department, so I have a decent amount of experience in this area. There is no way in hell that an athlete could get the sort of benefits that MC receives in the game without the NCAA coming down on the university with a vengeance. Yes, college athletes can be provided housing, but it is basically dorm housing. The athlete dorms are often slightly nicer than other dorms, but they are still dorms. They sure as hell aren't mansions with a dozen bedrooms and a pool. Similarly, college athletes absolutely cannot be provided with a car, even if it is a loan, as several people have suggested.

Here are a couple examples of things for which college basketball players have received lengthy suspensions from the NCAA:
1) A player was suspended six games because his mother, without the player's knowledge, took a loan from the player's former AAU coach (who had no affiliation with the university) totaling $4,500. The mom had severe health issues requiring extensive hospital bills, and the bank had foreclosed on the family's home. The mom had taken the loans, which she had paid back within weeks, to be able to keep her family off the streets. Even though the player, who was away at school, had no knowledge of any of this, he was still ruled ineligible.

2) A UNLV player was suspended for buying a used mattress and box spring from an assistant coach, and for using a moving truck provided by the coach to move the mattress.

3) Only 2 years ago, James Wiseman, who was arguably the top college player in the nation, was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for impermissible benefits his family had received his junior year of high school, when his coach paid for the Wiseman family's moving expenses, which allowed them to move so that he could attend a better school.

With all this said, MC, being the most hyped recruit in college basketball, would be under a microscope at WVM, and there is zero chance the school could have provided him a mansion and luxury vehicle without the NCAA banning him and/or the basketball team.
It sounds like all of that is some sort of "payment" being given to players. To my knowledge, the MC has never received any sort of payment from anyone. The first house is just a dorm type house. And Charles just lets him use the second one.

But still it is a game so some suspensions of disbelief is required.

And the mansion is Rachael's house. It isn't related to the school.

That part where he moves Kimmy and her family in the house he can't live anymore because he's scared of what Charles could do to him does indeed makes no sense.
If I remember after Ryker shows up at the house, the MC asks Kimmy if she still wants it because Ryker knows she will be using the house. Kimmy says it's ok.

And he is worried of Charles' control over him since he is the new star player. Kimmy is basically old news so I assume Charles doesn't even care about her, which is why she was kicked out of the house and told to be the MC's maid. Charles already exerted his control over her.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
That is part of his personality and partly why he is so great. It is great to see someone as confident as him.
There is a difference between confident and cocky.
We played 1v1 with Skye twice. We won both times and it wasn't even close and we nerly killed our opponent the second time. And still Skye has the audacity to act this cocky.

No thank you.

• Angry
Reactions: Oghmios1337

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
We played 1v1 with Skye twice. We won both times and it wasn't even close and we nerly killed our opponent the second time. And still Skye has the audacity to act this cocky.

No thank you.
You're telling me that after Skye helps you and goes to jail with you, you're still mad at him for just wanting to see if the MC could walk the talk, and maybe try to test his own limits?
To me it was just a bit of a friendly competition, he pushed himself too far, and probably learned from it.
Hopefully he keeps the attitude, Skye is great.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020

No thank you.
I've been on both sides of this. I was a very good Rugby player, I would play rings around people in my age group at club level, that gave me a lot of confidence, then I ran into a player who was world class, (As in he was a Captain of the England team later in his career) and not matter what I did, he obliterated me.

Didn't stop me trying or knock my confidence though, because when you are exposed to someone THAT good, you understand it's not because you're a bad player.

I totally relate to Skye in that situation.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes