roguerats27

Oct 15, 2020

View attachment 1813804

Hey guys.

I appreciate all of the feedback on the last post about how most of you want the update to be delivered.
I will not be releasing in chunks, it will be in one large update.
I took some time to really think things through and I've come up with a hopeful solution to relieve some of my stress about releasing something though.

I do not have a current release date scheduled for the actual update and I do not plan on sharing one until it is packaged and tested and ready to release.
I am admittedly getting hit by many waves of second thoughts. I've reworked 2 of the scenes and have come to a point where I needed some time away from working on the game itself as it was becoming a bit self destructive since what I assume is grief I am dealing with was being channeled into doubting myself. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.
It's also been very pleasant to throw myself into something to work and distract myself with that doesn't need me to be very emotionally sound.

In this time I've done a lot of "side" work and I do have some release dates for some of it.

Firstly the birthday renders will be made up to date. This will include the girls in the months of March-May. (Zoe, Wendy, Talismah, Tia, Hannah, Eden, Katie, Aubrey, Emiko, Blue/Orange, Lauren, Anna, Yuki, Green)
These will be released on May 20th at 12:00 EST

Secondly, something that's been talked about for a long time has finally been made.
It is called "Day in the life of" or "DITLO" for short. (This is my hopeful remedy for my release anxiety)
This will be a series of short stories featuring characters and what they did on previous days in the story and the first one will be centered around Harper.
All renders will be in 4k (except for in the future when they're added as playable stories from the main game, they'll have to be scaled down to 1080p, the standalone will still be 4k though)
This first set will be released on May 28th at 12:00 EST
(More info on this will be in my next post)

Thirdly, I have reworked the Character Sheets.
Looking back at it, I'm not happy with the format I chose for them previously. Also a lot of measurements have changed and I also wanted to broaden the age range a bit.
These will be released on May 30th at 12:00 EST

Once again, there are no release plans for the update yet.
I'll be completely honest when I say I'm not doing very well emotionally. I'm okay, like life is still going on but I'm finding everything to be very tasking and difficult still. This situation has caused a lot of old issues to pop back up from things that happened in the past I think.
All I want to do is lay in bed, I'm fighting myself every day to get up and be a father and husband and to work on the game.
I'm talking to my therapist twice a week and doing everything I can but nothing is working.
I know it's a "time heals all wounds" situation but the more time that passes the more I feel like I'm suffocating.
I feel like I'm on a self destructive meltdown and I have no way to stop it. Every move I can make is the wrong move somehow.
Setting the dates for this side content is very much on purpose to try and kickstart that part of my brain to get my shit together.
I don't want to unpause pledges until I release the update but at the same time I don't know when that will be and I have a family to provide for.
Either decision will stress the fuck out of me since I don't feel like I deserve anything and the guilt will eat at me and make things worse or I'll pause and feel guilty for spending time away from family for no immediate gain and the stresses of that will compound into something worse.
And that "both sides suck" is true for just about every decision I have to make right now.
God my bed looks very appealing right now thinking about this stuff.

Sorry for venting, probably shouldn't include my brain vomit here since it's a bit too personal and I don't want anyone worrying too much about me. Might edit it out later.
I just wish I could get out of my own way right now.

I don't have a whole lot left to say.
As always thank you all for showing your support and all of the kind messages.
I hope to have better news soon.
Thank you for caring enough about something I make to read these.
Love you guys and talk to you soon.
At this point, I really think he should just take all the time he needs. I understand this is pretty much how he put bread on the table. But we can't expect quality release if his mental health, life, and family is compromised.

Run back to the drawing board, find the best schedule he can work with where he could squeeze in and make time for the game. The game should just be a side hustle for him and he needs to put his family first. Even if it means compromising less money-charge for longer production time.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Not that I'm one of them, but in their defense so many developers suddenly become accident prone and come up with repeated excuses for why they cannot make a release date. It gets to a point of ridiculousness with some devs. The longer you deal with it, the more jaded you get.

BD has had an emotional rollercoaster since his last update so I understand and with so many other games out there, its easy for me to be patient.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Not that I'm one of them, but in their defense so many developers suddenly become accident prone and come up with repeated excuses for why they cannot make a release date. It gets to a point of ridiculousness with some devs. The longer you deal with it, the more jaded you get.

BD has had an emotional rollercoaster since his last update so I understand and with so many other games out there, its easy for me to be patient.
Why be the 'Devil's Advocate' on this? People need to grow up and realize that real life comes first. Yes, I do think that BD is the most unluckiest person on the face of the planet. But, anyway. I'm done with trying to get 'entitled' children to understand.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Why be the 'Devil's Advocate' on this? People need to grow up and realize that real life comes first. Yes, I do think that BD is the most unluckiest person on the face of the planet. But, anyway. I'm done with trying to get 'entitled' children to understand.
So you're saying that because its BD and not all the other developers that came before him saying all the same things that they should suddenly grow up? I play devil's advocate because people are unwilling to see things from other's perspective: They are passionate about the game too and love it, but are most likely fed up and sick of all the developers and their shitty excuses as to why they can't work like everyone else in the world does. Now it sucks for BD sure, but thats what happens after a few devs say the same things.

Then like me after dozens of them over years you just get jaded and stop caring one way or the other. I think I can coun't on two hands the number of developers with steady development without the issues over the hundreds of games I've played on here. So yeah, while they may be out of line, I can sympathize.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So you're saying that because its BD and not all the other developers that came before him saying all the same things that they should suddenly grow up? I play devil's advocate because people are unwilling to see things from other's perspective: They are passionate about the game too and love it, but are most likely fed up and sick of all the developers and their shitty excuses as to why they can't work like everyone else in the world does. Now it sucks for BD sure, but thats what happens after a few devs say the same things.

Then like me after dozens of them over years you just get jaded and stop caring one way or the other. I think I can coun't on two hands the number of developers with steady development without the issues over the hundreds of games I've played on here. So yeah, while they may be out of line, I can sympathize.
nene-rhoa-i-said-what-i-said-i-said-what-i-said.gif

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
A very important part of growing up, is doing your job, something you seem to not understand but yet we are the entitled ones.

Shit...I gave up on this game eons ago, I had a feeling this was going to be the route he took going forward.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
A very important part of growing up, is doing your job, something you seem to not understand but yet we are the entitled ones.

Shit...I gave up on this game eons ago, I had a feeling this was going to be the route he took going forward.
It's also fairly human to become ill, physically or mentally, especially after a family members death. I don't know where you live but in most civilized places that means you get to NOT work for a while but sure, you do you......

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
How some creators get a free pass, based on face value and how much likeable they are, vs some other creators where blazing pitchforks demands pause of patreon and what not if they start come up short is silly at times though.

As for the game itself. Imho way to many characters. It did water down the entire thing..

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
How some creators get a free pass, based on face value and how much likeable they are, vs some other creators where blazing pitchforks demands pause of patreon and what not if they start come up short is silly at times though.

As for the game itself. Imho way to many characters. It did water down the entire thing..
Face value is all anyone of us have unless you know the Dev personally so it just boils down to what kind of person you are i guess. Either you belive in the good of some people or you don't.

In BD's case, he has given me no reason what so ever to doubt him.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's also fairly human to become ill, physically or mentally, especially after a family members death. I don't know where you live but in most civilized places that means you get to NOT work for a while but sure, you do you......
Define work though. Because in most parts of the civilized world the bills doesn't stop coming, and the more civilized you are, the more expensive it is when a family member pass. Been there, done that a few time. And no one was standing there handing out cash...

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
You get a few days off, yes.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Face value is all anyone of us have unless you know the Dev personally so it just boils down to what kind of person you are i guess. Either you belive in the good of some people or you don't.

In BD's case, he has given me no reason what so ever to doubt him.
10 creators could give you the same story. Why believe one above the other? I'm not saying BD is giving us a story. Just saying it's silly how creators get treated different for much of the same things.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Define work though. Because in most parts of the civilized world the bills doesn't stop coming, and the more civilized you are, the more expensive it is when a family member pass. Been there, done that a few time. And no one was standing there handing out cash...
As I said, depends on where you are in the world. Here we get (somewhat reduced) paid when we are sick, short term or long term.

If you don't want to contribute to BD however he spends the money just don't subscribe to his patreon, no need through shade on someones misery just because you have an opinion.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
10 creators could give you the same story. Why believe one above the other? I'm not saying BD is giving us a story. Just saying it's silly how creators get treated different for much of the same things.
No, it isn't silly, we do what we do based on how we perceive things.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
As I said, depends on where you are in the world. Here we get (somewhat reduced) paid when we are sick, short term or long term.

If you don't want to contribute to BD however he spends the money just don't subscribe to his patreon, no need through shade on someones misery just because you have an opinion.
Not throwing shade on his misery. Just saying different creators get treated very different for much of the same things based on how much we like a creator or not. Some creators is better than others to connect with the fans, others again hardly ever interact for whatever reason and more likely to end up a target if things doesn't go on rails.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Not throwing shade on his misery. Just saying different creators get treated very different for much of the same things based on how much we like a creator or not. Some creators is better than others to connect with the fans, others again hardly ever interact for whatever reason and more likely to end up a target if things doesn't go on rails.
And you think it's weird they get treated differently then? Of course I'm gonna trust someone who is communicating regularly about what is happening than someone who says nothing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And you think it's weird they get treated differently then? Of course I'm gonna trust someone who is communicating regularly about what is happening than someone who says nothing.
People who run ponzi schemes is good at communicate too before they bolt for the door :ROFLMAO: How you like someone doesn't necessary end up good in the end.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes