Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
You're in a pirate forum, why are you so butthurt pirates are sharing opinions in a forum built for them?
I'm not butthurt about people sharing opinions. My initial point was to offer constructive criticism (tell the developer why you don't like something), or to develop a game of one's own if they aren't able to enjoy the games they are playing.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
That's not how your post reads and you know it.
My post was literally "Make something better then." I don't know how many other ways there are to read that. The rebuttal which started everything else was "you don't have to be a chef to complain about a dish."

I don't have a problem with people complaining. I have a problem when it's mean-spirited. Developers put a ton of work into these games. It gets frustrating sometimes to see just how nasty people can be towards someone they don't know over something they were given for free.

If you don't like it, don't play it. If you have a suggestion, make it. Just don't be a dick. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Sep 16, 2021
My post was literally "Make something better then." I don't know how many other ways there are to read that. The rebuttal which started everything else was "you don't have to be a chef to complain about a dish."

I don't have a problem with people complaining. I have a problem when it's mean-spirited. Developers put a ton of work into these games. It gets frustrating sometimes to see just how nasty people can be towards someone they don't know over something they were given for free.

If you don't like it, don't play it. If you have a suggestion, make it. Just don't be a dick. I don't think that's too much to ask.
do you even know who BrainDead is? if you make a suggestion, he literally does the opposite.

this shitty dev has earned every ounce of shit that gets flung at him with his antics, his lies, and manipulation.

your comment is maybe suited for other games/threads, but not this one buddy

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
And you do know who they are? Because if you know them personally and they're doing all the things claimed in this thread I could understand the vitriol a bit. But if you don't you're just assuming they're a liar because they do things you don't like.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
I'm just trying to make my game. Not trying to mess with anyone or piss anyone off. I'm just making what I find fun and hoping others enjoy it.

I made a lot of mistakes and I regret a lot. I'm trying to put it all behind me and move forward and I understand why so many people are upset with me and I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be. I did a lot of dumb shit. I'm trying to grow and do better.

I've always advocated for people to stop pledging if they weren't comfortable with release timings and I am giving all of Days 32-38 for free to all former patrons, I paused pledges for March and April, and while I am still missing release dates by a bit, things have gotten a lot more stable and content is making it out. In the past 2 months I've put out nearly 4000 renders and while that in no way shape or form makes up for the year and a half of emptiness, I can't change the past and I can only try to do better and that's what I'm doing. There's no other way to put it.

I have no ill-will for anyone here and I while I made silly decisions like teasing the Azel crowd earlier on, that is in no way how I make the game now.
I was very insecure about my game and my "contrarian" side was more of a defense mechanism than anything. I had crazy imposter syndrome and that mixed with everything else led to that year and a half.
I'm not the most mentally sound person, it is what it is.

Luckily, a lot of that insecurity isn't there anymore despite all of the shit flinging.
And if you hate me or my game then that's fine, I don't hate any of you.

I make this game to entertain myself and others, if you are entertained by the game then that's awesome, if your entertainment is derived from writing mean messages about the game and myself then hey at least I made you have fun in some way.
Though you should probably look for a healthier form of entertainment, but I'm no shrink.

Either way, I'm doing better and I'm going to continue doing so.
I hope you do enjoy whatever I make, because I will.

Take care, pirates. :)

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I'm just trying to make my game. Not trying to mess with anyone or piss anyone off. I'm just making what I find fun and hoping others enjoy it.

I made a lot of mistakes and I regret a lot. I'm trying to put it all behind me and move forward and I understand why so many people are upset with me and I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be. I did a lot of dumb shit. I'm trying to grow and do better.

I've always advocated for people to stop pledging if they weren't comfortable with release timings and I am giving all of Days 32-38 for free to all former patrons, I paused pledges for March and April, and while I am still missing release dates by a bit, things have gotten a lot more stable and content is making it out. In the past 2 months I've put out nearly 4000 renders and while that in no way shape or form makes up for the year and a half of emptiness, I can't change the past and I can only try to do better and that's what I'm doing. There's no other way to put it.

I have no ill-will for anyone here and I while I made silly decisions like teasing the Azel crowd earlier on, that is in no way how I make the game now.
I was very insecure about my game and my "contrarian" side was more of a defense mechanism than anything. I had crazy imposter syndrome and that mixed with everything else led to that year and a half.

Luckily, a lot of that insecurity isn't there anymore despite all of the shit flinging.

I make this game to entertain myself and others, if you are entertained by the game then that's awesome, if your entertainment is derived from writing mean messages about the game and myself then hey at least I made you have fun in some way.
Though you should probably look for a healthier form of entertainment, but I'm no shrink.

apu-thank-you.gif

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

Billy Crystal Tissue GIF - Billy Crystal Tissue Kleenex GIFs

Here... clean yourself up... :KEK:

Sep 16, 2021
Untitled.png

" In the past 2 months I've put out nearly 4000 renders and while that in no way shape or form makes up for the year and a half of emptiness, I can't change the past and I can only try to do better and that's what I'm doing. There's no other way to put it."

you mean 4k renders but 2k of them were the alleged update from february of 2022 or whenever it was, right? i can't remember when you started milking, if it was in 2021 or 2022, it's been such a long time

Sep 16, 2021
i love when he uses lines like this. "i make it to entertain myself and others"
and then proceeds to milk his followers for nearly two years and gives only excuses, but says he can't pause all the time because he needs to support his family

you're not making it to entertain yourself and others. you're making it to milk the cash cow

zeloch

Oct 3, 2019
Ooh a new update?! Let me guess, this update introduces a few more female characters, all with the same copy-pasted duck face, and they all know the MC due to some MacGuffin bullshit that was never mentioned in the story before and become fuck buddies immediately and of course they all join the ever-expanding harem of cloned fuck bots with no distinguishing personalities whatsoever... How close am I?

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
View attachment 2614077

" In the past 2 months I've put out nearly 4000 renders and while that in no way shape or form makes up for the year and a half of emptiness, I can't change the past and I can only try to do better and that's what I'm doing. There's no other way to put it."

you mean 4k renders but 2k of them were the alleged update from february of 2022 or whenever it was, right? i can't remember when you started milking, if it was in 2021 or 2022, it's been such a long time
I've said it ad-nauseam at this point but all of that stuff has been reworked to oblivion. And if we're going that far back then I've actually put out 5k renders since then.

A lot of those scenes planned for that update back then actually got moved. For an example, I shared a ton of teasers back in the day of a scene with Bailey in her home and that entire scene got moved from Day 32 to not this upcoming weekly but the next. All of the renders will be completely remade but still.

i love when he uses lines like this. "i make it to entertain myself and others"
and then proceeds to milk his followers for nearly two years and gives only excuses, but says he can't pause all the time because he needs to support his family

you're not making it to entertain yourself and others. you're making it to milk the cash cow
Once again, I was not well and I'll never try to justify a lot of my actions from the past year and a half. I was on some fuck shit and deluded myself into thinking it was okay for a long time.

Realized it wasn't, working on fixing it.
Life changed a lot, hard to handle, took shit for granted, found out the hard way, trying to fix it.

What is your name on patreon? I'll refund you if I can.

Sep 16, 2021
I've said it ad-nauseam at this point but all of that stuff has been reworked to oblivion. And if we're going that far back then I've actually put out 5k renders since then.

A lot of those scenes planned for that update back then actually got moved. For an example, I shared a ton of teasers back in the day of a scene with Bailey in her home and that entire scene got moved from Day 32 to not this upcoming weekly but the next. All of the renders will be completely remade but still.

Once again, I was not well and I'll never try to justify a lot of my actions from the past year and a half. I was on some fuck shit and deluded myself into thinking it was okay for a long time.

Realized it wasn't, working on fixing it.
Life changed a lot, hard to handle, took shit for granted, found out the hard way, trying to fix it.

What is your name on patreon? I'll refund you if I can.
you banned me forever ago for calling you out on patreon and discord. i think it's same as f95, or maybe HDR.

still don't understand the point of the rework if it's never being released. all those old renders reworked to oblivion, for what? to start over new and put out 5k renders in the past two years while continuing to post huge sob stories every time, creating mackenzie as a buffer, etc etc you get the idea you've read it all already.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I have no issues with critique at all. I don't get the people who continually show up to keep bashing a thing they clearly don't like. There are so many things in this world. Personally I'd rather spend my time partaking in things I enjoyed, than bashing things I didn't. The need to wallow in something that upsets you is what's strange to me.
Because it's fun and many of us are bitter about how the game once used to be good is now dreck instead.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
still don't understand the point of the rework if it's never being released. all those old renders reworked to oblivion, for what? to start over new and put out 5k renders in the past two years while continuing to post huge sob stories every time, creating mackenzie as a buffer, etc etc you get the idea you've read it all already.
A rework that was never needed either. AVN devs need to stop reworking their whole game and story until after the game is finished.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
A rework that was never needed either. AVN devs need to stop reworking their whole game and story until after the game is finished.
That I can agree with. Also rendering at 4K resolution when the majority of users barely have 1080P capable monitors is kinda redundant.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes