KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Lol look at this whole graph / progress bar thing. I just can't help but wonder how much time and effort it cost just to put that together. I'm long past my naiveté in believing this guy with his BS excuses but things like this really prove how undisciplined and how much of a procrastinator he is; this type of thing reminds me so much of myself when I need to make progress on a project and instead focus my attention on irrelevant formatting shit. But I have not once seen BD acknowledge that part of his problem(s). Which makes me think he isn't aware of it and he really is flabbergasted everytime himself when he doesn't hit a deadline. Shit like this is definitely part of the reason.

This is probably a point a lot of people have made already but "accountability" is not giving a list of excuses and saying it's ok to be pissed lol. Actual accountability would probably be reimbursing all of his Patrons after he made a last-ditch promise at the end of June that he would release the update at the beginning of July just to cling on to them and give them a reason not to cancel their membership. We all know he's not going to actually release this update now by the end of the month after he himself doesn't even believe it will be out by the 20th. So what accountability are we talking about here? Is the accountability in the room with us?

Thats 1 thing I will give the guy, he does pause his patreon alot, I have seen a lot of devs milk patreon for soo long without giving anything and never pausing payments but BD does pause for months on end so I will give him that.
I know that he used to do that but does he still? From what I've seen lately, he's been skewing more towards giving end-of-month progress reports and false promises so that he has an excuse not to pause pledges for the next month (as mentioned above).

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
i
Lol look at this whole graph / progress bar thing. I just can't help but wonder how much time and effort it cost just to put that together. I'm long past my naiveté in believing this guy with his BS excuses but things like this really prove how undisciplined and how much of a procrastinator he is; this type of thing reminds me so much of myself when I need to make progress on a project and instead focus my attention on irrelevant formatting shit. But I have not once seen BD acknowledge that part of his problem(s). Which makes me think he isn't aware of it and he really is flabbergasted everytime himself when he doesn't hit a deadline. Shit like this is definitely part of the reason.

This is probably a point a lot of people have made already but "accountability" is not giving a list of excuses and saying it's ok to be pissed lol. Actual accountability would probably be reimbursing all of his Patrons after he made a last-ditch promise at the end of June that he would release the update at the beginning of July just to cling on to them and give them a reason not to cancel their membership. We all know he's not going to actually release this update now by the end of the month after he himself doesn't even believe it will be out by the 20th. So what accountability are we talking about here? Is the accountability in the room with us?

I know that he used to do that but does he still? From what I've seen lately, he's been skewing more towards giving end-of-month progress reports and false promises so that he has an excuse not to pause pledges for the next month (as mentioned above).
no idea how much that progress bar thing took time to make, but i see Mabel - i press like :ROFLMAO: still waiting for the rest of 52/52 weekly updates :ROFLMAO:

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Nah. He literally can´t pause the pledges cuz he´s currently supporting so many ppl IRL.... At least that was his excuse when he reactivated it last time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: kcaldw

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
At this point, I'm pretty sure he just compiles those Discord posts from strips of paper he's written excuses/reasons or whatever you want to call them on, given each strip a number, and then uses a random number generator to select the ones he'll post next.

He just... keeps doing the same thing every time and never learns that if he would simply stop talking, 95% of his issues would go away. People don't care about long update times, they care about the endless text walls he keeps posting trying to justify the long update times. Which basically always backfire on him, which makes it worse.

----

In those latest posts, he....

- Listed everything you could think of as for why the update isn't ready. Daz crashes, Android crashes, IRL crashes, animation crashes, loading crashes, Renpy crashes.
- Because of those issues above. He can't release the smaller update sooner like he wanted, so he scraped that idea and delayed it even more because...
- He's going to to combine the small updates into one big update to make up for the delay even though the release times were a huge mistake and he wanted to get the update out as soon as possible.
- Then said the update, of 1.7k renders and 40 animations, would be complete around the 20th but that's not a hard date. And he's not promising, but it'll definitely be this month for sure. He's doing everything and he's taking full accountability for his actions.
- He also intends to make updates smaller, but he gets in his own head and reworks things too much, so he can't do smaller updates even though he indents to.
- Which causes him to panic and feel guilty but even though he panics and gets in his own head and can't do smaller updates he wants to make 100-200 render updates again. But he's not promising 52/52... again.

----

I mean... come on. Braindrop, if you read this forum anymore, just stop.The first step in stopping this cycle, if you're being honest about it, is to stop posting about it. You're just making yourself look like a mental hospital patient with these posts otherwise.
BD'S Magic Excuse Maker

BD's-Magic-E-maker.gif

burningdaylight88

Nov 6, 2023
So, has this game just not been marked as abandoned because the dev is providing updates?

I don't recall any concrete proof that development is actually happening, just BD talking about how much he has done and then setting a release and making excuses when the day passes.

It's like back in school when you've done zero work on your book report but you continue to make excuses as if you've read the book and you're just writing up your report when the reality is you haven't even opened the book yet.

I believe BD hasn't done a single minute of actual dev work on this project and does not plan to do anything because he's still getting paid. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I believe BD hasn't done a single minute of actual dev work on this project and does not plan to do anything because he's still getting paid. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
That's a bit of a stretch. You don't start seeing that kind of money coming in on a monthly basis and then decide to not have motivation for it like "eh, no thanks."

They're like any other of the bigger devs out there, even some of the smaller ones, they get so in their head about each and every render/scene/animation needing to be absolute perfection that they wind up having scope creep in their AVNs and a massive backlog of stuff that should have been done because they've been working on a single scene for 3 weeks instead of 3 days or whatever.

Gotta be bigger and better, but then wind up hooking the ball on to the fairway 2 holes over so to speak. While BD clearly sees the issues with their work flow/process, they've yet to do anything to actually address it with anything other than lip-service to their supporters.

Works being done, but by someone who would clearly have a hard time organizing a case of crabs in a whore house in a timely manner.

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
That's a bit of a stretch. You don't start seeing that kind of money coming in on a monthly basis and then decide to not have motivation for it like "eh, no thanks."

They're like any other of the bigger devs out there, even some of the smaller ones, they get so in their head about each and every render/scene/animation needing to be absolute perfection that they wind up having scope creep in their AVNs and a massive backlog of stuff that should have been done because they've been working on a single scene for 3 weeks instead of 3 days or whatever.

Gotta be bigger and better, but then wind up hooking the ball on to the fairway 2 holes over so to speak. While BD clearly sees the issues with their work flow/process, they've yet to do anything to actually address it with anything other than lip-service to their supporters.

Works being done, but by someone who would clearly have a hard time organizing a case of crabs in a whore house in a timely manner.
I asked a few times if there are still believers...
I did not believe there would be any :oops:
"Works being done" literally spilled my coffee :cry:

burningdaylight88

Nov 6, 2023
It may be a stretch, but on the other side of that coin, if you have that amount of money coming in on a monthly basis despite having produced no results, what motivation would he have to actually do the work? The money still comes in regardless of his actual output.

I get what you're saying though, but in a real job if you're getting paid and not producing results, you get fired. That's your motivation to keep producing results. In his case, nobody is gonna fire him for not producing. Yea, he might lose some subscribers, but his loyal subscribers who believe his excuse rolodex will keep paying him, as we've seen.

People will always do as little work as possible for as long as they can to keep their paycheck coming in. If all he has to do is say he's "working on it" and provide "dev updates" and never actually put anything out, that seems like a pretty sweet deal; even if that plan is not sustainable in the long run. Granted, if money gets too low, he can drop a "baby's first update" to get a few more subscribers and restart his grift, but for how long does that work?

But, I'm just jaded at this point. He could prove me and everyone else wrong by dropping a massive and amazing update, but I won't hold my breath.

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes