hic86

Jul 24, 2022
He says the update is big to make up for the delays, which cause more delays, which leads him to promise bigger updates to make up for it and so on.

He's been in this cycle for a while. Constantly trying to justify himself, make up for things by over promising to calm people down, and then he falls off again and it repeats.

Like I said in my last post, 95% of his issues would go away if he'd stop talking.

Most people would be happy with a 2k update once per year. Yet he keeps falling over his own two feet desperately trying to prove himself and calm people down that wouldn't even be mad if he wouldn't keep trying to prove himself and "make it better".
This would 100% make everything worse, but it is very close to the remedy that is needed.

95% of his issues would be resolved if he stopped lying, and over-promising. Solid honest communication would be a net positive for him.

Edit: Over-sharing (personal issues) is an issue for BD too, and many take it as just making up excuses.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Like I said in my last post, 95% of his issues would go away if he'd stop talking.
95% of his issues would be resolved if he stopped lying, and over-promising. Solid honest communication would be a net positive for him.
I don't know how you, hic86, can reconcile that. If you think he's lying then you obviously think that the truth is that he's just a scammer, that he knows he'll never meet his deadlines and that he wants to keep milking his Patron while he takes it easy. But how in the world would admitting to all that with "solid honest communication" be better for him? On the contrary, it would probably mean that some, if not most, of the people that presently for some reason still believe his lies would finally jump ship.

I think he actually does tell the truth a lot of the time. I'm not saying there's no deception going on, he knows what he's doing when he's scrambling for a post on the 30th of a given month promising the update soon. But I think mostly, he probably kinda tells the truth with his excuses. I think he's just mostly a fundamentally disorganized and undisciplined person who can't help himself but procrastinate if he doesn't have any real pressure—which he obviously doesn't since he's seen that most of his Patrons won't abandon him apparently no matter how weak the excuse.

Which makes me agree with jamdan on this, BD should just shut up, release whenever he's ready to release and be done with it. Maybe post a teaser pic without comment every now and again to let people know you're still working on it. But that would definitely be so much better.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes