Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I don't know why, but i don't believe that this update will have anything near those 1700 renders that he talked, something will happen, he will "lose" again a lot of stuff and the update will end in 10-15min with 250 renders...
100%. It's gonna launch with about 300 renders at most and if he actually has more scenes ready then he'll launch them over the next few weeks to maintain the illusion that he's back on track.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
BD has created thousands upon thousands of renders for single releases. The only thing is, he keeps redoing them for months on end. So like 300 renders total could be made, but in the end only 20 make the cut.

Just speculation of course, because in reality it doesn't fucking matter, the result is the same: meager amount of renders after long stretches of time supposedly spent on the game.

Reactions: jonnyd901

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
BD has created thousands upon thousands of renders for single releases. The only thing is, he keeps redoing them for months on end. So like 300 renders total could be made, but in the end only 20 make the cut.

Just speculation of course, because in reality it doesn't fucking matter, the result is the same: meager amount of renders after long stretches of time supposedly spent on the game.
*hasn't created

Reactions: jonnyd901

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
if and I mean "IF" there is an update

I hope its not a fucking DITL those are the most stupid side stories ever
instead of doing the main story dude is busy making side quest
and i normally enjoy doing Side quest but not these
I mean , usually with him , the sidequest IS the new content . Instead of moving the plot along , here is another batch of girls and filler scenes with them . Usually .
Which makes it even weirder that he felt the need to release a separate mini-game

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019

More likely he's just doing the same thing of promising x amount of renders for y date. After y date passes, he promises x+100 renders for y+30. Rinse, repeat for a while. After a while the promised number of renders is so high (x+1000), he freaks out, goes radio silent. Pause, unpause of Patreon, medical issue, tech issue. Back to the promises, update is now so large (x+1500) that he might break it up into two parts. Patron poll on issue. Ignores result. Hems, haws. Releases birthday sheets and other time wasting stuff. More delays. Eventually, 300-400 render update is released with promise of next, much larger part, "soon".

Reactions: YepperCause

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Yeah i don't believe in the tales of the "perfectionist that keeps redoing renders over and over , yet somehow screws up hard with black bars , duck faces , and delivers low tiers characters that are not only ugly but color coded and named " . He's just overselling and fibbing

Reactions: Ajghz

Damien81a

Aug 4, 2022
I don't know why, but i don't believe that this update will have anything near those 1700 renders that he talked, something will happen, he will "lose" again a lot of stuff and the update will end in 10-15min with 250 renders...
the usual pattern is that he says he have 1000+ renders and the update is just days away. then he goes silent fore ages. then he miss some deadlines, a cupple of months go past whit yet more missed deadlines and "problems", then to somehowe justify the delays he upps the render count +500 or so and no worry the update is just a few days away (this is the point in hiss bs were at ringht nowe) then its folowed by more deadlines that he miss and this stage drags on and on, then somthing big is going to happen in his personal life frend/family crissies.. well time to putt up some more deadlines/ miss them all, then its aboute time to chop the big update in to smaler chunks aboute 400 renders or so cause somhowe that is going to be eacier to realeas altho still claming the update whit 2k+ renders is done and gtg. then over the next 6 months or so he doles oute 4 or 5 updates and when you add up all the renders he is stil missing like 500 of then. then rince and reapeat

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
He says the update is big to make up for the delays, which cause more delays, which leads him to promise bigger updates to make up for it and so on.

He's been in this cycle for a while. Constantly trying to justify himself, make up for things by over promising to calm people down, and then he falls off again and it repeats.

Like I said in my last post, 95% of his issues would go away if he'd stop talking.

Most people would be happy with a 2k update once per year. Yet he keeps falling over his own two feet desperately trying to prove himself and calm people down that wouldn't even be mad if he wouldn't keep trying to prove himself and "make it better".

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
He says the update is big to make up for the delays, which cause more delays, which leads him to promise bigger updates to make up for it and so on.

He's been in this cycle for a while. Constantly trying to justify himself, make up for things by over promising to calm people down, and then he falls off again and it repeats.

Like I said in my last post, 95% of his issues would go away if he'd stop talking.

Most people would be happy with a 2k update once per year. Yet he keeps falling over his own two feet desperately trying to prove himself and calm people down that wouldn't even be mad if he wouldn't keep trying to prove himself and "make it better".
This would 100% make everything worse, but it is very close to the remedy that is needed.

95% of his issues would be resolved if he stopped lying, and over-promising. Solid honest communication would be a net positive for him.

Edit: Over-sharing (personal issues) is an issue for BD too, and many take it as just making up excuses.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
95% of his issues would be resolved if he stopped lying, and over-promising. Solid honest communication would be a net positive for him.
I don't know how you, hic86, can reconcile that. If you think he's lying then you obviously think that the truth is that he's just a scammer, that he knows he'll never meet his deadlines and that he wants to keep milking his Patron while he takes it easy. But how in the world would admitting to all that with "solid honest communication" be better for him? On the contrary, it would probably mean that some, if not most, of the people that presently for some reason still believe his lies would finally jump ship.

I think he actually does tell the truth a lot of the time. I'm not saying there's no deception going on, he knows what he's doing when he's scrambling for a post on the 30th of a given month promising the update soon. But I think mostly, he probably kinda tells the truth with his excuses. I think he's just mostly a fundamentally disorganized and undisciplined person who can't help himself but procrastinate if he doesn't have any real pressure—which he obviously doesn't since he's seen that most of his Patrons won't abandon him apparently no matter how weak the excuse.

Which makes me agree with jamdan on this, BD should just shut up, release whenever he's ready to release and be done with it. Maybe post a teaser pic without comment every now and again to let people know you're still working on it. But that would definitely be so much better.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
I don't know how you, hic86, can reconcile that. If you think he's lying then you obviously think that the truth is that he's just a scammer, that he knows he'll never meet his deadlines and that he wants to keep milking his Patron while he takes it easy. But how in the world would admitting to all that with "solid honest communication" be better for him? On the contrary, it would probably mean that some, if not most, of the people that presently for some reason still believe his lies would finally jump ship.

I think he actually does tell the truth a lot of the time. I'm not saying there's no deception going on, he knows what he's doing when he's scrambling for a post on the 30th of a given month promising the update soon. But I think mostly, he probably kinda tells the truth with his excuses. I think he's just mostly a fundamentally disorganized and undisciplined person who can't help himself but procrastinate if he doesn't have any real pressure—which he obviously doesn't since he's seen that most of his Patrons won't abandon him apparently no matter how weak the excuse.

Which makes me agree with jamdan on this, BD should just shut up, release whenever he's ready to release and be done with it. Maybe post a teaser pic without comment every now and again to let people know you're still working on it. But that would definitely be so much better.
My assumption isn't that he is "Just a scammer", I think he is a procrastinator (which to my recollection he hasn't stated for himself), that over-promises and under delivers. When his feet start being held to the fire, he drops a bunch of "personal drama" to try and cover his ass... And if I am right and he loses subs for solid honest communication, that's better for everyone (except maybe him, but his supporters are pretty fanatical.... most would likely stick around).

If he wanted to do 1 update a year, or every 6 months, Everyone would be fine with it, I agree with you on that. Problem is he doesn't convey what his plans are, and as soon as he does, he shoots himself in the foot and breaks his word. If he was honest, and communicated clearly, he wouldn't have most of his issues.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022

If you'd be happy with a 2k update once a year... then if he releases 1700 in a bit over half a year, you should be super happy, right? Just ignore his impostor syndrome and enjoy the VN. That's what I do anyway.

Reactions: NotTheReal16
Aug 13, 2017

His mindset bleeds into his work. You could tell the type of person he is by playing through half the game. I have to constantly skip through dialog due to how sickly sweet it is. This is a person who wants to be pampered and loved by all. The very first time the MC does anything of his own agency that's "bad" he instantly runs it back and turns it from a story about a godly basketball player who has a harem to a story about some baby being constantly coddled by every woman he comes across while being told how great they are. Honestly in my opinion it's pathetic but I can't judge someone who's writing their own story. I just think they need to learn that they can't please everybody. It's a fools errand and you'll only end up letting down the very people you seek to appease.

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes