Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hope it's not too long - 5 months so far is a long fucking time.
Eh around here 5 months ain't nothing. There are vn's pushing a year plus...

It's not like any pirates will die if they have to wait longer. It's not the cure for cancer or the solution for world peace.

It's an adult visual novel and it has years to go before it's end... so if waiting is too much for people to handle: this (vn has nearly 5 years left before completion) may not be for them...

Tarrang

Oct 13, 2021
Eh around here 5 months ain't nothing. There are vn's pushing a year plus...

It's not like any pirates will die if they have to wait longer. It's not the cure for cancer or the solution for world peace.

It's an adult visual novel and it has years to go before it's end... so if waiting is too much for people to handle: this (vn has nearly 5 years left before completion) may not be for them...
A lot come out with new stuff every month or more, at least the few I'm a patron of, or at least every few.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
A lot come out with new stuff every month or more, at least the few I'm a patron of, or at least every few.
What one Dev does doesn't equate to another, they all have different real life situations, help from others, higher/lower graphic quality etc......

As long as it IS coming I see no problem waiting for as long as it takes, as SPF said, in the end it's "just" a free Adult VN, it's development time won't change anything for any of us. There are many other VN's to try in the meantime.

Reactions: sava75 and Gripping

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

9AAA9141-F4B2-469D-B41E-40DDD1396D5B.png
Sup'ge.

After the book earlier this week and since I feel I overshared... gonna keep it mostly short.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- I've been getting back into things after my little "break". After everything it's very refreshing to be back, I'm having a lot of fun and I'm full of ideas.

Renders made this prior week:
New - 49 renders and 0 animation
Week 1 redo - 58 renders and 1 animation
Renders per day - 17.8 (6 days since returning)
Personal related stuff:
- Still adjusting to things. I'm doing my best to find as much time to work without putting too much stress on anyone. It's challenging but I've been managing it so far.

Upcoming Releases:

- 2nd beta (December 14th - 24th)
giving myself a lot of leeway, I don't feel much different than I did on my last post about being ready to put something out. Although I'm confident with another 1-2 weeks under my belt I'll feel much more capable of doing so.
- 3rd beta (January 6th)
I said in my last post that there'd be two betas in December but I didn't really think about the holidays. I'm going to set this date but if I feel I have the time to properly address any issues then this will be released sooner.

- Full release of days 10-14 (Febuary 14th)
Upcoming side content this week:
- Birthday renders for Rainn (12/10)

- Client poll where we pick out a hairstyle (12/7)

Random previous Birthday render:

(Join the discord to see b-day renders in 4k)

That's it for this week!
I appreciate everyone being patient and I'm happy to be back to a somewhat normal work flow.
As always, I'm so thankful for all of you.
Love you guys and I'll see you next week <3

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

View attachment 1529558
Sup'ge.

After the book earlier this week and since I feel I overshared... gonna keep it mostly short.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- I've been getting back into things after my little "break". After everything it's very refreshing to be back, I'm having a lot of fun and I'm full of ideas.

Renders made this prior week:
New - 49 renders and 0 animation
Week 1 redo - 58 renders and 1 animation
Renders per day - 17.8 (6 days since returning)
Personal related stuff:
- Still adjusting to things. I'm doing my best to find as much time to work without putting too much stress on anyone. It's challenging but I've been managing it so far.

Upcoming Releases:

- 2nd beta (December 14th - 24th)
giving myself a lot of leeway, I don't feel much different than I did on my last post about being ready to put something out. Although I'm confident with another 1-2 weeks under my belt I'll feel much more capable of doing so.
- 3rd beta (January 6th)
I said in my last post that there'd be two betas in December but I didn't really think about the holidays. I'm going to set this date but if I feel I have the time to properly address any issues then this will be released sooner.

- Full release of days 10-14 (Febuary 14th)
Upcoming side content this week:
- Birthday renders for Rainn (12/10)

- Client poll where we pick out a hairstyle (12/7)

Random previous Birthday render:

(Join the discord to see b-day renders in 4k)

That's it for this week!
I appreciate everyone being patient and I'm happy to be back to a somewhat normal work flow.
As always, I'm so thankful for all of you.
Love you guys and I'll see you next week <3
Thanks as always for posting that here <3 much appreciated Bøb69

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I'm glad BD's doing better, but I gotta say, I've never been a fan of him redoing week 1 as that's taken a lot of focus off from new content and in turn, pushing him into a corner.

Reactions: Krynh

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Whatever keeps dev”s hed in this game is a good thing to do and enjoy it.

The beginnings are always rough .. many gamers can do replays of their faves,
while seeing the good and the better of newer releases.

Devs going back to polish what got them into gaming is never a bad thing.

Whenever it gets that tedious it naggs their souls, though, that is the right time
for us to pull them right back to present day
and motivate them with fresh ideas and new endeavors
to keep their creation juices flowing.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Whatever keeps dev”s hed in this game is a good thing to do and enjoy it.

Devs going back to polish what got them into gaming is never a bad thing.
In principle, I agree with you, but from a "market-policy" point of view this is often not a very smart idea, as we humans tend to be impatient.

If a remaster delays the progress of the new content, some developers may well lose the support of some users.

Personally, I don't care how long an update takes, as I'm mostly sure that this waiting time will pay off for me in the end and if I'm not a patron then there is no reason for me to be impatient anyway, but of course not everyone thinks like me.

But I can also totally understand the developer's point of view, because first and foremost you have to be satisfied with your product yourself in order to ensure the motivation for the further process.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
In principle, I agree with you, but from a "market-policy" point of view this is often not a very smart idea, as we humans tend to be impatient.

If a remaster delays the progress of the new content, some developers may well lose the support of some users.

Personally, I don't care how long an update takes, as I'm mostly sure that this waiting time will pay off for me in the end and if I'm not a patron then there is no reason for me to be impatient anyway, but of course not everyone thinks like me.

But I can also totally understand the developer's point of view, because first and foremost you have to be satisfied with your product yourself in order to ensure the motivation for the further process.
I am a Patreon and I agree with 100% :) I have no problem waiting for it as long as I know progress is being made. And considering what RL keeps throwing at BD (good and bad) I'm very impressed he releases as often as he does.

Kronos405

Aug 25, 2020
I feel like I asked this a couple of months ago but I'm also dumbass and forgot but is the new update days 10-14 and the week one rework? or is the rework coming out later in life?

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Hopefully rework doesn't mean needs a start from beginning. Way too far in for that.
A restart would be necessary to at the very least better understand certain contexts of the story & characters going forward with Days 10+/Week 2+ events.
Some planned examples just to name a few...:
- The planned Shauna female version backstory reworked to differentiate itself from the trans version instead of being just a copy and paste job.
- The proper introduction of the character Granny (owner of the Diner where Penelope's works, who was introduced to us in the 0.10 beta (Day 10) release) inserting her into earlier parts of the story in Days 1-7 (Week 1). So she'll won't be a random new character.
- New scenes that weren't there before being gonna be added in Week 1.
- Some character relationships having some changes and/or additional content added for Week 1 rework, one being MC and Rachael will have already know each other for some time before Day 1, instead of meeting each other for the first time on Day 1 in the current version.
- Some characters' models (overall face & body or just hairstyle) updated to the current newer models for Days 1-7.

You'll forget how long it is as long if you're very engaged into the story & scenes. Plus we'll get to the revisit favor scenes from before with newer scenes added into the mix :).

Tarrang

Oct 13, 2021
A restart would be necessary to at the very least better understand certain contexts of the story & characters going forward with Days 10+/Week 2+ events.
Some planned examples just to name a few...:
- The planned Shauna female version backstory reworked to differentiate itself from the trans version instead of being just a copy and paste job.
- The proper introduction of the character Granny (owner of the Diner where Penelope's works, who was introduced to us in the 0.10 beta (Day 10) release) inserting her into earlier parts of the story in Days 1-7 (Week 1). So she'll won't be a random new character.
- New scenes that weren't there before being gonna be added in Week 1.
- Some character relationships having some changes and/or additional content added for Week 1 rework, one being MC and Rachael will have already know each other for some time before Day 1, instead of meeting each other for the first time on Day 1 in the current version.
- Some characters' models (overall face & body or just hairstyle) updated to the current newer models for Days 1-7.

You'll forget how long it is as long if you're very engaged into the story & scenes. Plus we'll get to the revisit favor scenes from before with newer scenes added into the mix :).

I don't care about seeing new things from old parts, just don't want to have to go through everything again. I HATE when games do that. After about the 4th or 5th release they should have their shit together enough you don't need that. I certainly don't care about galleries.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
At the beginning of the development of this game, it was super popular. It got a lot of support very quickly, and updates came out lightning fast.

Until around the time of the Ryder fight, then shit kept piling on the Dev and things kept going slow.

Now I am not going to berate anyone for real world issues interfering with development, but he has to get his speed swing back up or this game is going to take literal years to finish. Now the amount people donate, and the amount Devs get paid really does vary and some Devs who deserve more get shafted while others who should be unsubbed have loyal followers.

BD isn't at something like Pinkcake or Dot's level but he gets far more than some devs who put out updates every month like clockwork. All I'm saying is, his patrons should be getting things faster than they are.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes