Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Seeing all the latest post and the developers last decision... damn. I still like this game and I made a commitment in the past, but now I don't know what to think. There is still hope that DB is just a bit stuck with the game update and does the DITLO thing instead as it get inspired for the real game update. I don't think DITLO is good or bad, but I think DB should first ask the patrons what they think for sure. Either way, time is going to tell...

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

See the older "DITLO Explained"!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I tried to keep it short and to the point but that almost always feels like a mistake because when you're this behind on something, people assume the worst and completely forget everything you've said in the past so you have to say it again.

I went ahead and made this day in the life of as I have been dealing with issues around releasing the main update. Mainly anxiety just based off the many changes and the delays and everything.
Mental health hasn't been doing so hot and I don't think I could handle a bad release right now. I couldn't handle the backlash or criticism and I feel like it would do way more long term damage to me than waiting a little bit longer.
I care a lot about this shit, too much in fact. I'm not here twiddling an evil mustache I'm here trying to fucking function and get through it.
That's the complete truth, it doesn't make me sound good but it's what's happening.
Many have said to just release it and walk away from the computer but I know myself and I wouldn't be able to.

I've also been in a mood where I want to change everything about the update but I know that's mostly the anxiety manifesting itself so I've done my best to not touch the actual update as I'm worried about going down the rabbit hole of "fixing" everything.

Add those things together and I decided to make something I've been talking about for well over a year.
I'm not focusing on DITLO over the update or anything. I have no intentions of working on the next one until at least July anyway.
I made DITLO simply because it felt good to make right now. I'm hoping putting something out there even if it's not what everyone wants will help me get over some of my release anxiety.

That's it. All of this has been said before but now it's all in one place so hopefully it translates better.
Also I haven't completely stopped working on the main game. I've still been making progress with the month 1 redo and the update after this one.

Okay, ditlo dropping soon. Thanks for reading (again)

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Seeing all the latest post and the developers last decision... damn. I still like this game and I made a commitment in the past, but now I don't know what to think. There is still hope that DB is just a bit stuck with the game update and does the DITLO thing instead as it get inspired for the real game update. I don't think DITLO is good or bad, but I think DB should first ask the patrons what they think for sure. Either way, time is going to tell...
Despite my pessimistic comments. The actual game is quite amazing. I mean, it has a "International League of Hot women" that save abused children. As well as many other storylines that are touching.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Honestly, from the sounds of it, if he's really stressed out about the update, from where I'm sitting, it sounds more like self sabotage at this point, where he's stressed because he thinks the update isn't perfect, in turn delaying it, and in turn causing him to stress out more because of the delay, in turn causing him to overthink things and see more flaws in the update, causing him to re-work it, in turn delaying it further, and now he's entered into an endless spiral that's going to fuck him over hard. I hate that he's going through this, but at this point, he may very well just need to bite the bullet and release what there is, because if he doesn't, he's going to keep remaking the update, delaying it, causing more delays, and screw himself over beyond repair. Worst of all, that will lead to massive distrust within those who support him and in turn, possibly lead to a major decline in supporters.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Despite my pessimistic comments. The actual game is quite amazing. I mean, it has a "International League of Hot women" that save abused children. As well as many other storylines that are touching.
Hey. In my post I was not pointing to anyone specifically. Sorry if you feel somehow offended about my post but was not pointed to you or anyone else. I do like the game and respect the developer, but the drama is eating up this thread so bad.

Anyways, seeing the last minute patrons post from the DB is just as I suspected. He is going through rough times for sure yet I do believe he will be back on track with the game updates.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Honestly, from the sounds of it, if he's really stressed out about the update, from where I'm sitting, it sounds more like self sabotage at this point, where he's stressed because he thinks the update isn't perfect, in turn delaying it, and in turn causing him to stress out more because of the delay, in turn causing him to overthink things and see more flaws in the update, causing him to re-work it, in turn delaying it further, and now he's entered into an endless spiral that's going to fuck him over hard. I hate that he's going through this, but at this point, he may very well just need to bite the bullet and release what there is, because if he doesn't, he's going to keep remaking the update, delaying it, causing more delays, and screw himself over beyond repair. Worst of all, that will lead to massive distrust within those who support him and in turn, possibly lead to a major decline in supporters.
I had just mention the spiral of doubt in my last post looks like he is already there.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
My own interest in WVM has waned heavily, mostly because impregnation and pregnacy are massive turn-offs for me but seem to be BD's primary flavour. There was the initial promise that Rachel's clients would feature only until they were impregnated at which point thy would no longer be part of MC's life; that turned out to be untrue as 2 of the clients have turned out to have larger roles within the story.

Then there was the Talismah debacle where BD, as far as I can tell, combined an LI with a client which resulted in a storyline in which Rachel was pimping out her pseudo-daughter.

Finally there was the last actual update in which Jamie all butadmitted that she intends to get pregnant by the MC, despite the fact that is a really stupid thing to do since she's 18 years old and MC has yet to secure his future by getting drafted.

At this point I'm watching this thread with popcorn, I no longer care about the game but enjoy the back and forth.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Day in the life of
We'll never know... i made a comment in this "DITLO" post on patreon simply asking why this minigame is being created instead of finishing the main game... It had a like or two, and now i'm removed as a patreon :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh well, i went to a one dollar membership the past few months. He doesn't care about that level of support.
He remove you from his patrons for what you wrote???:oops: This is crazy

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Hey. In my post I was not pointing to anyone specifically. Sorry if you feel somehow offended about my post but was not pointed to you or anyone else. I do like the game and respect the developer, but the drama is eating up this thread so bad.

Anyways, seeing the last minute patrons post from the DB is just as I suspected. He is going through rough times for sure yet I do believe he will be back on track with the game updates.
No worries, not offended at all. I'm sure my posts come off as hating the game, but actually it's the contrary.

Reactions: affque and Ozzfest

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Okay, so I tried to keep it short and to the point but that almost always feels like a mistake because when you're this behind on something, people assume the worst and completely forget everything you've said in the past so you have to say it again.

I went ahead and made this day in the life of as I have been dealing with issues around releasing the main update. Mainly anxiety just based off the many changes and the delays and everything.
Mental health hasn't been doing so hot and I don't think I could handle a bad release right now. I couldn't handle the backlash or criticism and I feel like it would do way more long term damage to me than waiting a little bit longer.
I care a lot about this shit, too much in fact. I'm not here twiddling an evil mustache I'm here trying to fucking function and get through it.
That's the complete truth, it doesn't make me sound good but it's what's happening.
Many have said to just release it and walk away from the computer but I know myself and I wouldn't be able to.

I've also been in a mood where I want to change everything about the update but I know that's mostly the anxiety manifesting itself so I've done my best to not touch the actual update as I'm worried about going down the rabbit hole of "fixing" everything.

Add those things together and I decided to make something I've been talking about for well over a year.
I'm not focusing on DITLO over the update or anything. I have no intentions of working on the next one until at least July anyway.
I made DITLO simply because it felt good to make right now. I'm hoping putting something out there even if it's not what everyone wants will help me get over some of my release anxiety.

That's it. All of this has been said before but now it's all in one place so hopefully it translates better.
Also I haven't completely stopped working on the main game. I've still been making progress with the month 1 redo and the update after this one.

I understand what he says, and it is what i feared, he thinks this will help him get out of the circle of redoing stuff.

It wont, the only way to get out of the perfectionist circle is to understand that its a viscious circle and to stop trying to reach perfection.

I do believe he is doing everything in good faith, and this is what i meant a few days ago when i said the patreons that voted to wait untill he thinks the update is ready instead of giving him a rope to get ouf of the rabbit hole, they pushed Braindrop even further down.

The update will NEVER be perfect in his eyes. There will always be something to do slitghly different. The updates where really good when they were done weekly, it will be great after so many months, the problem is in his head, not on the update.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019

I do appreciate you providing these updates here.

Now my thoughts on his speech. If his mental health is so bedridden so to speak that he can't work on the update. He shouldn't be working on anything at all. No birthday renders, no 8 episode side project. Because if he can put in the effort of rendering birthday renders and 167 render project, he has the mental aptitude to work on the promise of the main update.

Funny he is getting criticism from not providing the update. So he is worried about criticism if he provides the update but he is still getting criticized for not providing an update.

Reminds me of the Reaper logic in Mass Effect.

We created synthetics to kill organics so synthetics don't kill organics.

Like I am making birthday renders and this 8 episode so I don't get criticized about the main update but I am getting criticized because I am not providing the main update.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
nbc-world-of-dance.gif
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
So instead of providing people with the 2000K render update that he promised months ago. He is wasting time with other stuff? I mean seriously. The guy goes into a "I can't work because I am sad blah blah blah". But decides to work on stuff that people are not looking forward to instead.

It amazes me that his supporter put up with it!
Have you ever worked on something while dealing with tragedy or grief, especially a passion of yours? Sometimes the best thing you can do is shift to something other than it so it doesn't become a burden or worse so you don't trash it out of spite or self destruction. He hasn't given up on it he's simply shifted to a side project within it so he doesn't lose the passion for his work.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
My own interest in WVM has waned heavily, mostly because impregnation and pregnacy are massive turn-offs for me but seem to be BD's primary flavour. There was the initial promise that Rachel's clients would feature only until they were impregnated at which point thy would no longer be part of MC's life; that turned out to be untrue as 2 of the clients have turned out to have larger roles within the story.

Then there was the Talismah debacle where BD, as far as I can tell, combined an LI with a client which resulted in a storyline in which Rachel was pimping out her pseudo-daughter.

Finally there was the last actual update in which Jamie all butadmitted that she intends to get pregnant by the MC, despite the fact that is a really stupid thing to do since she's 18 years old and MC has yet to secure his future by getting drafted.

At this point I'm watching this thread with popcorn, I no longer care about the game but enjoy the back and forth.
In the real world, no one would get drafted with such a harem regardless. No team would want to deal with such a clusterfuck waiting to happen :ROFLMAO:

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I understand what he says, and it is what i feared, he thinks this will help him get out of the circle of redoing stuff.

It wont, the only way to get out of the perfectionist circle is to understand that its a viscious circle and to stop trying to reach perfection.

I do believe he is doing everything in good faith, and this is what i meant a few days ago when i said the patreons that voted to wait untill he thinks the update is ready instead of giving him a rope to get ouf of the rabbit hole, they pushed Braindrop even further down.

The update will NEVER be perfect in his eyes. There will always be something to do slitghly different. The updates where really good when they were done weekly, it will be great after so many months, the problem is in his head, not on the update.
The messed up part is that even if its perfect in his eyes. It will not be perfect for someone out there.

Last edited:

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017

Impregnation and pregnacy are massive turn-offs for you :WaitWhat: It's good that there are only few people like you, cuz there is nothing better than this:love:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The messed up part is that even if its perfect in his eyes. I will not be perfect for someone out there.
Nothing is perfect, even the Divine Comedy has criticisms.

The problem isnt the quality of the update, its the Dev's being in a mental rabbit hole about it.

The solution, that often in real life is reached by someone demanding a deadline or the author getting feedback from close people, is to release the product.

That would lift the weight of his shoulders, and he can go back and change something after if something is really bad, it wouldnt be the first one doing it or the first time, but he would be out of the rabbit hole

Doing the DITLO wont help, its just kicking the problem further in time

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Another thing I want to point out is, okay so he is doing this 8-episode project and its basically in the same world of the main game but it's a day in the world of certain characters in the main game.

So, he is going to have to put in the same care and consideration that he would put into the main game.

If his mental state was that he couldn't work on the main game because of criticism, what is that to preclude that from his side project? Maybe people will end up criticizing this side project?

So either way, whether it's the main game that gets criticized or this 8 episode project. He is going to face criticism regardless.

Now again if the mental state was that bad and he wanted to take a break from the game, he could have said well I am going to take some guitar lessons, or maybe go on a camping trip with the family. But to work on the game as his means to escape from working on the main game is not really going to help him out.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes