• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Wait how?
So far the only girl sex I have been able to do is via the "Dancer" path, everything else as a girl has been BJs
See that's what you get for not tipping!

Encase you didn't get the joke tipping in game gives you tips on how to get different sex scenes, cute don't you think.

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
Th
See that's what you get for not tipping!

Encase you didn't get the joke tipping in game gives you tips on how to get different sex scenes, cute don't you think.
At answers one question, though the shoplifting side still evades me for now.
The real crux atm is "if you are ALREADY a lass, is there any non-oral content currently?"

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Th

The real crux atm is "if you are ALREADY a lass, is there any non-oral content currently?"
The one time I had sex as a girl in this playthrough was with the pharmacist. And smith66 was right, the jar does hint at this ;)

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Th

So their are two scenes that I know of that you can get while a girl.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
So their are two scenes that I know of that you can get while a girl.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Currently can confirm
Shoplifting sis, as a girl gives option 'Talk it Out' (spoiler you are not talking it out)
The RNG on this event is low, but is foreshadowed by a 'i need a ride to the mall' start and a 'allowance' or 'dont know how I'll manage' start usually* still need to go back and forth in mall menus to trigger.

Overall, the demo seems to favor the 'Male' side of the interactions more

Demos are done in male form -> pilled
Dance event done as male -> pilled
Low cash Transform done as male - (still testing if female start works, probably does)
Normal sex done through Bar -> ONS
Sis event done as male

Currently the only overlap is the Sis Shoplift event, (that I've discovered through testing)

Female centric events are facefuck and BJ mostly.

Reactions: smith66

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
There will be more stuff soon I promise! full on sex encounters with randomized NPCs will be possible a couple releases from now.
The way i write often comes off as dismissive, sorry about that, I meant no disregard. You have quite the project ahead.
A little more clarity in the changelogs might be good, knowing that there is a hidden egg is awesome, but on a demo/early release it can lead to assumptions about parts still missing.
for example, the Shoplifting tip, sounds like it isn't implemented at first glance, as the majority of interactions with Sis at the mall revolve around coffee and the only other clue is tied to RNG.
There is a difference in : "All the available actions spelled out" , and "Find the secrets on your own!!" , and that may still be a fine line to walk.

Some of the other changelogs i follow list out current available actions, (i.e. added 2 blowjob scenes in the Pub) or (added RNG to Mall to trigger a secret!) as to give just enough info to the player that there is something there, but not exactly.

Some may say, "but Troscer! It is right there in the Tips, why add it to the changelog?"
to which i would respond, "hello voice in my head, you gotta stop that. It freaks me out. Also, Consistency and redundancy, some games plan a tip first, and the event isnt added yet, knowing it is functional help keep players from dead ends.

I still think got a great start, and hard project ahead, that i am very much interested in following the road map along with, and i hope this Game continues forward.

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
The way i write often comes off as dismissive, sorry about that, I meant no disregard. You have quite the project ahead.
A little more clarity in the changelogs might be good, knowing that there is a hidden egg is awesome, but on a demo/early release it can lead to assumptions about parts still missing.
for example, the Shoplifting tip, sounds like it isn't implemented at first glance, as the majority of interactions with Sis at the mall revolve around coffee and the only other clue is tied to RNG.
There is a difference in : "All the available actions spelled out" , and "Find the secrets on your own!!" , and that may still be a fine line to walk.

Some of the other changelogs i follow list out current available actions, (i.e. added 2 blowjob scenes in the Pub) or (added RNG to Mall to trigger a secret!) as to give just enough info to the player that there is something there, but not exactly.

Some may say, "but Troscer! It is right there in the Tips, why add it to the changelog?"
to which i would respond, "hello voice in my head, you gotta stop that. It freaks me out. Also, Consistency and redundancy, some games plan a tip first, and the event isnt added yet, knowing it is functional help keep players from dead ends.

I still think got a great start, and hard project ahead, that i am very much interested in following the road map along with, and i hope this Game continues forward.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, the game should be clearer about what content is not currently available. I'll update future changelogs / etc with more clarity around that.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Added some new cheats (to the online version only):
- Be a man: +10 masculinity
- Be a woman: -10 masculinity
- How do you turn this on: max arousal
- Cool me down: min arousal

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Will intelligence or something similar in the future allow for making mistakes when taking pills if you have more than one type in your inventory?
It seems there is a part of the X-Change community that enjoys pill-mistakes (using an X-tra or Resist or Breeder instead of a Basic by mistake).

Zim Sumisu

Mar 9, 2018
Added some new cheats (to the online version only):
- Be a man: +10 masculinity
- Be a woman: -10 masculinity
- How do you turn this on: max arousal
- Cool me down: min arousal
Cool, that should help with exploring all content a bit faster!
Love the art style layered on top of actual images and video to give it this cartoony look. Which software/filter/effect did you use?

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Will intelligence or something similar in the future allow for making mistakes when taking pills if you have more than one type in your inventory?
It seems there is a part of the X-Change community that enjoys pill-mistakes (using an X-tra or Resist or Breeder instead of a Basic by mistake).
Oooh that's a good idea. Perhaps something to do with the "Bimbo" side effect that's currently implemented...

Cool, that should help with exploring all content a bit faster!
Love the art style layered on top of actual images and video to give it this cartoony look. Which software/filter/effect did you use?
For the video, I use the Mac/iOS app , it's pretty good! I now remove the black lines added by default, and just rely on the "blobification" of colors. A side result of this is that it actually makes the videos much easier to compress and get small file sizes without too many visual artifacts. I also do some manual video editing and use to smooth out video before cartoonizing it.

Then for the portraits, I use to make the male/female version of each character, replace the background, and then use an iPhone app called " " which does AI cartoon renditions of people which I find to be pretty painterly.

Speaking of AI, I've also been training my own AI voice to use for X-Change product descriptions / announcements / etc. Any place where a computer voice is needed... see attached audio example! Still needs a bit of work but I find it quite good now for a computer generated voice.

Last edited:

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Oooh that's a good idea. Perhaps something to do with the "Bimbo" side effect that's currently implemented...

For the video, I use the Mac/iOS app , it's pretty good! I now remove the black lines added by default, and just rely on the "blobification" of colors. A side result of this is that it actually makes the videos much easier to compress and get small file sizes without too many visual artifacts. I also do some manual video editing and use to smooth out video before cartoonizing it.

Then for the portraits, I use to make the male/female version of each character, replace the background, and then use an iPhone app called " " which does AI cartoon renditions of people which I find to be pretty painterly.

Speaking of AI, I've also been training my own AI voice to use for X-Change product descriptions / announcements / etc. Any place where a computer voice is needed... see attached audio example! Still needs a bit of work but I find it quite good now for a computer generated voice.
If you don't feel reluctant to pick up other devs' ideas, then New Life has a great character sheet. One of the traits you can pick (or draw at random) is 'Forgetful', and it makes you sometimes skip contraceptives

Last edited:
Reactions: Geronimo323

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
If you don't feel reluctant to pick up other devs' ideas, then New Life has a great character sheet. One of the traits you can pick (or draw at random) is 'Forgetful', and it makes you sometimes skip contraceptives
But that’s where I steal my ideas from. :cry:

Reactions: stochastic

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Well, I may just splice this in to the "Brainless Bimbo" side effect I already have. Although taking negative/positive traits like newlife would be cool in future for the character creation screen. They could factor into your score multiplier, for instance. Similar to Daggerfall, when your strengths/weaknesses define how fast you earn XP.
I understood that reference! wololo
Yay I was hoping someone would get that haha
But that’s where I steal my ideas from. :cry:
Okay okay Kevin, you can steal from them first and then I'll just steal from you :geek:

Last edited:

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Well, I may just splice this in to the "Brainless Bimbo" side effect I already have. Although taking negative/positive traits like newlife would be cool in future for the character creation screen. They could factor into your score multiplier, for instance. Similar to Daggerfall, when your strengths/weaknesses define how fast you earn XP.

Yay I was hoping someone would get that haha

Okay okay Kevin, you can steal from them first and then I'll just steal from you :geek:
In all honesty, I've been watching Newlife's progress (for lack of a better word...) for over 3 years now and I can say it is my fav game ever. Problem is, the dev has been stalling development for like the last 4 years, and I just hope you don't fall in the same trap.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
I have been watching Newlife for 7 years. It was a bit more exciting watching it back then.

X-Change Life sure has all the trappings to fall into the trap of all the other life sims that just were too ambitious for their own good (not looking at Female Agent ;) ).
But the beginning is very promising.

4.60 star(s) 79 Votes