• Poll closed .

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
3_1_example_main.png 3_1_example_finished.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAC is a Windows batch script file that helps to automate the use of certain command line tools, like cwebp.exe and ffmpeg.exe
YAC allows you to compress many different types of files, including pictures, music, and video in a quick and easy menu-driven way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

======== DOWNLOAD ========

V3.5
- -

V2.1 (Previous major release)
- -

This script is inspired by bas's RenCruncher and Sam's UnRen scripts and borrows some code from them. Many, many thanks to those guys.​

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Good but I think it's a bit similar with this one https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-rpgm-html-cruncher-v1-2-fixed-developer-edition.23008/
And I suggest if u wanna made something new u need add support for some other games engines by creating profile system for example for each games engine and user just choose it from options menu before compressing since there are already enough renpy games compressors I think. For example u can find tools for decompressing almost all popular game engines and some of them are command line so u can try to integrate it if u want. For example here is power shell script for Tyranobuilder exe archives https://f95zone.to/threads/script-to-cut-data-file-out-of-combined-tyranobuilder-exe.47164/ but it has problem with large files (bigger than 1Gb). I dunno is there are cmd tools for RPGM MV encrypted files (I found only this one ) but it will be good if ur cruncher will automate that file types decoding and crunching after them.
P.S. It's just my suggestions - I maybe would made it myseft but not very good with cmd...

Last edited:

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Good but I think it's a bit similar with this one https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-rpgm-html-cruncher-v1-2-fixed-developer-edition.23008/
And I suggest if u wanna made something new u need add support for some other games engines by creating profile system for example for each games engine and user just choose it from options menu before compressing since there are already enough renpy games compressors I think. For example u can find tools for decompressing almost all popular game engines and some of them are command line so u can try to integrate it if u want. For example here is power shell script for Tyranobuilder exe archives https://f95zone.to/threads/script-to-cut-data-file-out-of-combined-tyranobuilder-exe.47164/ but it has problem with large files (bigger than 1Gb). I dunno is there are cmd tools for RPGM MV encrypted files (I found only this one ) but it will be good if ur cruncher will automate that file types decoding and crunching after them.
P.S. It's just my suggestions - I maybe would made it myseft but not very good with cmd...
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd never really messed with cmd scripting before using bas's cruncher script. I'm more into Python(which is why I'm so interested in RenPy). This is kind of a learning experience for me.

I want to keep the script's feature set lean. The whole point is for it to be quick and easy. If I add too many features it will quickly become too complicated to use. Already the script is over 550 lines of code and the main menu has 8 options, which is more than I'd like.

That said, I might add RPGMV decryption. That seems like a useful feature for RPG maker games. I would want that decryption to be automatic, though. So, I'd have to have the script hunt for each file's duplicate(IE .rpgmvp -> .png) and delete it, then disable encryption in the system.json file. I'm sure it's doable since the script does most of that already but If I can't find a way to do it all reliably then I'd rather not do it at all.

For now though, I want to make sure the current version is as stable as possible before blowing it up. Thanks again.

Reactions: dr FeelGood

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Works like a charm and very easy to use, I wouldn't invest more time into this unless it concerns bug-fixes. Only suggestion I have is if you decide to implement another engine, forget about rpgm. Aside from the fact there are already some out there, if this is a learning experience there are other engines more suitable for that.

;tldr Thank you for this handy little tool :)

Reactions: hngg

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Any chance to (possibility) make this work under x32?
Hmm, maybe.
To be honest, the thought to do so never occurred to me. I've been running 64-bit machines for nearly 20 years.

Consider upgrading your operating system; if your PC is newer than 2003 you very likely have 64-bit capable hardware. Last I checked, Windows 10 64-bit can be activated for free with 32-bit windows 7 or 8 keys, BTW. It just has to be a clean install, not an in-place upgrade. Backup your stuff to Onedrive/Google drive/flash drive or whatever, and join the 21st century. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Moanie

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
dont work for no english name file. it just erase them
Unfortunately, this is something I have not yet figured out how to fix. At best I may be able to get the script to skip those files rather than delete them.

Circe21

Apr 24, 2018
Unfortunately, this is something I have not yet figured out how to fix. At best I may be able to get the script to skip those files rather than delete them.
yes that must be fixed. so annoying. ill wait for fixed version. thx for your effort

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
YAC version 1.6 has been released.
  • Added .GIF compression support (converts to .webm)
  • Added a new "Ultra" quality preset. This preset maxes all quality settings and uses lossless image compression.
  • Removed "Mute" option as it isn't really necessary anymore(silent audio now uses insignificant space)
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the script to crash if a file path had parentheses in it.
If any of you know of a particular RenPy game that is not compressing properly with YAC please let me know so I can try to quash the bugs.

Last edited:

MG_

May 14, 2020
Getting an error. I guess some dependency issue...
Win 7 (Home Basic) sp1 x64 Eng (used with Admin rights)
Untitled.jpg

Same with Sam's WebPy
1.jpg

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Found a bug that is performance related and could've already been fixed. While compressing, the compression process will slow to a crawl. This happens for 2 or more Gigabyte games.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Getting an error. I guess some dependency issue...
Win 7 (Home Basic) sp1 x64 Eng (used with Admin rights)
View attachment 1051840

Same with Sam's WebPy
View attachment 1051839
Can you .zip that PNG and post it here? Is this your own content?

Found a bug that is performance related and could've already been fixed. While compressing, the compression process will slow to a crawl. This happens for 2 or more Gigabyte games.
What file types are slowing down for you? Each file type is handled separately; only the file tracking code spans all file types.
The number of files being compressed can cause a slowdown if checking the "already crunched list" file is enabled. This feature is automatically disabled if the file is blank/doesn't exist, so delete the file whenever you clear out the "game" folder to restore speed. Checking if files have been compressed already is only necessary if your computer crashed/shutdown in the middle of compressing, or you added new files to a game you've already compressed.

Other than that, I'm not aware of slowdowns beyond the limitations of the encoding libraries that I can't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canade

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Can you .zip that PNG and post it here? Is this your own content?

What file types are slowing down for you? Each file type is handled separately; only the file tracking code spans all file types.
The number of files being compressed can cause a slowdown if checking the "already crunched list" file is enabled. This feature is automatically disabled if the file is blank/doesn't exist, so delete the file whenever you clear out the "game" folder to restore speed. Checking if files have been compressed already is only necessary if your computer crashed/shutdown in the middle of compressing, or you added new files to a game you've already compressed.

Other than that, I'm not aware of slowdowns beyond the limitations of the encoding libraries that I can't help.
Got it. I must've had the file check enabled. I'll disable it now, much appreciated.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
It's an ordinary PNG file, I'm sure this isn't the cause... The image wasn't made by me, it's from the game Family Values 0.2
Thanks for posting that. You're right and this looks to be an ordinary 24-bit PNG file that compressed without issue on my machine.
1614446726531.png

Perhaps your version of Windows(7 Basic) does not include some component required by the script. Try installing the basic and restarting your computer. To be honest I have very little experience with the limited editions of Windows like Starter, Basic, and K/KN. I do know a lot is stripped out of them, including codecs.

If that doesn't work, try this version of the script. This uses a simpler YUV algorithm since that looks to be the step that failed for you.

Last edited:

MG_

May 14, 2020
hngg Nah, same. I think it's Windows 7 Basic edition problem or Win7 problem, coz I've mega codec pack installed

I got it converted using this latest official version libwebp-1.2.0-windows-x64-no-wic
I get them both versions, but only no-wic worked

Cheers

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hngg

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Hey. Just wanted to say thank you for making this. Helps a lot! :giggle:

Not sure if you can answer or do something to this, but I have a question:
It seems like the cruncher rewrites the header of .png files (maybe others too), and Photoshop can't open them after being crunched. Error says "not a PNG file". If you open crunched png in notepad++ it says "RIFF WEBPVP8" at the start, so Photoshop struggles with this.

I'm currently looking at how to fix Photoshop itself (if ever possible), but it'd be nice if you could keep the extension in post-crunched files true to what it says.