VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm good with an Alessa and Vera throuple option :love: I don't think her and Vera are really serious though, in their own words they are just trying something different. So a solo path shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah I know a solo path been confirmed just not sure how that is going to play out just yet. Makes me curious if the MC is going be an asshole about it and make Alessa make a decision Vera or him or what. I probably will play the throuple path much later but just not really my thing unless im into both of the LI and feel like it makes sense otherwise it's a path I play just to see it.

Reactions: Justaphase

LemonTree 83

Dec 18, 2023
Who's Lisa? Do you mean Julia? Can't even remember her name..tsk! :LOL:
View attachment 3851510
You know you can have more than one save...right?
Yop sorry... honest mistake.
My old brain needs some time to keep names and faces together.
But dont ask my where Lisa came from oO

Yes, i know that.

Thing is, i take a look at the way MCs are written and for my first playthrough, i try to play them like i see them... or like i think they would act.

MC here isnt really a Harem-guy, at least i dont see him like that.
I think it was after the dialogue with Olivia (attending her event) when you could ask her out... if you do, MC is thinking something like
"Did i really ask her out? Why did i do this?"

But thats just my opinion.

Yes, some games are worth exploring different paths, this is definitely one of them.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
First time playing and am enjoying the game. Also disappointed its not a harem. ;)

Needs a native speaker proofreader though, there are pronoun and indicator mix-ups, plus wrong word choices that won't get picked up by a spellcheck ("expanses" instead of "expenses" a few times, for instance.)

Reactions: MaxRichard

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I generally like this VN, but this was not my favorite update. The way the trip with Kim was handled was way too cutesy given the choices I've made, particularly that
Yeah, I have to agree with this. Even if the MC wants a good working relationship with Kim, he doesn't have to react to the snow ball, have dinner with her, or could call Kim out when she gets naked in front of him. I do like that he isn't outright rude to her, but at the same time, it could be entirely in-character to shut her down when she crosses boundaries.

The way MC x Kim is written now, makes the MC look very wishy-washy when the player picks negative dialog options. Instead, I think the forgiveness variable should've been used here, with optionally a player choice to forgive her after all and try to mend the friendship.

demon79yu

Aug 20, 2021
I‘m a little disappointed when Liv path being locked because I‘m in Julia path (and I dont have a save without getting along with Juli). Liv is a strong gilr, she should steal/rob her student’s boyfriend instead of giving up immediately.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I‘m a little disappointed when Liv path being locked because I‘m in Julia path (and I dont have a save without getting along with Juli). Liv is a strong gilr, she should steal/rob her student’s boyfriend instead of giving up immediately.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
now you got me excited to play Oliva's path and what to come in the future. Actually happy about this. As to me it shows how good of a person and friend Oliva is even if she may want to date the MC but not trying to steal the MC good job Oliva (y)(y)(y) ( I didn't play the update yet)

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Yeah, I have to agree with this. Even if the MC wants a good working relationship with Kim, he doesn't have to react to the snow ball, have dinner with her, or could call Kim out when she gets naked in front of him. I do like that he isn't outright rude to her, but at the same time, it could be entirely in-character to shut her down when she crosses boundaries.

The way MC x Kim is written now, makes the MC look very wishy-washy when the player picks negative dialog options. Instead, I think the forgiveness variable should've been used here, with optionally a player choice to forgive her after all and try to mend the friendship.
Honestly, I didn't like this part at all. I wanted an option to be angry with her and not do any activities. Like having options to respond to her in a curt manner. If possible, not even having the option to go to the store with her.

Reactions: akinari2014

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
As always very good update, only thing I can complain is the gap between updates mixed with so many LIs. As I forget what half of them were about in over 6 months, I tend to drop such VNs sometime along the development and play the final version once (if ever) it comes out. And maybe that all of the LIs have their appeal and it's hard to say no to all of them. Speaks volumes for the character writing.
I guess I am too old to remember LIs from the top 20, 30 whatever VNs here over time, but if your brain works better than mine - give this one a go. You will find very few here that are as good.

The Witcher

Modder
Jul 19, 2017
When Olivia invites the MC to go to the exhibition don't accept. then Olivia will accept the date.

Reactions: DaffyDuck_Wiz

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Honestly, I didn't like this part at all. I wanted an option to be angry with her and not do any activities. Like having options to respond to her in a curt manner. If possible, not even having the option to go to the store with her.
Yeah, I think that'd be a valid way to interact with her. While the game does tell us they've been working together for months now, I don't think it has given us any reasons/framing why the MC would want to be friends with her (if he hasn't forgiven her).

From a narrative standpoint, I suspect the relationship between the MC and Kim needs to be repaired because the sister & daddy will play a role later, and the MC will have to save the day (or something).

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Kimberly really grew on me this update. Meanwhile it's getting pretty hard to keep being nice to Zeke... :HideThePain:
It's funny, but both the MC and Keyla are guilty of the same things. At some point, the MC says that Zeke gaslit Keyla into marrying him, which definitely is not the case.

Honestly, this whole Keyla and Zeke thing feels as if the dev got a timeline wrong, or decided later to have Keyla meet with the MC at college. This situation feels sloppy and convoluted, and it makes the MC, Keyla and Zeke unlikeable to me. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but can you call it a mistake if it lasts for months?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
It's funny, but both the MC and Keyla are guilty of the same things. At some point, the MC says that Zeke gaslit Keyla into marrying him, which definitely is not the case.

Honestly, this whole Keyla and Zeke thing feels as if the dev got a timeline wrong, or decided later to have Keyla meet with the MC at college. This situation feels sloppy and convoluted, and it makes the MC, Keyla and Zeke unlikeable to me. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but can you call it a mistake if it lasts for months?
Yeah i agree, i would even be fine with the MC being somewhat shitty (at least in the past) and recognizing it and owning up to it. But i feel like his thoughts are too judgemental towards Zeke and his talks with Keyla to if thats the case.

The MC just feels like such a hypcrite to me in this situation, how can he seriously judge or reprimand Zeke for anything while he fucked his girlfriend and future wife behind his back for months.

And all this stuff about Zeke doing it out of desperation and gaslighting keyla into agreeing was just dumb and even Keyla herself explained (in her confused way) why she did it. She said yes in hopes to move on and to not intervere with mc/kim not because Zeke forced her into it lol. This gave me the worst white-knight implications, Zeke is to blame because he is the guy (and not the mc himself).

I even kinda like Keyla and Zeke in this situation more than the mc at the moment. Keyla and Zeke just seemed to be very very confused and dumb and not able to made sound decisions back than, while the MC feels more like a backstabbing snake or a coward even more as he is very adamant about keepin everything a secret forever.

And it doesnt really fit with the mc's character in the other parts of the avn, we dont see him behave like that usually, i would even say its contrary to his character behavior.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
only the dev knows im not convinced how it will work or if it will be a full harem. Probably something that will come late into the game id imagine unless he makes it come across very forced
Imo it would not fit this story at all. Just imagine Kim, Candace and Julia alone all being in a relationship with the MC lol, would turn the story unbeliavable pretty quick. Some throuples would be fine imo but i cant even see LI's like Julia, Olivia, Michelle or Candace participate in even that.

Imo harem's require a really really good setup to be at least somewhat believable and this avn doesnt give me the impression, its too realistic.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Imo it would not fit this story at all. Just imagine Kim, Candace and Julia alone all being in a relationship with the MC lol, would turn the story unbeliavable pretty quick. Some throuples would be fine imo but i cant even see LI's like Julia, Olivia, Michelle or Candace participate in even that.

Imo harem's require a really really good setup to be at least somewhat believable and this avn doesnt give me the impression, its too realistic.
yeah the only thing this AVN gives me that might be possible in a realistic manner is some threesome couplings once in awhile ( one time thing ) otherwise I can only see one throuple atm granted I still need to replay this + the update. Even the odd threesome here and there might be a stretch for some.

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes